• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cleveland Cavs @ Golden State Warriors 8 PM EST/TNT

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does that have to do with LeBron being able to bait him into stupidity?

Nothing, and I'm not even sure he was baited into anything.

Draymond knew it was a flop, and if anything might have been quickly trying to point it out to the refs and the world so he didn't get the flagrant.

I think the flop was more stupid than the reaction, but that's just me.
MAYBE in a close game where you might need that 1 point, but under the circumstances it was pure douchery IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does that have to do with LeBron being able to bait him into stupidity?

How was he baited? He was making a basketball play. Attempted to go for the steal and missed. Lebron flopped and the refs fell for it and gave Green a flagrant 1. He wasn't baited into anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was he baited? He was making a basketball play. Attempted to go for the steal and missed. Lebron flopped and the refs fell for it and gave Green a flagrant 1. He wasn't baited into anything.
all right

but what the hell does that have to do with the plus minus of the game? lol....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all right

but what the hell does that have to do with the plus minus of the game? lol....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

maxresdefault.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a sound bite of James saying he doesn't view these things as rivalries because there is so much turnover in rosters.
He said he couldn't compare it to Lakers/Celtics, etc..

Is that not the most ironic thing he has ever said, since he was the one who started the trend of roster jumping?

You have a tenuous grasp on the definition of irony.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, that flop was fucking embarrassing. Reminded me why I'm not much of a Lebron/Basketball fan.

I was raised to believe that your integrity is not an acceptable cost for winning.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing, and I'm not even sure he was baited into anything.

Draymond knew it was a flop, and if anything might have been quickly trying to point it out to the refs and the world so he didn't get the flagrant.

I think the flop was more stupid than the reaction, but that's just me.
MAYBE in a close game where you might need that 1 point, but under the circumstances it was pure douchery IMO.
I like to use the term "trickery".

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, that flop was fucking embarrassing. Reminded me why I'm not much of a Lebron/Basketball fan.

I was raised to believe that your integrity is not an acceptable cost for winning.

I don't think it is as bad as Soccer but you're right. I wish guys got fined for flopping.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I really take away from this game is that I really liked the way the Warriors defended. They only gave up 48 points at halftime to a scoring machine in the Cavs. This is how the Warriors will find success. Their offense, even on bad nights will put up points. It's the defense that will be the deciding factor long term for this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If making a common foul is "baiting" then yes I agree
I could have swore he got a flagrant.

more so the better if it was a "common foul"- that means the refs have it in their heads to treat Draymond differently becuase of a pattern of past behavior.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have swore he got a flagrant.

more so the better if it was a "common foul"- that means the refs have it in their heads to treat Draymond differently becuase of a pattern of past behavior.

I hate that past behavior thing. Not just for Draymond, but in general of the league. Each call and each decision based on a player should be individual within the scope of the game. Where past behavior becomes a factor is by the league in handing down sanctions. Then that's fair game.

Put it this way, look at Lebron and Draymond's dunks recently in games. Draymond got called for a technical for hanging on the rim. Lebron does the same thing, but actually worse if you watch it, and nothing gets called except the next day the league says he should have been called for one.

The refs are human too, but they should do their best to consider each play and each player based on the how the game is dictated for that individual game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that past behavior thing. Not just for Draymond, but in general of the league. Each call and each decision based on a player should be individual within the scope of the game. Where past behavior becomes a factor is by the league in handing down sanctions. Then that's fair game.

Put it this way, look at Lebron and Draymond's dunks recently in games. Draymond got called for a technical for hanging on the rim. Lebron does the same thing, but actually worse if you watch it, and nothing gets called except the next day the league says he should have been called for one.

The refs are human too, but they should do their best to consider each play and each player based on the how the game is dictated for that individual game.

I think a guy tends to lose the benefit of the doubt when he habitually attacks other men's genitals...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have a tissue.

il_340x270.986216414_6qr5.jpg

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a guy tends to lose the benefit of the doubt when he habitually attacks other men's genitals...

Kind of reaching if you're comparing this to my example. If you're arguing about contact from the Lebron foul, that's fair.