• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Carousel

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some action....

Tampa hires Arians. Probably a last ditch effort to save Winston's career. Looks like he's going to have a veteran staff with Todd Bowles as his d-coordinator. Tampa will be a trendy pick to have significant improvement next season.

Green Bay hires Matt LaFleur. This is definitely a hire inspired by the success of McVay and Nagy. I'm fairly sure LaFleur never called plays for the Rams and he did call plays for the Titans, but there's only so much one can do with Blaine Gabbert. I don't know... I feel like this is sorta a meh type of hire. I also wonder if Green Bay is really a good franchise. I think they are admired.... But how hard is it to win when you've had two HOF quarterbacks since 1992.... And shouldn't they be better than they are?

Denver is apparently hiring either Mike Munchak or Vic Fangio. At a time when the young offensive mind talent is probably starting to become depleted, Denver is taking a different approach. Fangio would have a ton to work with on the D in denver... But he'd need a good coordinator to get something out of that offense.

Cincinnati -- Who knows.... Top candidate could be playing this weekend. The longer this goes on, the more it becomes obvious that the top candidate is on the staff of one of the playoff teams. Good news for everyone that doesn't want Jackson or Joseph.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I await the announcement with bated breath.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea...

Mr Brown: "Alright guys, if there's any doubt who's in charge of this mother fucker I wanted you assholes to see this.
Heads it's Hue, Tails it's Vance."

flips coin, everyone looks at the coin and congratulates the new coach.

Mr Brown: "I'm 83 years old, now get the fuck out of my office I have to poop."

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are hiring Vic Fangio - That defense is going to be excellent next season. Not sure about the rest of the team.

The Browns are hiring Freddie Kitchens. Interesting move. Definitely signals that Baker Mayfield's continued development is their top priority.... But at the same time, it's sort of interesting that the so-called "top-opening" went to a guy that probably wasn't thought of as HC material until about month or so ago.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if it were Hue or Vance, it probably would have gone down by now.

I think it is either the OC from STL or Bieniemy, personally. We'll see.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was personally hoping for Vic Fangio with a good quality staff supporting him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if it were Hue or Vance, it probably would have gone down by now.

I think it is either the OC from STL or Bieniemy, personally. We'll see.

I agree.... It seems like it is one of the two Rams coaches or Bienemy. It still could be Monken and his people might be trying to figure out if he's going to get the Jets offer. I think the internal candidates are off the board unless something breaks down in negotiations with their top candidate.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on Bieniemy at this point. Former Bengals RB. Checks that box for MB.

I wouldn’t mind Bieniemy with either Taylor or Monken as an OC.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on Bieniemy at this point. Former Bengals RB. Checks that box for MB.

I wouldn’t mind Bieniemy with either Taylor or Monken as an OC.

I figure Bieniemy would probably hire an unknown OC..... Someone that will run the offense he wants to run. As for D, I wonder if they would try to get Vance Joseph. I'm not very high on him as a coordinator, but he would certainly help in that he can run the unit and has head coaching experience which could help Bieniemy.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm seeing are Bienemy or Monken now. Good. Good.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bienemy was a running back here right? That would make since, he's already been bengalized once, so it's just a rebengalization for him. shouldn't take long for him to lose contact with his soul.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monken HC

Greg Williams dc

OC ?

Thought the same thing for DC...would be a very interesting hire. Has a great track record, and knows the division already.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are emerging that the Bengals are letting go of assistants. This would indicate the the hire is coming from outside the organization and that the new coach is being given control of his staff. This directly counters all the media reports that base their predictions about the Bengals on their hiring practices in the 90s.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all but certain it is Eric Bieniemy. Now we just need Andy Ried to pull his normal playoff choke job and we'll be able to get to business.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am rooting for a any one of the 4 best teams to make the SB and I will watch.

Either KC or LA in the AFC and LA or NO in the NFC. Any of those teams of combination of is fine with me.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our key guys stop getting hurt every year too, we can FINALLY do something. I'm liking this. I think we all are.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Bieniemy is going to call the offense, not sure how this move is going to really benefit us. He may get a yes man for OC, but on that point, this yes man has to be smart enough to know what Eric would have been calling. The HC becomes a game manager and the supervisor of personnel. Outside that, you still need one hell of a OC and DC. I am good with a CEO type being the HC over a very good coordinator. If it is him, I just hope he is that type of HC and he picks the right guys to call his plays for him.