• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Karpernick caught wearing Dolphins hat. Big deal??

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this is even an issue. He has never done anything to show he isn't loyal to his team, works hard and is one of the best young quarterbacks in the game. Sounds to me like some people just need a reason to doubt him as a person, since they can't argue with his performance on the field.

Pretty much this

In past years, team colors used to only represent the teams and their franchises. Nowadays, it part of the fashion culture.

It's the offseason and unless he was at a NFL sporting or promotional event, BF'inD

it's funny how some of you are commenting that he handled his reaction poorly..yet you are reacting to his reaction, pretty much in the same way..and the issue isn't even about you

lol smh

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this

In past years, team colors used to only represent the teams and their franchises. Nowadays, it part of the fashion culture.

It's the offseason and unless he was at a NFL sporting or promotional event, BF'inD

it's funny how some of you are commenting that he handled his reaction poorly..yet you are reacting to his reaction, pretty much in the same way..and the issue isn't even about you

lol smh

What exactly was going on with fashion in this particular situation? Regardless, I'm almost certain the Dolphins aren't the only ones allowed to put aqua and orange on their hats.

My only stance is from a marketing and front office stand point. And the response was a little like someone that wants to match a hat with their underwear. I hope after ownership and his agent tell him why it probably isn't the best thing to do, I really hope he comes out and says screw any of my fans and screw the front office, I'm doing what I want.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly was going on with fashion in this particular situation? Regardless, I'm almost certain the Dolphins aren't the only ones allowed to put aqua and orange on their hats.

My only stance is from a marketing and front office stand point. And the response was a little like someone that wants to match a hat with their underwear. I hope after ownership and his agent tell him why it probably isn't the best thing to do, I really hope he comes out and says screw any of my fans and screw the front office, I'm doing what I want.

The 1990s script style hats are trendy these days. It's not really about matching his underwear per se but if it goes well the rest of his outfit.

I believe this was at a private party at a beach and not a NFL or 49er sponsored event.

I will say this, while I don't see any deeper meaning to wearing a Miami hat other than it looks nice, I might take issue with him sporting a Ravens or Seahawks hat..just wouldn't be a good look, imo. Plus the dolphins haven't beaten the niners in anything important in a long time..pretty harmless

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1990s script style hats are trendy these days. It's not really about matching his underwear per se but if it goes well the rest of his outfit.

I believe this was at a private party at a beach and not a NFL or 49er sponsored event.

I will say this, while I don't see any deeper meaning to wearing a Miami hat other than it looks nice, I might take issue with him sporting a Ravens or Seahawks hat..just wouldn't be a good look, imo. Plus the dolphins haven't beaten the niners in anything important in a long time..pretty harmless

You're obviously going to side with him on a different level than I would. Kind of like if you had an ugly baby you would call it beautiful, if my brother went to jail for something stupid you would say let him stay, while bailing out your own.

Is it the end of the world? no. But you would think after the pics were taken and it came out, he might of seen of how some would have a problem with it, including his own organization (right or wrong) and his response was kind of like screw everyone.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're obviously going to side with him on a different level than I would. Kind of like if you had an ugly baby you would call it beautiful, if my brother went to jail for something stupid you would say let him stay, while bailing out your own.

Is it the end of the world? no. But you would think after the pics were taken and it came out, he might of seen of how some would have a problem with it, including his own organization (right or wrong) and his response was kind of like screw everyone.

I respectfully disagree

It's not a niner thing, there are some on the niner board that think its a big deal too.

I see people everywhere, especially in the hip hop culture, where wearing another team's hat doesn't mean you're a fan of that team.

Given that it was just a social event, I don't see a problem and wonder why others are making such a big deal about it.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical dil joe, but, but, but Richard Sherman...!!!!

Kap is a QB and the great QBs dont act like this. EOS.

Act like What ? wear a hat to a party then show surprise when people have a problem with it ?

Wow are you serious ? or are you just an over reactor by nature ?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Act like What ? wear a hat to a party then show surprise when people have a problem with it ?

Wow are you serious ? or are you just an over reactor by nature ?

Troll on his own fans. Wear opposing team's gear. And matching his hat to his panties.

Show me another QB worth a shit to do those things.

And this is fun and all joe. But this is a new site, how about you not follow me around? You've posted on every one of my posts through the gen board including ones where we weren't even talking about the Hawks. Didn't stop you from taking a shot at the Hawks and Carroll.

