• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clint Boling retiring

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line shuffling during the early minicamps is starting to make more sense now.... They originally moved Glenn to guard because Boling wasn't going to be available. Now that Glenn has to play tackle, the spot is open again. Maybe Westerman finally gets his shot.

A good career for Boling. Underrated player due to his versatility (and health until his last year).

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hits to our OL keep on coming.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's ok. There are plenty of free agents willing to play for the league minimum for the chance to "prove" themselves. gritty, young road-graders.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are losing our depth that is for sure.

However, the following oline "could" work.

LT Glenn
LG Westerman / Hopkins
C Price
RG Jerry / Jordan
RT Hart (you know Hart was always starting here).

Let's just hope our offensive line coach is a genius and gets the most out of Hart and he drastically improves this year with that new contract. He is the one we have to pray for to do something better.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LT Glenn
LG Westerman / Hopkins
C Price
RG Jerry / Jordan

Let's just hope our offensive line coach is a genius and gets the most out of Hart and he drastically improves this year with that new contract. He is the one we have to pray for to do something better.

Don't forget that they signed John Miller from Buffalo. He's better than any of the other guards you list. He'll be the RG.

That being said, this is still one of the worst 5 lines in the league. Unless Price becomes one of the best young centers in the league and Hart somehow becomes average, i just don't see how this line beat good defense.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LT Glenn
LG Westerman / Hopkins
C Price
RG Jerry / Jordan

Can you lose what you already didn't have?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that they signed John Miller from Buffalo. He's better than any of the other guards you list. He'll be the RG.

That being said, this is still one of the worst 5 lines in the league. Unless Price becomes one of the best young centers in the league and Hart somehow becomes average, i just don't see how this line beat good defense.

Miller is who I meant at RG. For some reason Jerry was sticking in my head. Jerry can be a bounce around at either LG or RG and Hopkins can play all 3 interior spots. Not excited about it, but I am okay with it. The big question is, can Hart become average? I doubt it. We will see.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you lose what you already didn't have?

Boling, Miller, Jerry, Westerman, Jordan, Hopkins...Redmond is suspended.

I was certainly okay with that depth, now Boling going down, the guy I counted on being our starter, that hurts a bit, but I guess that all depends on Westerman, Jerry, Jordan or Hopkins.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boling, Miller, Jerry, Westerman, Jordan, Hopkins...Redmond is suspended.

I was certainly okay with that depth, now Boling going down, the guy I counted on being our starter, that hurts a bit, but I guess that all depends on Westerman, Jerry, Jordan or Hopkins.

Really glad to see Westerman getting a shot. It's long overdue, IMO.

The fact that they kept running Redman out there was a mind-numbingly appropriate synopsis of the Marvin Lewis era. If at first something doesn't work. Keep doing it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't imagine a scenario where this unit is very good... I mean, I think they had a really good line coach last season. I think he got a lot out of a unit that wasn't very talented. I think the new line coach will be fine, but I certainly don't see him as an upgrade. I'm guessing Price will play much better, Miller is a pro, and one of the younger guys might surprise.... But that still leaves too many questions/issues. We'll see how good Zach is at designing an offense with a below average line.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't imagine a scenario where this unit is very good... I mean, I think they had a really good line coach last season. I think he got a lot out of a unit that wasn't very talented. I think the new line coach will be fine, but I certainly don't see him as an upgrade. I'm guessing Price will play much better, Miller is a pro, and one of the younger guys might surprise.... But that still leaves too many questions/issues. We'll see how good Zach is at designing an offense with a below average line.

Glenn is a former all pro and no bum out there at LG. Once again, it just comes down to Hart in my opinion if this line is going to fall or rise.