• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Come on Stafford -- return to 2011 form!!!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st fantasy draft of the season was yesterday for me. It is a 10 man PPR league with lots of bonuses awarded (over 100 rushing, over 100 receiving, over 300 passing -- double bonus for 200 rushing or 200 receiving -- over 400 passing)

It is a 10 man league and I had the 7th pick. As expected, RBs flew off the board at 1 (AP), 2 (Ray Rice), 3 (Foster), 5 (M. Lynch) and 6 (Jamaal Charles). At #4, Megatron.

I went with a risky pick at 7, but Buffalo is saying they want to feed Spiller the ball as much as possible in the run and passing game. So I took CJ Spiller, even though he makes me nervous, as he seems to get nicked up quite a bit.

From then on out -- it was pretty much all running backs off the board. I was set on taking another RB in the 2nd, but with the majority of guys I wanted gone, I decided to go with Brandon Marshall. 3rd round I was going to take a running back again, but I couldn't get myself to take Chris Johnson -- So I decided to stack my WR position, as it is a PPR league and took Andre Johnson. 4th round -- once again I was set on taking a RB. I had DeMarco Murray up and ready to draft and he was taken by the guy right before me. So I look at the WR/RB left and for some reason, Roddy White is still there. We can start 2 WRs and a flex (WR/RB), so I took WR.

Here is how the rest of my draft played out:

QB -- Stafford (6th round), Philip Rivers

RB -- CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Giovanni Bernard, Benjarvis G.E., Ryan Mathews, Rams starting RB (can't remember his name right now)

WR -- Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Andre Roberts, Justin Blackmon, Ryan Broyles

TE -- Antonio Gates, Jarod Cook

D -- Seattle Seahawks

K -- David Akers

I actually really like my team, though my RB position can be a boom or bust scenario. I should get a ton of points from my WRs and hopefully, if Stafford continues to progress and can find the end zone like he did in 2011 -- He will be the steal of the draft in the 6th round.

I have my 500 dollar league draft a week from Tuesday. For the first time in at least 10 years, I have the first pick overall. It is a standard scoring league, so it will be huge to get Adrian Peterson. I will most definitely be taking a RB with one of my next two picks in that league though.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looks pretty good really. Depth at RB looks a little talent depleted but thats preseason too. Always end up with a couple surprises and some waiver options. Don't know when you drafted Blackmon but I hope it was like a last round talent grab. Dude is Titus Youngs 2nd coming. I like your team overall.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Stafford and Rivers, you may lead the league in INT's, but you should still do well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looks pretty good really. Depth at RB looks a little talent depleted but thats preseason too. Always end up with a couple surprises and some waiver options. Don't know when you drafted Blackmon but I hope it was like a last round talent grab. Dude is Titus Youngs 2nd coming. I like your team overall.

I took Blackmon in the 16th round, I believe. If he plays at all, it will only be on a bye week or an injury.

Agree with the RB position though. Hopefully it won't hurt me too badly. If Spiller can stay healthy -- I think he will be a monster, but that is a big IF. Not sure what to expect out of the others though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Stafford and Rivers, you may lead the league in INT's, but you should still do well.

Int's are only worth -1, so they don't hurt you too badly. With Rivers -- I will only be starting him if something happened to Stafford.

That is why I hope Stafford returns to 2011 form and puts up a lot of TD passes. I think 2012 was a fluke year, as so many times WRs were tackled at the goal line.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I hope Stafford returns to 2011 form and puts up a lot of TD passes. I think 2012 was a fluke year, as so many times WRs were tackled at the goal line.

He should land somewhere between 2011 and 2012. 30-32 td passes.
Also, Rivers should be as bad as last year. They are changing their offense to more of a quick hitting offense. So less sacks and Int's.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should land somewhere between 2011 and 2012. 30-32 td passes.
Also, Rivers should be as bad as last year. They are changing their offense to more of a quick hitting offense. So less sacks and Int's.

That is pretty much how I looked at it. I said he would get anywhere from 25-35 td passes this year. I think with the line having so many new starters -- Detroit was still going to have to rely on the passing game more than most teams.

I took some fliers on guys who were big time picks in the past (Stafford after 2011 season), Ryan Mathews, Antonio Gates (who they say is in the best shape of his career). Not sure if they will work out, but after changing my drafting strategy and going WR, WR, WR in rounds 2-4 -- I didn't have much of a choice.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid team, your WR core looks good, I think you will be surprised by Blackmon if Henne/Gabbert can get him the ball he will score you some points.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. Stafford does not throw close enough to anyone on the field for it to be intercepted. Rivers wont have time to throw interceptions. He will be on his back faster and more often then a Thai hore during tourist season.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Stafford does not throw close enough to anyone on the field for it to be intercepted. Rivers wont have time to throw interceptions. He will be on his back faster and more often then a Thai hore during tourist season.

Quit referencing my Mom Old Lion......Not Cool!!!!!:wtf2:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't see 2010 Stafford.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure would be nice to see 2011 Stafford.

This was probably one of the top teams I felt I had after a fantasy draft in all my years doing them. Talk about a let down. I never started the right QB or the right RB's all year long it seemed.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernard turned out to be a steal for you.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Pimp in my 14 team keeper. Bush too. The guy who has Megatron has Brady too. He's been to a few Super Bowls.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, just missed on my Stafford prediction.