• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football's Problem?

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to sit here and try to tell anyone about any sort of conspiracy theories regarding officials. However, we can all see that there has been terrible officiating this year in college football, a missed fumble last night with no whistle to rule forward progress has been stopped. To the botched Wisconsin-Arizona State ending.

Maybe it's just that 24 hour sports networks that can single out and discuss these errors, and college football has always had these issues. But, with 24 hour sports networks and the popularity of college football you'd think the NCAA and conferences would want as little controversy as possible.

Instead of discussing games, we discuss officiating errors. So, how does it get fixed? Or feel free to tell me an idiot.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey TB, is your avatar in regards to when the team playing LSU will score?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. They're just enforcing the new rule that says to guarantee a win you must be ahead by more than one TD in the final minute.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a problem, but it isn't any worse now than it's always been. In fact it's better now with replay. Anyone remember what it was like without replay????

I think you hit it when you said that it's a 24/7 world now, and everyone wants to bitch about something.

It's just going to be part of the game like it's always been.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a problem, but it isn't any worse now than it's always been. In fact it's better now with replay. Anyone remember what it was like without replay????

I think you hit it when you said that it's a 24/7 world now, and everyone wants to bitch about something.

It's just going to be part of the game like it's always been.

I think I'd rather not have replay if it's not going to be done right. College footballs replay system is a joke. Also, I think referees shouldn't blow a play dead unless they're 100% sure he his down / out of bounds etc. It's something that could easily be instructed and the replay system would, theoretically, be able to decide whether someone was down, fumbled, caught a pass, etc. Don't blow the play dead because you think someone might have been down, or because you think he stepped out of bounds, or because you think the ball was incomplete etc and discuss it with the other officials after the play, decide on a "ruling on the field" and let the replay booth fix your mistake.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calls like this have happened since day 1 ... they've just happened in the games EVERYONE is watching this year.

Although I will say ... the ending of the Wisky/ASU game was something I can't remember ever seeing. Watching those refs just sit there ... then look at each other and bolt out of the stadium. LOL! Talk about admission of guilt through body language.