• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Combines basically over who you got?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Wouldnt bitch at either. Not trolling, did Bush get accused of taking plays off at Michigan? i could be mistaken and please correct me if i am wrong.

I don't know really. I watch Michigan occasionally and he was always making plays when I watched.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is just an all around good football player. Not the best cover saftey, but not a total liability in coverage either. Good locker room guy, high football IQ. Not trying to be bias either, i think Collins brings a little more to the table overall than Mathieu.

He is a heavy hitter but slumped badly last year when his team was out of it (losing zapped his motivation?). If the Lions signed him, there is a great chance that the Lions will suck as they always do and he wouldn't perform. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder between these two guys. It's unlikely the Lions sign either anyways. Not many players want to suffer through Michigan winters to play for the worst run franchise in the history of the modern NFL. Unless they get a mega contract.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see it happening, but aside from Wentz he's my favorite QB prospect from the last 3 or 4 years. He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers with his decision making ability and ability to make plays outside the pocket.

Interesting comparison. I haven't seen any QB since Aaron Rodgers that reminds me of him. He was way to accurate of a passer. I thought he reminded me of a poor man's version of Russell Wilson.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is just an all around good football player. Not the best cover saftey, but not a total liability in coverage either. Good locker room guy, high football IQ. Not trying to be bias either, i think Collins brings a little more to the table overall than Mathieu.

From a business perspective I think I would rather have Mathieu. The price difference is for Collins is more then the talent difference between them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that Fant will go ahead of Hockenson and Hockenson is another over rated prospect by the media this year. Also, some people have that Simmons going in the first round with a tore up knee. They are delusional if any GM is going to take him in the first. Imagine being a GM and having to explain to your fan base that your first rounder won't be helping your team this year.

I think Hockenson will be a quality player in the NFL, but his value will be his ability to be a 3 down TE. He was a tremendous blocker for Iowa.

Fant is like Evan Engram. He can split out wide or at TE, but he isn’t the blocker Hockenson is.

I wouldn’t touch Simmons. He may have 1st round ability, but the knee and that video of him pummeling that woman before he got to college. Yeah, no thank you.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on the 3 TE the athletic difference between the 3 isn't important

Fant Worst route runner, hands, and blocker of the 3. I think Stafford + Fant would be very similar to Stafford + Ebron

Hockenson is good in all aspects of the position could end up being a guy like Jay Novacek that was a strong run blocker and a decent RZ threat

Smith Best route runner by far of the 3 and best hands and is a medium blocker think he has Vernon Davis type potential

That said these 3 are all great and i'd be happy with any of them in the 1st and ecstatic with one of them in the 2nd. TE is our biggest need and these guys are monsters.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you like Hock and Fant better than Smith?

not all that much better than Smith, however I listed nearly my top 20 players and Smith doesn't get into that. I believe his value is back-end of 1st round (last eight) to top 8 of 2nd round.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant Worst route runner, hands, and blocker of the 3. I think Stafford + Fant would be very similar to Stafford + Ebron

yep. agree 100%. the most athletic of the 3 but not the best of the 3. His Combine alone will keep him top 20. imo.

He needs to be a move TE primarily but with a team that has a deep speed outside threat where that WR can also be moved from x to y to z simultaneously. That's not Detroit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockenson is good in all aspects of the position could end up being a guy like Jay Novacek that was a strong run blocker and a decent RZ threat

That's a perfect blend of a comp for Hockenson. imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith Best route runner by far of the 3 and best hands and is a medium blocker think he has Vernon Davis type potential

agree with all but the Vernon Davis comp and I couldn't come up with someone else at this time.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that FA is over for us mostly my knee jerk dream draft

1.8 Ed Oliver DT/DE
2.11 Irv Smith Jr TE
3.24 Riley Ridley WR
4.9 David Long CB
5.4 Alex Barnes RB
6.11 Will Grier QB
6.31 Terry Godwin WR
7.10 Sean Bunting CB
7.15 Terez Hall LB

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#8 DL Quinnen Williams
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Quinnen Williams | NFL.com

#43 CB Amani Oruwariye
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Amani Oruwariye | NFL.com

#88 TE Josh Oliver
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Josh Oliver | NFL.com

#111 RG Dru Samia
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Dru Samia | NFL.com

#146 S Sheldrick Redwine (maybe he's still available) alternates WR Keesean Johnson or WR Jakobi Meyers
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Sheldrick Redwine | NFL.com

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - KeeSean Johnson | NFL.com
Pro-Day Report - Fresno State | Draft Analyst

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Jakobi Meyers | NFL.com

#184 OLB Malik Carney (might have to move him up to 5th rd.)
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Malik Carney | NFL.com

#204 RB Alex Barnes (questionable if he's available)
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Alex Barnes | NFL.com

#224 DL Armon Watts (should be gone before this late, idk)
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Armon Watts | NFL.com

#229 LB Ulysees Gilbert (The Akron University) 6' 1/4" 224 lbs.
Ulysees Gilbert III College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Steelers Present For Akron Pro Day; Team Met With LB Ulysees Gilbert - Steelers Depot

Gilbert had a great pro day as he ran his 40-yard-dash in 4.46-seconds in addition to having a vertical jump of 39.5-inches and a broad jump of 10’6″. He also reportedly did 20 reps on the bench and his 3-cone time was 6.94-seconds.

Gilbert played in this year’s East-West Shrine game and that means the Steelers had already met with him informally a few months ago.

In the 51 total games that he played at Akron, Gilbert registered 358 total tackles of which 28.5 resulted in lost yardage with 9.5 of those being sacks. He also intercepted 3 passes during his college career, forced 2 fumbles, and had 8 total pass breakups. He wasn’t, however, invited to this year’s scouting combine.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#8 DL Quinnen Williams
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Quinnen Williams | NFL.com

#43 CB Amani Oruwariye
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Amani Oruwariye | NFL.com

#88 TE Josh Oliver
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Josh Oliver | NFL.com

#111 RG Dru Samia
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Dru Samia | NFL.com

#146 S Sheldrick Redwine (maybe he's still available) alternates WR Keesean Johnson or WR Jakobi Meyers
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Sheldrick Redwine | NFL.com

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - KeeSean Johnson | NFL.com
Pro-Day Report - Fresno State | Draft Analyst

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Jakobi Meyers | NFL.com

#184 OLB Malik Carney (might have to move him up to 5th rd.)
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Malik Carney | NFL.com

#204 RB Alex Barnes (questionable if he's available)
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Alex Barnes | NFL.com

#224 DL Armon Watts (should be gone before this late, idk)
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Armon Watts | NFL.com

#229 LB Ulysees Gilbert (The Akron University) 6' 1/4" 224 lbs.
Ulysees Gilbert III College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Steelers Present For Akron Pro Day; Team Met With LB Ulysees Gilbert - Steelers Depot

Gilbert had a great pro day as he ran his 40-yard-dash in 4.46-seconds in addition to having a vertical jump of 39.5-inches and a broad jump of 10’6″. He also reportedly did 20 reps on the bench and his 3-cone time was 6.94-seconds.

Gilbert played in this year’s East-West Shrine game and that means the Steelers had already met with him informally a few months ago.

In the 51 total games that he played at Akron, Gilbert registered 358 total tackles of which 28.5 resulted in lost yardage with 9.5 of those being sacks. He also intercepted 3 passes during his college career, forced 2 fumbles, and had 8 total pass breakups. He wasn’t, however, invited to this year’s scouting combine.

Love the first 2. Also think Gilbert is an excellent flyer late. Another project I would like is Daylon Mack from Texas A&M. He would be a nice understudy to Snacks. I know the other guy gets all the talk but this kid would fit better and improved rapidly once he started getting reps.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another project I would like is Daylon Mack from Texas A&M. He would be a nice understudy to Snacks. I know the other guy gets all the talk but this kid would fit better and improved rapidly once he started getting reps.

yep. I like Mack also. He finally got off his ass as a senior and started to produce. He was pretty damn good at Senior Bowl. He's not long levered or very athletic and that's more inclined to BQ/MO type of DL player but you never know as a late round type.

Daylon Mack College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Daylon Mack | NFL.com

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Bush or White from lsu? If you had to pick one, who you going with?

Honestly. I might actually have to take Devin Bush.
Every time I watched Michigan play. He was ALWAYS making plays. TFL, sacks and just generally all over the field.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be bias either, i think Collins brings a little more to the table overall than Mathieu.

Collins can lay people out but I think Mathieu can cover way more ground and is just an all around play maker. Injuries have zapped a lot of his juice unfortunately.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins can lay people out but I think Mathieu can cover way more ground and is just an all around play maker. Injuries have zapped a lot of his juice unfortunately.
We have both made valid points. Collins is a saftey that loves to play in the box and isnt the best in coverage. Hes not a liability in coverage. . I know it was the Giants but Collins led the team in sacks, int's and tackles. Mathieu is better in coverage and speed.thats about it. Considering Mathieu was a corner at lsu I would hope he would be better in coverage.