• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Closing the gap

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you are probably aware, against our current division rivals, the Broncos only have a winning record against the Chargers. Both the Raiders and Chiefs have beaten us more than we've beaten them.

But at least against the Chiefs, that gap is shrinking and could be flipped in a couple of seasons. Currently we are 52-56 all time against the Chiefs after our season sweep. Our deficit is mostly due to the 60s, when we were flat out awful. The Chiefs won the first 8 match ups against us and finished the decade a dominating 19-1 head to head against us.

Since that decade, we have gone 51-37 against them, and have finished each decade with a winning record over them (12-8 in the 70s, 11-8 in the 80s, 11-10 in the 90s, 11-9 in the 2000s, and 6-2 so far this decade).

Additionally, the Chiefs played 3 seasons in Dallas as the Texans, during which they were 6-0 against the Broncos. So that means that since they moved to Kansas City, the Broncos hold the head to head edge at 52-50.

Now I know this doesn't really mean a lot, but I think there are some bragging rights about head to head records between division rivals. So while there may not be a trophy or anything, it would be nice to get over the hump and get a winning record all time against the Chiefs. And really, that's the only thing the Chiefs fans have to brag about over us (since we've won more Super Bowls, been to more Super Bowls, had more winning seasons, better all time winning percentage, been to the playoffs more, and won the division more), it would be really sweet to be able to take that away from them, too!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat. I honestly would've thought we owned the H2H matchup over the years. Seems to me like we dominated them in the 80's and 90's, but I guess that really isn't so.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think until recently the Broncos had never won in December at Arrowhead. So since every other year the game is in Arrowhead in December they at least had those then any others on top of that have just been gravy for them. Thankfully we have only lost at Arrowhead once in the last 5 years to help close some of the gap. I have a feeling though that the old 90's rivalry of splitting most seasons is getting ready to come back between these two.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat. I honestly would've thought we owned the H2H matchup over the years. Seems to me like we dominated them in the 80's and 90's, but I guess that really isn't so.

Broncos own the bettewr record in NFL history, but this also counts AFL history and the 3 years they were the Dallas Texans from 1960-1962.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, no offense intended, I don`t really care about who beat up who more. I want the.....who won more SBs. Or..what have you done lately catagorie award:)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, no offense intended, I don`t really care about who beat up who more. I want the.....who won more SBs. Or..what have you done lately catagorie award:)

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have those things and I wouldn't trade the Broncos history for the Chiefs history.

That said, it would be nice to have the head to head record, too. Basically I want it all.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have those things and I wouldn't trade the Broncos history for the Chiefs history.

That said, it would be nice to have the head to head record, too. Basically I want it all.

:thumb::rockon: