• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colorado Springs Rages Over New MiLB Team

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate where I live. We lost the Triple-A Sky Sox because of a small, antiquated stadium, terrible Spring weather, and no team wanting their young pitchers trying to develop at 6200 feet above sea level.

The Sky Sox left for San Antonio, but we inherited the Brewers single-A team from Helena. This week, that team announced the new name and colors:

Vibes-Script-590x295.jpg

RM-Vibes-Header.jpg

DsYIPffV4AAr1LR-1-590x295.jpg

DsYIV7EVAAAKyeM-590x295.jpg

People in the Springs are fucking raging. Apparently Sky Sox was such a legit name that anything less is simply unacceptable. Facebook people, (who are the absolute worst), have gone as far as to refer to the team as the "Vibrators" and talk shit about s'mores.

I don't think this is all that bad. The team took fan submission and then held a vote for 5 options: Happy Campers, Punchy Pikas, Throttle Jockeys, Lamb Chops, and Rocky Mountain Oysters. The club obviously went the "Happy Campers" route with the logos, but in the 11th hour, decided to go with "Vibes" instead.

The target audience is obviously families and kids. Again, I get it. There's a lot worse out there.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in the Springs are fucking raging.

They should mellow out a bit, try some of that legal weed, or something

Apparently Sky Sox was such a legit name that anything less is simply unacceptable.

They need to chillax

Facebook people, (who are the absolute worst),

Now, now...

have gone as far as to refer to the team as the "Vibrators"

Well, that IS kinda funny when you think about--

and talk shit about s'mores.

WHAT the FUQUE

I will KILL them hippy bastards

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the pictures. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a bat enflamed, rather than what appears to be a twig? It's a baseball team, right?

And I take it the the C is for Colorado, although the team name is Rocky Mountain?

Kinda confusing. Maybe it makes more sense after sampling some of the local wares.

:)

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate where I live. We lost the Triple-A Sky Sox because of a small, antiquated stadium, terrible Spring weather, and no team wanting their young pitchers trying to develop at 6200 feet above sea level.

The Sky Sox left for San Antonio, but we inherited the Brewers single-A team from Helena. This week, that team announced the new name and colors:

Vibes-Script-590x295.jpg

RM-Vibes-Header.jpg

People in the Springs are fucking raging. Apparently Sky Sox was such a legit name that anything less is simply unacceptable. Facebook people, (who are the absolute worst), have gone as far as to refer to the team as the "Vibrators" and talk shit about s'mores.

I don't think this is all that bad. The team took fan submission and then held a vote for 5 options: Happy Campers, Punchy Pikas, Throttle Jockeys, Lamb Chops, and Rocky Mountain Oysters. The club obviously went the "Happy Campers" route with the logos, but in the 11th hour, decided to go with "Vibes" instead.

The target audience is obviously families and kids. Again, I get it. There's a lot worse out there.
love it
we raped pawtucket of the pawsox.

what do we call them in worcester?

woo sox?

people are hung up on pawsox here.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the pictures. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a bat enflamed, rather than what appears to be a twig? It's a baseball team, right?

And I take it the the C is for Colorado, although the team name is Rocky Mountain?

Kinda confusing. Maybe it makes more sense after sampling some of the local wares.

I don't care for the "Rocky Mountain" annotation, although I'm sure it has everything to do with marketing and exposure.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Mike Veeck should brought in to fix this dumpster fire

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vibes-Script-590x295.jpg

RM-Vibes-Header.jpg

Oh cry me a river. I think people in Baltimore would be ecstatic to have a minor league team right now

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh cry me a river. I think people in Baltimore would be ecstatic to have a minor league team right now
I think about the people in Helena, MT that just lost the only minor league team they had.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate living there too. I visited the area over the summer looking to move to that area and was not impressed. It was Kansas with legal weed and 1000000 bums.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate living there too. I visited the area over the summer looking to move to that area and was not impressed. It was Kansas with legal weed and 1000000 bums.
Springs is dumpy. Too many homeless tweakers and the traffic is putrid. I miss living in the Aurora area so much.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should mellow out a bit, try some of that legal weed, or something

They need to chillax

Now, now...

Well, that IS kinda funny when you think about--

WHAT the FUQUE

I will KILL them hippy bastards

They were kind of assholes about the weed when I visited. As if I was just some tourist there for weed because I smoked weed.

I couldn't hate on them too much after seeing the mobs of bums. But I didn't spend a single dime on weed the week I was there, I brought my own.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Springs is dumpy. Too many homeless tweakers and the traffic is putrid. I miss living in the Aurora area so much.

Hated the weather, hated the bums. Western side of the state seemed better to me, but still not great.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated the weather, hated the bums. Western side of the state seemed better to me, but still not great.
If you saw 100000 bums, you must've made the mistake of visiting Downtown Colorado Springs.

The better part of Colorado Springs is way North of the City; up by the Air Force Academy.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you saw 100000 bums, you must've made the mistake of visiting Downtown Colorado Springs.

The better part of Colorado Springs is way North of the City; up by the Air Force Academy.

I didn't take a census or anything, it was just my overall impression of the area/state. Denver was without a doubt the worst. I'm sure there were little neighborhoods in between that weren't so bad as with all cities/states.

It was as bad as San Fransisco about 10 years ago(I hear it's gotten worse so I'll date it).

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love it
we raped pawtucket of the pawsox.

what do we call them in worcester?

woo sox?

people are hung up on pawsox here.

I thought we agreed to call them the Wuss Sox?