• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cliff Avril

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dismantling of a once-great Seahawks defense continued Friday.

The team announced that defensive end Cliff Avrilhad been released with a failed physical designation.

He suffered a neck injury early last year, and the team made it clear that if he came back to play, it wasn’t going to be with them.

Avril has said he wants to keep playing, though it’s unclear who will give him a chance with his age and the injury.

Avril joins Michael Bennett, Richard Sherman, and eventually Kam Chancellor on the outs this offseason.

He had 33.5 sacks over his four years with the Seahawks, and forced 13 fumbles.

Gonna miss this guy in our locker room and on the field. Could see him going back to Detroit to finish out his career.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... I really liked him as a player... Going to miss him and Chancellor (assuming he's out, too) but I won't be missing Sherman and Bennett by any means...

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... I really liked him as a player... Going to miss him and Chancellor (assuming he's out, too) but I won't be missing Sherman and Bennett by any means...

Chancellor is the reason why the secondary was called the "Legion of Boom." Gonna be sad to see him go too but I'll understand why we had to get rid of him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was planned.

That is why they drafted Griffen to be Avril replacement.

I sure hope Kam returns but well see.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was planned.

That is why they drafted Griffen to be Avril replacement.

I sure hope Kam returns but well see.
You talking about Shaquem Griffin? He's 6' and maybe 230. I am not sure the plans for him are focused on DE. He could absolutely be used as a situational pass rusher, but I don't think they'll line him up as a 5-tech to do that. Frank Clark is probably Avril's replacement, and newly drafted Rasheen Green is going to get a chance to be the next MB due to his versatility.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about Shaquem Griffin? He's 6' and maybe 230. I am not sure the plans for him are focused on DE. He could absolutely be used as a situational pass rusher, but I don't think they'll line him up as a 5-tech to do that. Frank Clark is probably Avril's replacement, and newly drafted Rasheen Green is going to get a chance to be the next MB due to his versatility.

The pass rusher lb role is what I was going for.

Dion Jordan might be a name we hear alot more as well

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the whole jilted girlfriend "I'm not going to miss THAT guy." angle.

I'll miss ALL the guys who helped bring us a Lombardi.

Without this:

EnXoXT

This doesn't happen.

KkcZfk

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dion Jordan is good as a situational pass rusher. We need depth at that position.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the whole jilted girlfriend "I'm not going to miss THAT guy." angle.

Without this:

EnXoXT

This doesn't happen.

KkcZfk
I agree, and there always becomes a time they must go.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news

Cliff can now leave the game still having the ability to walk properly. We love what you have done, but it is now time to move on and enjoy the rest of your life with your body somewhat in tact

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without this:

EnXoXT

This doesn't happen.

KkcZfk
I cannot see the pics, but.... I really appreciate what MB did to help us win a championship, and he was certainly a fantastic player here. He contributed to if not led a huge distraction and drag on the team last year though, and I am glad that element has been removed. Even PC referred to all the protest stuff as being a problem that pulled the team down, which means there was a lot there if the most player-friendly coach in the land is saying that. Yep, thanks for the great memories but definitely was the right time to part ways.

On Sherm, he's been my 2nd favorite Hawk of this era. He was brash and I wasn't always fan of everything he did (he went way overboard with the "I am better at life at you" rant, unprofessional blow-up on the sideline 2 years ago, and ridiculous denial of comments made to Jim Moore that were on video), but he was one of the key players who made this team into what it was for that 5 year stretch. He should go in the ROH and HOF. I am not glad he's gone, but I do understand from the business/cap side of things why the FO thought it was time -- age, injury, $$ just not in his favor at this point.

