• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colome our 2020 closer?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast, according to these metrics...........

2020 Closer Confirmed? Not So Fast - Sox On 35th

interesting .... but, he's maintained some pretty good for a number of years. he's only 30 years old.
that said .... very few closers are good for long periods. there are obvious exceptions but i think mostly a closer's effective expectancy is short.
in any event it wouldn't bother me if we moved him. i think we have a couple pitchers capable of closer effectively.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting .... but, he's maintained some pretty good for a number of years. he's only 30 years old.
that said .... very few closers are good for long periods. there are obvious exceptions but i think mostly a closer's effective expectancy is short.
in any event it wouldn't bother me if we moved him. i think we have a couple pitchers capable of closer effectively.
I thought it made for good reading and the guy did make some salient points. But all in all, I'm glad we have him for another year (barring offseason trade that is). As for any potential replacement, at the moment the only one who would appear to be ready to step in is Bummer. Just not sure if he's considered 'closer' material. He otherwise seems to have the goods tho. Another name to consider is Cordero. He's only seen limited action and in his brief career has never been in a closer role. He's also been a bit generous with the walks, altho in his brief stint with the Sox he's curtailed that somewhat. And the man does possess a nice heater with a smooth, minimal effort.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colome hasn't done anything to warrant losing his closer job. (Not surprised regs on here want to trade him for more maybe they will be prospect players though). Best news about this article isn't the idea he is going to lose his job (barring an aforementioned possible trade), but that there's other options IF he went and shat his pants on us next season.

Either way, if he's on the roster and healthy, expect him to be the closer.