• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemens on the mound

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd baseman, Kody.... Topped out at 50 mph.

1655427285624.png

It is nice to see #21...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool and all but the sad part is I knew exactly what this was going to be just by seeing the title. That's how common it is now to see position players coming in to pitch now. The novelty is wearing off for me. They are making a mockery of the game. There should be a rule that if you want to "save the bullpen" or whatever the manager should have to come out and pitch himself.
Also, get off my lawn.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or just condition more relievers to pitch multiple innings

And just maaaaybe let your starters go deeper?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or just condition more relievers to pitch multiple innings

And just maaaaybe let your starters go deeper?
Yeah I think it comes down to teams managing with more of a long term outlook than trying 100% to win each individual game. Pete Rose would hate it. (partly because he had money on his team on most nights lol)
But in that Tigers game they rolled with position players for 3 straight innings. How do you get to that point? It's embarrassing

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think it comes down to teams managing with more of a long term outlook than trying 100% to win each individual game. Pete Rose would hate it. (partly because he had money on his team on most nights lol)
But in that Tigers game they rolled with position players for 3 straight innings. How do you get to that point? It's embarrassing

i dont necessarily have a problem with it... when the game is out of hand, its fun to not take the game seriously... kind of like a mercy rule...

Let the players have fun... thats what a game is all about... and fans enjoy the game more when players are having fun...

Clemens on the mound though was more about his father than a position player pitching...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont necessarily have a problem with it... when the game is out of hand, its fun to not take the game seriously... kind of like a mercy rule...

Let the players have fun... thats what a game is all about... and fans enjoy the game more when players are having fun...

Clemens on the mound though was more about his father than a position player pitching...
Yeah Clemens pitching was cool but in general I don't like the way we seem to be seeing it much more regularly. Hopefully they are telling these position players to take it easy because eventually someone will be injured as a result of this. But I really just don't like the idea of quitting. Especially doing it down 11-0 in the 7th (although the way the Tigers offense has been this year 11 probably seemed like 100)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Clemens pitching was cool but in general I don't like the way we seem to be seeing it much more regularly. Hopefully they are telling these position players to take it easy because eventually someone will be injured as a result of this. But I really just don't like the idea of quitting. Especially doing it down 11-0 in the 7th (although the way the Tigers offense has been this year 11 probably seemed like 100)

its not quitting... if a team pitches their position players and he gives up enough runs for them to lose, they still lose... would be fun to see that happen once.... but i think it is refreshing to watch players have fun again... even if the gimmick is getting old...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not quitting... if a team pitches their position players and he gives up enough runs for them to lose, they still lose... would be fun to see that happen once.... but i think it is refreshing to watch players have fun again... even if the gimmick is getting old...
I was talking about when the team that is losing rolls out their position players. But it sounds like you're talking about a scenario where some team that is Up 15 runs uses a position player. I don't think that happens that often-but you're right I would love to see a team try that and then end up losing lol

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a more exciting form of forfeit.

Who can forget in 1992, when the Orioles brought in Manny Alexander to pitch in the 8th inning, with the Orioles down 17-7 to the Brewers. With the bases loaded, Alexander proceeded to walk three runs in, before giving up a grand slam. He gave up 9 runs in total, all with two out.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about when the team that is losing rolls out their position players. But it sounds like you're talking about a scenario where some team that is Up 15 runs uses a position player. I don't think that happens that often-but you're right I would love to see a team try that and then end up losing lol

ok... you are talking about a true give up... team is losing big, why not pitch position players??

i say to that the same idea, sure giving up is taboo... but it is also realistic... its ok to be realistic, especially in baseball where teams play almost everyday...

if you can make losing ugly into having fun, then thats a win IMO...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, i would be ok with a QUIT Button in all sports... and if they adapt this in baseball, it would be cool to let fans(especially children) get some on field experience....