• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers may boycott

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Doobster (who doesn't really follow the NBA) know that Sterling was a racist all along but these coaches & NBA vets were just blind to the fact?

Maybe because Sterling wasn't paying the Doobster millions of dollars a year?:noidea:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Doobster (who doesn't really follow the NBA) know that Sterling was a racist all along but these coaches & NBA vets were just blind to the fact?

It's such a joke. Magic was happy to look the other way too if it meant him getting pussy at Sterling's amazing Beverly Hills parties. Then this all comes out and Magic says he's "hurt." Puhlease, Magic! :rolleyes2:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really is hypocrisy at it finest. Everyone knew who Sterling was before his private conversations were illegal leaked to the media. They have been cashing those checks for years & now it's an issue?

Good luck to NBA & it's players. I hope Sterling brings out all the dirty laundry.

"Hostile workplace environment" my ass. Good luck trying to prove that while boycotting.

I hope he calls their bluff til the very last second then walks away with both middle fingers up holding a check for $2,000,000,000! :yahoo:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's such a joke. Magic was happy to look the other way too if it meant him getting pussy at Sterling's amazing Beverly Hills parties. Then this all comes out and Magic says he's "hurt." Puhlease, Magic! :rolleyes2:

Bill Russell should weigh in and voice his outrage in how no one has mentioned his 11 championship rings. That's more than Magic, Doc, CP3, & Sterling combined.

"just sayin..."-Bill Russell

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Stacks of cash that high tend to block one's vision. Or so I'd think. Wouldn't mind Sterling paying me a few million a year so that I could find out for myself.

True if Sterling paid me millions I would excuse his racism as well.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now doc has to quit if Donald is owner. I guess he really thinks he can put the pressure on people lol.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope donald stays, Doc stays, Chris plays, and we all just accept the fact that there is racism in this world, always will be. And how probable it is that the NBA sold this team to Donald, probably as a plus, that he was racist. LOL.

IT_S_A_DIFFERENT_WORLD_THEME_SONG__.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True if Sterling paid me millions I would excuse his racism as well.

Actually, it's none of our damned business. Same with Doc. STFU and do your job, Doc (even if he is OVER-RATED as a coach).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's none of our damned business. Same with Doc. STFU and do your job, Doc (even if he is OVER-RATED as a coach).

I disagree, Sterling being a racist has created a hostile work environment in the past. There are legitimate gripes here. I just don't think they just came up. Sterling should've been removed from the NBA years/decades ago.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if anyone told donald doc was black before they traded for him?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if anyone told donald doc was black before they traded for him?

He probably hired Doc to show the world he's not a racist so he could be racist anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if he had duel personalities. A racist version & a version that overly compensates for being a racist.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Frankly, I'm appalled at this recent revelation that Donald Sterling is a racist. Who knew?" - Doc

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably hired Doc to show the world he's not a racist so he could be racist anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if he had duel personalities. A racist version & a version that overly compensates for being a racist.

Or the openly racist donald from age 1 to 50 lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Sterling being a racist has created a hostile work environment in the past. There are legitimate gripes here. I just don't think they just came up. Sterling should've been removed from the NBA years/decades ago.

I'm going to respectfully disagree here. Sterling has been in trouble at least twice since buying the Clippers for actual racial discrimination with regard to rental properties that he owns. The NBA did nothing in either case. They didn't fine him, they didn't suspend him, as far as I can remember, they didn't even issue a statement condemning what he did.

Now, a heated, private conversation that was never intended to be made public and in which there was no actual racial discrimination gets released and suddenly the NBA, it's coaches and players want him out?

Seems to me, that the NBA's issue with him isn't that he's a racist, it's that his racism is now more known to the public.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would have to fight for that right in court. The players union signed over their right to boycott or strike in the current CBA. If the players were to do it the Players Union could be liable for all lost revenue and even damages done to the league.

They can all retire but it would not free them from their contract. They would still be obligated to play for the Clippers if they ever came back to the NBA. I don't think the Player's Union will let them boycott. The players would likely rather play through this than shell money out of their own pockets for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure... there are a whole bunch of NBA owners who really, really want this to go away as quickly and silently as possible and not face the prospect of a court case requiring them to talk about "hiring practices".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure... there are a whole bunch of NBA owners who really, really want this to go away as quickly and silently as possible and not face the prospect of a court case requiring them to talk about "hiring practices".

That's pretty much exactly what Mark Cuban was alluding to when he pointed out that voting him out, may not be the best course of action. Once that precedent is set, it can be used against any of them.

I doubt that there are many people anywhere who can't think of a conversation or 2 that would paint them in a very bad light if it were made public.

Pretty sure Donald Sterling knows where most of the "bodies are buried" too.