• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers may boycott

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should all encourage Chris Paul and Doc Rivers to boycott the games this year. I am all for it and will support them by not watching the Clipper play

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers should just be made into a D-League team IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should all encourage Chris Paul and Doc Rivers to boycott the games this year. I am all for it and will support them by not watching the Clipper play

Heck, I'm way ahead then. I already don't watch the Clippers play.:suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers should just be made into a D-League team IMO.

This reminded me of something. Few months back The Heat play by play announcer(Don't care what his name is.) was being interviewed about Sterling. Went on and about how awful of a person DS is. How much of a garbage franchise he's ruled over. (No arguement here.)Then he got specific about DS' "racist", "uncalled for", "no place in our society" comments. About thirty seconds later he referred to The Clip Joint as "the red headed stepchild" of the NBA. Which I agreed with, they're one of the worst professional sports franchises in history. But ohhhhh the irony. (Like not taking 400% of what your franchise is valued at when you only care about money.)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminded me of something. Few months back The Heat play by play announcer(Don't care what his name is.) was being interviewed about Sterling. Went on and about how awful of a person DS is. How much of a garbage franchise he's ruled over. (No arguement here.)Then he got specific about DS' "racist", "uncalled for", "no place in our society" comments. About thirty seconds later he referred to The Clip Joint as "the red headed stepchild" of the NBA. Which I agreed with, they're one of the worst professional sports franchises in history. But ohhhhh the irony. (Like not taking 400% of what your franchise is valued at when you only care about money.)

The finance in the papers stated that the team was 12 times over value or worth 1/12th less then the price. 2.1 Billion divided by 12 make the team worth 175,000 - That is how outrageous the sales price is

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much exactly what Mark Cuban was alluding to when he pointed out that voting him out, may not be the best course of action. Once that precedent is set, it can be used against any of them.

I doubt that there are many people anywhere who can't think of a conversation or 2 that would paint them in a very bad light if it were made public.

Pretty sure Donald Sterling knows where most of the "bodies are buried" too.

That sounds like Cuban who has always been afraid he'll lose his cash cow, the Mavs.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need for 2 NBA teams playing the same city & same arena IMO. Especially when one team is one of the most successful franchises in sports history and the other is, well, the Clippers.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this silly anti-Clipper stuff is funny. On paper, they are a top 5 team. They are finally going in the right direction. The Lakers? Not so much.

As for the boycott, could you work for a guy who's views were the opposite of yours? Probably. Especially if those views were shared quietly. How about if your boss' views were shared publicly over and over again on the internet and on Espn? That's the problem. If the views are repressed, you can probably live with it. Once they become public, it says something about you if you continue to work for the guy.

Rivers is doing what he can to try to speed up the process, and create more of a sense of urgency. Not a fan of Rivers (or the Clippers), but I get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this silly anti-Clipper stuff is funny. On paper, they are a top 5 team. They are finally going in the right direction. The Lakers? Not so much.

As for the boycott, could you work for a guy who's views were the opposite of yours? Probably. Especially if those views were shared quietly. How about if your boss' views were shared publicly over and over again on the internet and on Espn? That's the problem. If the views are repressed, you can probably live with it. Once they become public, is says something about you if you continue to work for the guy.

Rivers is doing what he can to try to speed up the process, and create more of a sense of urgency. Not a fan of Rivers (or the Clippers), but I get it.

Right direction would be to sell the team IMO.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for 2 NBA teams playing the same city & same arena IMO. Especially when one team is one of the most successful franchises in sports history and the other is, well, the Clippers.

Doobs, you haven't been to a Clippers game. They're far from the D-league on any level. They're one of the top teams in the league. :suds:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right direction would be to sell the team IMO.

So one of the smartest billionaires in the country is willing to pay $2B for them but they're really just a D-league team? You're losing me here, Doobs. :noidea:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobs, you haven't been to a Clippers game. They're far from the D-league on any level. They're one of the top teams in the league. :suds:

No I get that with CP3, Blake Griffin, & company they've become competitive, but that's always going to be short term success. We'll see how long this lasts. Lakers will win at least 5 more championships before the Clippers reach the Finals. Book it!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one of the smartest billionaires in the country is willing to pay $2B for them but they're really just a D-league team? You're losing me here, Doobs. :noidea:

He's really not that smart, he just had good friends during college.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I get that with CP3, Blake Griffin, & company they've become competitive, but that's always going to be short term success. We'll see how long this lasts. Lakers will win at least 5 more championships before the Clippers reach the Finals. Book it!

You givin' odds, Doobs? If so, I'm taking that bet all damn day.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really not that smart, he just had good friends during college.

He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard and succeeded Bill Gates as CEO of Microsoft for over 10 yrs. "Not that smart?" :scratch:

Doobs, roll a fatty, mix a stiff cocktail and leave this one to the basketball fans. :suds: