• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Commanders vs Ravens: "Shadow People"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1728629758156.png1728629859739.png

As songs about Baltimore go "Shadow People" by Dr. Dog tells the story of trying to make it big in the city. How appropriate is that for the two combatants in this game? One, the Baltimore Ravens' quest to make it big has everything to do with continuing on a path that finally gets to where they're the ones hoisting the Lombardi trophy. For their guest, the Washington Commanders, their make-it-big moment will come in victory or a very tightly contested game.
1728630029718.png
1728630118367.png
1728630156791.png
1728630243420.png

When the Washington Commanders play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, October 13, 2024, you can expect an exciting matchup with several key elements to watch for:

In-Depth Analysis​

Team Performance and Key Players: Washington Commanders:

Quarterback, Jayden Daniels: Has been a standout thus far this season, leading the Commanders to a strong start this season with a 4-1 record. His dual-threat capability has been a significant asset, allowing the offense to be both versatile and unpredictable.

Offense:
The Commanders’ offense has been efficient, scoring consistently in their recent games, I see them fully capable of continuing their balanced offensive efficiency in the air and on the ground.

Defense: Not previously known as an aggressive and hard-hitting group, the Commanders’ defensive improvement over the last two weeks will be crucial in this matchup. Pressuring the elusive Jackson, slowing the Ravens' run game, and creating turnovers are all keys to a Commander's victory.

Team Performance and Key Players: Baltimore Ravens:

Quarterback Lamar Jackson remains a dynamic playmaker, capable of changing the game with both his arm and legs. A perennial playoff participant, the Ravens with their 3-2 record are looking to reinforce their status by building on their momentum via their dominance over NFC teams.

Offense: The Ravens’ offense is known for its explosive plays and strong running game. The key players to watch include, Henry, Likely, Flowers, Andrews, and future hall-of-famer, Justin Tucker.

Defense: The Ravens’ defense has been solid, but they, aren’t the Ravens of yesteryear and will need to step up to contain Jayden Daniels and the Commanders’ offense. To their regret, they will attempt to make the Commanders' offense one-dimensional by concentrating on stopping the run.

Predictions and Analysis

Favorability: Despite the odds maker's insistence on installing the Ravens as 6.5-point favorites, I expect this game to be highly competitive, with both teams having strong starts to the season. I’m giving the Ravens a slight edge because they are the home team, and Washington is on a trajectory that gives them two ways to become winners coming out of this one… a direct win and a close extremely competitive loss.

Game Dynamics: Expect a high-energy game with both quarterbacks playing pivotal roles. The Commanders’ defense will need to contain Lamar Jackson, while their offense must continue its efficient play. In almost mirror imaging, the Ravens’ defense will need to contain Jayden Daniels and while their offense continues its’ efficient play.

Key Factors to Watch​

Quarterback Play: The duel between Jayden Daniels and Lamar Jackson will be a highlight. Both quarterbacks’ performances will be crucial in determining the game’s outcome.

Defensive Pressure: Both teams’ ability to pressure the quarterback and create turnovers will likely determine the game’s outcome.

Offensive Efficiency: The Commanders’ ability to score on every drive and the Ravens’ efforts to capitalize on their explosive playmakers will be pivotal.

When all is said and done, this game comes down to, two strong offenses trying to keep their teams ahead of their defensive uncertainties. A strong 6th man home-field advantage could give the home team an edge and make this one a thrilling contest. Enjoy the game, everyone!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is on a trajectory that gives them two ways to become winners coming out of this one… a direct win and a close extremely competitive loss.
This sentence really stood out to me and agree!

Wonderful write up Sty as always :yo:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on our TEs this Sunday.
I was thinking we might see a few more targets to Luke and Oz this Sunday as well. The way Jayden spreads the ball around, hard to tell how this game will play out if our run game gets shut down. Also, the stat regarding Ravens allowing explosive plays is something I wonder if Jayden and crew can exploit. Terry? Looks like their best CB was in a walking boot after the Cincy game, tho likely to play this week.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking we might see a few more targets to Luke and Oz this Sunday as well. The way Jayden spreads the ball around, hard to tell how this game will play out if our run game gets shut down. Also, the stat regarding Ravens allowing explosive plays is something I wonder if Jayden and crew can exploit. Terry? Looks like their best CB was in a walking boot after the Cincy game, tho likely to play this week.
Have to run whether Baltimore stops the run or not. Puts pressure on the line and JD if they don't at least go through the motion.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to run whether Baltimore stops the run or not. Puts pressure on the line and JD if they don't at least go through the motion.
Oh I completely agree. Heard Stinky say that KK wants 25 running plays to be the min goal in any game plan

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fabulous Hype Video

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00