• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the team is taking a risk for up'g Clowney's offer... IMO, if I was Clowney, I would respect that... The risk is the fact that the Hawks can't get a physical for Clowney due to Covid... With the injuries he had last season, you don't know if he's fully healthy... Hawks are sticking their neck out for him with the offer... There is a reason teams are knocking down his door to sign him for the salary he's expecting...
Maybe a minor point, but I'm pretty sure Clowney could get a physical. It would just be from a 3rd party and not with any of the NFL team medical staff. But that is definitely a factor as to why other teams may not be as inclined to pursue him. They could get a 3rd party physical, but it's still not as good as the first hand knowledge from their own organization, which the Hawks already have.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the team is taking a risk for up'g Clowney's offer... IMO, if I was Clowney, I would respect that... The risk is the fact that the Hawks can't get a physical for Clowney due to Covid... With the injuries he had last season, you don't know if he's fully healthy... Hawks are sticking their neck out for him with the offer... There is a reason teams are knocking down his door to sign him for the salary he's expecting...

Seems like the Hawks upped the offer to 16.5 and will probably max out at that number. Also seems Tennessee isn't a sure lock as reported from yesterday.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-4-29_7-55-50.png

Interesting... That was Clowney's number... Could mean that Clowney's gone...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 240345

Interesting... That was Clowney's number... Could mean that Clowney's gone...

Yah it means Clowney is gone. Clowney paid Reed to have that # in the first place, so if Seattle gave it back to Reed Clowney is pursuing elsewhere.

I think Seattle was willing to give Clowney a 3 year $45-48M kind of deal, and he clearly wants a 5 year $100M deal. He said he'd lower his price to $18M per in some article, whatever that means...

We've spent quite a bit of draft capital on the defense in the last few years. If we still can't improve from the 26th overall (I think) then maybe we need to look at our defensive coordinators? I'm not that high on Norton... (wasn't high when we named him to begin with).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing Reed going back to 90 for sure means is that he may be in line for another payday if Clowney ultimately gets re-signed and wants to buy it like he did a year ago.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Schneider said this morning not to look too far into this number thing with Reed, and that he doesn't remember approving the number change for Reed back to 90.

Nothing to see here people.........yet.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to be honest i am not looking into the whole number thing yet, as Clowney is not a Seahawk meaning yes Reed could have his number.... that is until Clowney comes back if he DOES come back.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas odds.
I'm surprised the Colts are so high. Clowney, Buckner and Houston along with another player would be a pretty strong line.

Jadeveon Clowney Team in Week 1 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season

Seattle Seahawks 3/2

Indianapolis Colts 2/1

Tennessee Titans 4/1

New York Giants 5/1

Philadelphia Eagles 6/1

Miami Dolphins 9/1

Baltimore Ravens 14/1

Giants given 5-1 odds to sign Jadeveon Clowney

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Hawks saying they are moving on from Clowney don't you think it's time for them to get Griffin signed? I feel this is a must do now. We do not want to trade for Yannick Ngakoue because we KNOW that will cost way to much then his contract .. yeah. So a step price for someone that might only be another 1 year rental like Clowney ended up being.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Hawks saying they are moving on from Clowney don't you think it's time for them to get Griffin signed? I feel this is a must do now. We do not want to trade for Yannick Ngakoue because we KNOW that will cost way to much then his contract .. yeah. So a step price for someone that might only be another 1 year rental like Clowney ended up being.

Yeah I wouldn't feel good about Yannick unless we had a multi year deal in place for him and I am not even sure he is worth the money he could be asking for which is probably 20+ million. I think clowney was worth the 1 year rental having only give up a 3rd round pick and 2 back up linebackers.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldn't feel good about Yannick unless we had a multi year deal in place for him and I am not even sure he is worth the money he could be asking for which is probably 20+ million. I think clowney was worth the 1 year rental having only give up a 3rd round pick and 2 back up linebackers.

yeah but he still became a 1 year rental, this is what i was talking about. You can not build a good team with 1 year rentals, and i believe Ngakoue would be just that another 1 year rental. Call it what you want but i call it foolish and bad business.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed the news story where the Seahawks said they're moving on from Clowney. Not that someone thinks they are but that they actually said it....because I don't think they have.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed the news story where the Seahawks said they're moving on from Clowney. Not that someone thinks they are but that they actually said it....because I don't think they have.

They haven't said that. But Schneider certainly sounds resigned to the fact that Clowney isn't coming back. Which doesn't mean he won't. But Schneider refers to Clowney in the past tense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't said that. But Schneider certainly sounds resigned to the fact that Clowney isn't coming back. Which doesn't mean he won't. But Schneider refers to Clowney in the past tense.
And I wouldn't disagree with and am aware that there are members of the sports media who don't expect Clowney back now, but that is an entirely different statement than "the Seahawks have said they are moving on from Clowney." They just haven't said that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wouldn't disagree with and am aware that there are members of the sports media who don't expect Clowney back now, but that is an entirely different statement than "the Seahawks have said they are moving on from Clowney." They just haven't said that.

Agreed. I'm holding out hope that Schneider is just playing games. But it's a very real possibility that they have moved on.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm holding out hope that Schneider is just playing games. But it's a very real possibility that they have moved on.
It's definitely possible they have resigned to the notion that it isn't happening. But they have said repeatedly over the years that they always have an open door to any deal and never close it on a player.

Short of a team agreeing to his asking price, I just think Clowney is holding his position until things are open enough that he can get team physicals. It may be a mistake to do that, but team facilities could be opening up here pretty soon so at this point he might as well.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how compensation picks work as it would apply to Clowney's situation? I assume Clowney did not factor into our compensation picks for this years draft but would for next year?

My understanding (which I am pretty sure is not accurate) is that your compensation picks in any given year are based on a net calculation of what FA class you bring in compared to what FA class you lose for that year. It seems like a complicated system.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how compensation picks work as it would apply to Clowney's situation? I assume Clowney did not factor into our compensation picks for this years draft but would for next year?

My understanding (which I am pretty sure is not accurate) is that your compensation picks in any given year are based on a net calculation of what FA class you bring in compared to what FA class you lose for that year. It seems like a complicated system.

No compensation pick for Clowney, he probably cave in and sign a one year prove it deal

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They gave his # back to Reed. Given Clowney paid Reed for it when he got to Seattle and said, "It wasn't cheap." he's gone...

The one thing that we'll miss with Clowney is his run defense. We were still bottom 10 without it this year and didn't really shore up the DL with run defenders (just Mayowa and Irvin who are not run defenders). I think that was a BIG reason they pulled the trigger on Brooks.