• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Ross

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ssoy Doc just got released by the DBacks. I think it may be worth signing him to a minor league contract to add some depth to the OF options. If Maxwell flops, or Ross surges, he may be a decent option off the bench.

Always nice to welcome a hero back home, anyway...

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ssoy Doc just got released by the DBacks. I think it may be worth signing him to a minor league contract to add some depth to the OF options. If Maxwell flops, or Ross surges, he may be a decent option off the bench.

Always nice to welcome a hero back home, anyway...

I would rather have Nate Schierholtz back to cover center and right but Ross would be cool too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cody would be more receptive to coming back, and more receptive to accepting a AAA assignment...

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cody would be more receptive to coming back, and more receptive to accepting a AAA assignment...

Yeah you're right but Nate might come back. I think he might want to come back home. He must of seen Ishikawa become a hero last year. He might just come back if everything was right.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can be a good bat off the bench versus LHP for a veteran team. He just had no place on a young rebuilding team. But I doubt he would go play in the minors. He is getting paid to sit at home if he wants, why waste time in the minor for chicken scratch?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldnt want both, but maybe one (I am not even sure of that, tbh)...

Of the two, ignore their interest, which would we prefer?

Ross has the heroics history, but is pretty much limited to being a PH against lefties (which he is still quite good at). His defense leaves a bit to be desired...

Nate offers solid RF defense, but I am not sure he can handle center (not necessary with Blanco on the roster). His bat has completely disappeared, but was more than decent in '13 vs righties.

Neither are young.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can be a good bat off the bench versus LHP for a veteran team. He just had no place on a young rebuilding team. But I doubt he would go play in the minors. He is getting paid to sit at home if he wants, why waste time in the minor for chicken scratch?
If he is planning on retiring, than you are right.

If he wants to get a '16 contract, he will try to catch on with someone. Maybe he will not accept a AAA assignment with ANYONE for the reasons you outlined, though...