What is happening now is quite refreshing, IMO, and the "turn" that PC has been talking out this off-season may not be possible with certain members of the old guard around who may not be modeling the right behavior and buying into the message the way they once were. Pete has also been talking about importance of having a little more humility on the team, and that certainly wasn't the strong suit of either Bennett or Sherm.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are lots of guys now who I think can do various things and don't have clear roles just yet, and now some opportunity has opened up with departures of Avril, MB, and Sheldon Richardson. It's going to be really interesting to see how the coaches plug everyone in. Even that Marcus Smith due we signed from the Eagles last year could get a chance to be a bigger contributor, and absolutely Dion Jordan has to think he finally has a shot at becoming what we thought he would be out of college. Some of these guys will also have a chance to step up and take charge with some of the turnover that has happened. Looking forward to seeing it happen.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see the pics, but.... I really appreciate what MB did to help us win a championship, and he was certainly a fantastic player here. He contributed to if not led a huge distraction and drag on the team last year though, and I am glad that element has been removed. Even PC referred to all the protest stuff as being a problem that pulled the team down, which means there was a lot there if the most player-friendly coach in the land is saying that. Yep, thanks for the great memories but definitely was the right time to part ways.

On Sherm, he's been my 2nd favorite Hawk of this era. He was brash and I wasn't always fan of everything he did (he went way overboard with the "I am better at life at you" rant, unprofessional blow-up on the sideline 2 years ago, and ridiculous denial of comments made to Jim Moore that were on video), but he was one of the key players who made this team into what it was for that 5 year stretch. He should go in the ROH and HOF. I am not glad he's gone, but I do understand from the business/cap side of things why the FO thought it was time -- age, injury, $$ just not in his favor at this point.

What is happening now is quite refreshing, IMO, and the "turn" that PC has been talking out this off-season may not be possible with certain members of the old guard around who may not be modeling the right behavior and buying into the message the way they once were. Pete has also been talking about importance of having a little more humility on the team, and that certainly wasn't the strong suit of either Bennett or Sherm.

Yep, I'm excited to see young guys who are 1. hungry and 2. have an opportunity to actually start and make an impact.

Don't get me wrong, it WAS time for changes to be made. I said two full seasons ago that we'd see big names let go, simply because of money and wanting to balance out the O vs D spending.

I just don't get the whole malevolent tone I've read a lot of here lately.

*the pics I'm now doing something wrong with. The first I posted was Sherman tipping the Kaep pass in the NFCCG. The second was Russ lifting the Lombardi.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*the pics I'm now doing something wrong with. The first I posted was Sherman tipping the Kaep pass in the NFCCG. The second was Russ lifting the Lombardi.
The Tip could be the single best play in Seattle sports history. I probably have to give it the nod over The Double for the fact that, as you say, it set up a SB win.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm excited to see young guys who are 1. hungry and 2. have an opportunity to actually start and make an impact.

Don't get me wrong, it WAS time for changes to be made. I said two full seasons ago that we'd see big names let go, simply because of money and wanting to balance out the O vs D spending.

I just don't get the whole malevolent tone I've read a lot of here lately.

We need more guys like that in our locker room.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without this:

EnXoXT

This doesn't happen.

KkcZfk

??? He's over the hill... I won't miss Bennett... And Sherman... Never been fan of his character... What's not to understand? LOL... I won't miss them... Do I have to like every single Seahawk player that wears the jersey?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve appreciated what the various players have done for the Seahawks, but it’s time to move on. I was getting a bit weary of the drama some players brought to the Seahawks & fans and yes that includes Earl having a problem with Wagner. Onto the next wave that hopefully bring another championship to the Seahawks.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? He's over the hill... I won't miss Bennett... And Sherman... Never been fan of his character... What's not to understand? LOL... I won't miss them... Do I have to like every single Seahawk player that wears the jersey?

It wasn't just you. <shrug>

And I'm NOT and never said you have to like anybody. I'm just not getting all the jilted girlfriend middle school bs.

What's wrong with a little class?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Cliff on being a Super Bowl champion (and an integral part, at that) but I hope he steps back from the game on top and continues to be the cultural and social influence that he has been. Keep using your wealth and influence to help Haiti and don't put your long term health at risk.

You'll always be a part of a legendary team.