• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Talk

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he Dallas Morning News reports Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy has been officially told he will retain his job for 2022.​

Owner Jerry Jones was having trouble saying out loud he was keeping McCarthy, but this appeared to be the likely endgame all along. Retaining DC Dan Quinn surely didn't hurt. In a mild upset, it appears McCarthy may even keep OC Kellen Moore, though the matter is far from settled as Moore remains in the mix for a few head-coaching vacancies. As was once again evidenced in the Wild Card Round, McCarthy seems like a poor bet to lead your talented team to the promised land.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he Dallas Morning News reports Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy has been officially told he will retain his job for 2022.​

Owner Jerry Jones was having trouble saying out loud he was keeping McCarthy, but this appeared to be the likely endgame all along. Retaining DC Dan Quinn surely didn't hurt. In a mild upset, it appears McCarthy may even keep OC Kellen Moore, though the matter is far from settled as Moore remains in the mix for a few head-coaching vacancies. As was once again evidenced in the Wild Card Round, McCarthy seems like a poor bet to lead your talented team to the promised land.
I am wondering if they are just sticking with him for a year to see if they can lure Payton out of his break next offseason. Because yeah I dont see McCarthy taking any team to the next level

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy taking any team to the next level
Odds are with you but it should be noted he's already accomplished that goal. That should count for something.

I assume the next level is winning a championship. Shit load of confirmed great coaches have only won one championship and they had some great QB's as well. Matter of fact, MOST coaches who win one, two, three championships had pretty darn near great QB's...certainly for that championship season.

No right or wrong to this, a coach who wins a championship with two different teams has his place in history

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are with you but it should be noted he's already accomplished that goal. That should count for something.

I assume the next level is winning a championship. Shit load of confirmed great coaches have only won one championship and they had some great QB's as well. Matter of fact, MOST coaches who win one, two, three championships had pretty darn near great QB's...certainly for that championship season.

No right or wrong to this, a coach who wins a championship with two different teams has his place in history
this is one of those things that sets Joe Gibbs apart from other winning coaches.

3 different QBs & none of them were great.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Ian found out (@ 50 seconds):