• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching seems a lot more important because of the bubble imo

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without yelling fans and distractions from travel, role players playing worse on the road it is often coming down to the best coached team

The really well coached teams are Bos, Mia and Den imo

LA Lakers is clearly the most talented team...

It will be interesting to see what style wins in the bubble....

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and doc rivers continues to be the most overrated coach in sports

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously OP has had his account hacked. He's never said something that's made sense before.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most overrated coach in sports? Have you ever heard of Jim Harbaugh?
everywhere jim went they got better until michigan. doc’s teams never get better

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everywhere jim went they got better until michigan. doc’s teams never get better
That's not even right because Michigan has gotten better with him, you just don't remember how bad things had gotten under Hoke and Rodriguez before he got there. And the unfortunate fact that Ohio State has been very good.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even right because Michigan has gotten better with him, you just don't remember how bad things had gotten under Hoke and Rodriguez before he got there. And the unfortunate fact that Ohio State has been very good.

If they continue to lose to Ohio State, it will be a significant blemish on his career. Meyer was understandable given that he continued the level of elite after taking over for Tressel. But Ryan Day was a rookie HC last year and blasted Michigan. In football, the identity of a team during a HC change takes effect in about year 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is every team has a ceiling and then he just regresses, he never wins the big game. The fact is, Jimmy was hired to beat Ohio St. He hasn’t made one CFP. I dont think they hired him to average 4 losses per season. That’s the big thing about Michigan fans where they like to stick up for Harbaugh, they compare him to previous coaches. They pay him like an elite coach, they brought him in to be an elite coach with elite recruiting...4 losses per year is severely underachieving. He is one of the most overrated coaches in college football and I thought that before he was hired at Michigan.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is every team has a ceiling and then he just regresses, he never wins the big game. The fact is, Jimmy was hired to beat Ohio St. He hasn’t made one CFP. I dont think they hired him to average 4 losses per season. That’s the big thing about Michigan fans where they like to stick up for Harbaugh, they compare him to previous coaches. They pay him like an elite coach, they brought him in to be an elite coach with elite recruiting...4 losses per year is severely underachieving. He is one of the most overrated coaches in college football and I thought that before he was hired at Michigan.
All true, and he always chokes down the stretch. I was just pointing out that he has improved the team, not that he isn't over rated, or I think that he has been a great coach at Michigan. Unfortunately, with how weird this year is going to be he will get another pass. But if he doesn't win big in '21 he's done.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was just more the COVID bubble causing some upsets because of the lack of games together and much less time to gel. Like 1999 asterisk titles.

If it was a full season without interruptions, no doubt the results would have been different in quite a few series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was just more the COVID bubble causing some upsets because of the lack of games together and much less time to gel. Like 1999 asterisk titles.

If it was a full season without interruptions, no doubt the results would have been different in quite a few series.

Maybe, maybe not.

You just strive to discredit LeBron any chance you get. It is a tired act.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The stoppage in play is more likely to be the underlying issue than the actual bubble itself. It depends on how players handled that time off.

For example, the Lakers (one of the teams many thought would be hurt by the bubble) had all of their players working out and there were even rumors that Lebron organized some team workouts during the shutdown.

There were also teams (I believe the Heat were one of them) where the team or a player on the team, made sure everyone had a hoop at home so they could work out (kind of hard to believe an NBA wouldn't have a hoop at home, but I guess some live in condos).

Meanwhile, one of the things we heard out of the Clippers and I believe the Bucks, was that players were tired.

So, end of the day, I don't think the bubble has had much of an effect on outcomes, but it's how teams/players handled the down time that has had the biggest effect.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, i agree.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s helping some teams and hurting some teams. One team it looks to be helping is a young team like Denver, they seemed to be working hard in the offseason as well as the no crowd can be a big plus for a young team...no pressure at times with no crowd.

Players that didnt work as hard in the offseason...lose stamina and could underperform bc of it.

Players that got in great shape and worked like Melo and Jimmy Butler, lost some weight trimmed up..it’s benefitting them.

Then you have a team like the Clippers who got all that rest like any other team but decided to sit out players at times when the restart happened when they didnt have full chemistry.

So it’s a lot about the decisions you make, hard work pays off. The no crowd can help or hurt players, they are different. Being away from families can affect everyone but equally. Overall, no excuses, no asterisks...nobody should have the excuse of “we’re tried” when you had 5 months. Now playing 19 games in 40 days can be rough in the playoffs, it is expected for anyone to wear down a bit in that time

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you have a team like the Clippers who got all that rest like any other team but decided to sit out players at times when the restart happened when they didnt have full chemistry.

I wonder if Lou's strip club chicken wings side trip was a bigger deal than they let on as well. I can't imagine that putting their season at risk like that was very well received, no matter how good the wings were.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t shake the feeling that they’re playing for a rec league championship. Still entertaining nonetheless, I will give them that

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without yelling fans and distractions from travel, role players playing worse on the road it is often coming down to the best coached team

The really well coached teams are Bos, Mia and Den imo

LA Lakers is clearly the most talented team...

It will be interesting to see what style wins in the bubble....
Except you said they wouldn't even make the playoffs...like elephant turd