• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Karpernick caught wearing Dolphins hat. Big deal??

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colin-kaepernick-hat.jpg

Here's what he said about the criticism

I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think," Kaepernick said, via Instagram. "All you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored"

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But how he handled it was kind of dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not a big deal at all.

But it's funny that the dude matches his hat to his underwear.

And the way he responded left much to be desired. Just the fact that even responded at all really.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just fashion its not like its a division rival. Like when that guy on the Mets was sporting a Marlins hat.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson never wore a Boston Celtics hat. Don't tell me there's nothing wrong with it. And Kaepernick's response? Two middle fingers to anyone who says anything about it.

kaepernickhat_original.jpg

I've never wanted to punch my screen so bad in my life. He's uglier than a Muppet.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only acceptable hat to be worn by opposing players....

BKKYxQ3CIAAsvQU.jpg:large

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take a look at what Coach Harbaugh's attitude is toward wearing another team's logo:

Colin Kaepernick?s Dolphins hat recalls an old Jim Harbaugh spat | ProFootballTalk

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick thinks it’s no big deal that he likes to wear a Miami Dolphins hat. His coach may disagree.

When 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was a player, he made it very clear that he didn’t like seeing anyone wearing an opposing team’s colors.

In fact, in 2000, when Harbaugh played for the Chargers, he got angry at Jim Trotter, then a San Diego Union-Tribune reporter, for showing up at Chargers practice wearing a 49ers sweatshirt. Harbaugh said it was “pathetic” that Trotter would wear such a shirt, and he refused to answer any of Trotter’s questions.

“I don’t talk to anybody in a San Francisco 49ers shirt,” Harbaugh told Trotter. “How could you wear that out here? . . . Seriously, man. How could you wear that out here to a Chargers facility?”

Trotter responded that he’s not an employee of the Chargers, and Harbaugh said he wouldn’t talk to Trotter as long as he was wearing 49ers gear.

“I don’t answer any questions from anybody wearing the enemy’s jersey,” Harbaugh said.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Harbaugh was from an era of killing your opponent on the field. Not shaking their hand and joking minutes before the game or going to their town and wearing their hat.

I keep hearing "this is nothing. It's just fashion."

bovine-excrement-meter-animation.gif

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not a big deal at all.

But it's funny that the dude matches his hat to his underwear.

And the way he responded left much to be desired. Just the fact that even responded at all really.

He seems much more mature then many of the Seahawks , did you find Richard Shermans response to Skip Bayless mature ?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, bad form and bad taste to be wearing a hat from another football team. Beyond that, really don't think people should be jumping off bridges over this one. If that's the worst thing that happens to the 49ers, then they will have a great year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems much more mature then many of the Seahawks , did you find Richard Shermans response to Skip Bayless mature ?

No dil joe, but he's not a QB. And Sherman wont be wearing any other team's gear either. He recognizes who pays the bills.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hat did match his underwear...

to be honest I would not even be ok with him wearing a Dan Marino hat, because Dan doesn't have any rings!!!

Although I would be more ok with it than a Dolphins hat.

I like his response though, he owned it and gave the media a much needed and over due fuck you!!!

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dil joe, but he's not a QB. And Sherman wont be wearing any other team's gear either. He recognizes who pays the bills.

I would prefer my player wear the hat of his choice over getting Popped for doing PED's then not owning up to it and skating on a technicality........

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his response though, he owned it and gave the media a much needed and over due fuck you!!!

The media? Or any 49ers fans, players, coaches, management and ownership who took exception to it?

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this is even an issue. He has never done anything to show he isn't loyal to his team, works hard and is one of the best young quarterbacks in the game. Sounds to me like some people just need a reason to doubt him as a person, since they can't argue with his performance on the field.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer my player wear the hat of his choice over getting Popped for doing PED's then not owning up to it and skating on a technicality........

Typical dil joe, but, but, but Richard Sherman...!!!!

Kap is a QB and the great QBs dont act like this. EOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the 49ers so I could care less. But I'm sure there are still some players left in today's game and on his team that probably wasn't crazy about it. But the first thing I thought about was what the front office thinks about it? I have hard time believing the front office wouldn't be upset to see their starting QB wearing another teams hat, fear of what their fans think, and paying a guy to promote another teams gear.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the 49ers so I could care less. But I'm sure there are still some players left in today's game and on his team that probably wasn't crazy about it. But the first thing I thought about was what the front office thinks about it? I have hard time believing the front office wouldn't be upset to see their starting QB wearing another teams hat, fear of what their fans think, and paying a guy to promote another teams gear.

I agree. Who gives a damn what the media thinks but....

if the 49ers organization itself takes issue with it then he damn well better remove that hat immediately.