These mods on this board are not like ESPN. If you troll you will be banned from boards, like you already have from the Seahawks board. Stop trolling this board joe. Every now and then you say something intelligent and it would be a shame for nobody to see it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I have seen won't get him in trouble. He's allowed to have an opinion.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this is even an issue. He has never done anything to show he isn't loyal to his team, works hard and is one of the best young quarterbacks in the game. Sounds to me like some people just need a reason to doubt him as a person, since they can't argue with his performance on the field.
If you work for Pepsi, will your boss care if you're wearing a Coke hat?

Wear a Ford hat if you work for GM?

Simple fact is you're getting paid by 49'ers so you should not be wearing / promoting another NFL team.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree

It's not a niner thing, there are some on the niner board that think its a big deal too.

I see people everywhere, especially in the hip hop culture, where wearing another team's hat doesn't mean you're a fan of that team.

Given that it was just a social event, I don't see a problem and wonder why others are making such a big deal about it.
Those people aren't being paid by an NFL franchise to play for them.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a hat. Am I missing something?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is going to come back (big-time) when they play the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree

Let me ask you one question. If you are the owner of an NFL team and your starting QB is wearing another NFL teams hat, then when your starting QB responds to the pics he says I don't care what anyone thinks I'm doing it anyways. Would you not have a problem with that? The NFL is one of the biggest businesses in America, so it's going to be ran as such by most owners. They want their starting QB to promote their team gear and market their product, they want their starting QB to respond a little different than forget ya'll I'm doing my own thing.

I hate the TMZ world of sports and entertainment in general. I want to see teams play on the field, know what's going on team wise, hear a couple of interviews and that's it. I don't care about pics on the beach, I don't care about all the crap media digs up to make a story about. Put a good team out on the field that I like watching play, and if that player has not broken the law, or messed up team chemistry, I don't care about it. But that's not the reality.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media? Or any 49ers fans, players, coaches, management and ownership who took exception to it?

I am not the biggest fan of it and if the 49ers organization has an issue it should be handled internally. Not in the media and making it into a huge deal.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the biggest fan of it and if the 49ers organization has an issue it should be handled internally. Not in the media and making it into a huge deal.

I imagine it has been, and it won't happen again.

It's really not a big deal, yet some are making it out to be. Which explains Kap's defiant response. He's a kid, and he's going to make mistakes. This is a pretty minor one as mistakes go.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those people aren't being paid by an NFL franchise to play for them.

True but he wasn't wearing it at an NFL sponsored event (to my knowledge)

It isn't even the current official Miami dolphins gear. It's a retro made SnapBack..

My employers do have a dress code but have little to say when working off hours. This is a totally misunderstanding of wearing a simple hat during "non office hours"

As CC says, maybe his judgement would be better served knowing how much attention the starting QB of the niners will get but the actual wearing of the hat is meaningless.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine it has been, and it won't happen again.

It's really not a big deal, yet some are making it out to be. Which explains Kap's defiant response. He's a kid, and he's going to make mistakes. This is a pretty minor one as mistakes go.

This is a good.

Honestly I have flip flopped a little on this. I still think the media needs to chill out and that it is not the biggest deal but...

Heard some ESPN radio and it was put very well by Herm Edwards. You wouldn't want your wife to have a picture of her ex in her wallet. It makes sense.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you one question. If you are the owner of an NFL team and your starting QB is wearing another NFL teams hat, then when your starting QB responds to the pics he says I don't care what anyone thinks I'm doing it anyways. Would you not have a problem with that? The NFL is one of the biggest businesses in America, so it's going to be ran as such by most owners. They want their starting QB to promote their team gear and market their product, they want their starting QB to respond a little different than forget ya'll I'm doing my own thing.

I hate the TMZ world of sports and entertainment in general. I want to see teams play on the field, know what's going on team wise, hear a couple of interviews and that's it. I don't care about pics on the beach, I don't care about all the crap media digs up to make a story about. Put a good team out on the field that I like watching play, and if that player has not broken the law, or messed up team chemistry, I don't care about it. But that's not the reality.

I believe there are policies in place that clearly state what the players can or cannot wear during team affiliated events, press conferences, etc. (the issue came up last year when Alex Smith wore an SF Giants hat to his press conferences)

The NFL makes a huge deal over dress code while wearing games, too. Frank Gore was fined $10k? for low socks during the NFC championship game last year, for example.

But wearing a retro 1990's dolphins hat for style during an offseason beach party is hardly offensive to me, especially when you realize that's what kids his age wear during casual social events.

This issue may just make Kaep realize that people are going to overreact to almost everything he does now and should make him aware of the fishbowl the starting QB lives in.