• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

classy blog by jagr

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hope he stays.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agreed. i feel like at this point in his career, he would be willing to take a bit of a pay cut to stay here. what does he gain by bouncing around to yet another team at this age when he has already established himself as a trusted and respected veteran who is comfortable with his team and linemates. would love to see jags back. he still shows flashes of dominance, and even though he is not the player he once was, i see no reason why he can't still pop in 15-20 goals for another 2-3 years, if he plays that long. even more than that, his leadership and example is the best thing he brings.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has been nothing but a total professional since he's arrived here, BUT.....can you guys imagine the kind of numbers Roo and ******** would have put up with say Schenn on their line all season??

I love his leadership and attitude, but that can only carry a guy so far.

Just sayin..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has been nothing but a total professional since he's arrived here, BUT.....can you guys imagine the kind of numbers Roo and ******** would have put up with say Schenn on their line all season??

Just sayin..

Maybe a power play coaching job in his future with us???

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin..

Only problem with that is that Schenn was out most of the year. May be a good choice next year. The boy can play. Lets them move Couts up.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a power play coaching job in his future with us???

Over Berube? Okay. Works for me bro. :)

Only problem with that is that Schenn was out most of the year. May be a good choice next year. The boy can play. Lets them move Couts up.

I didn't mean Schenn per se, I should have said someone younger and quicker. I agree though.....Coots or Read would have been good choices. (Providing Coots can play wing)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Over Berube? Okay. Works for me bro. :)

I didn't mean Schenn per se, I should have said someone younger and quicker. I agree though.....Coots or Read would have been good choices. (Providing Coots can play wing)

i actually don't agree with you guys on this one, i don't think the line would have been nearly as successful without jagr. this guy is still a great playmaker and very smart without the puck, that is something the young guys have to learn.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it all depends on what they plan on doing on defense.. i assume they let carle go.. if they're planning on signing a 1-2 guy to replace him, the money wont be there.. if they decide to sign a 3-4 guy, jagr will have to take a paycut.. and if they decide to get a 5-6 guy, or promote one from within, they'll have plenty of money for jagr

i'm perfectly ok with a top 4 of coburn/grossman, timonen/mesz.. so i dont see why they can't resign jagr

fwiw, i assume jvr gets another shot at the top line next year to start off, with or without jagr (dont get mad las, just my opinion on the matter, we get it, you dont like him, and think we're all crazy for thinking he has potential/talent/does something useful, dont find him a hideous creature, dont think his contract is completely ridiculous, dont think he doesn't deserve all the hype gets, thinks he's shown enough to be a potential superstar, etc.) *that cover everything? :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is the one to wrap it up for the season.

We were simply too dispersed. We were like a palm; they were like a fist. They were sticking together; we were like a hand with outstretched fingers. We really were feeling desperate at that time.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me that its time for jj to pack it in or play on a team like columbus. I love the guy but you can't afford to have a guy on the roster who can't take a nick and come back strong after a week off. I wish him luck but let the young guys have their time hopefully they learned from him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me that its time for jj to pack it in or play on a team like columbus. I love the guy but you can't afford to have a guy on the roster who can't take a nick and come back strong after a week off. I wish him luck but let the young guys have their time hopefully they learned from him.

I would love if he just decided to retire and became a coach for us since he had so much fun here it would be great for our young guys.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Las coaching would be perfect for the guy. But being in a role where he only plays a minimal amount won't work for him. Sounds like he'd just cramp up on the bench! Hard to get used to at his age and talent level but I guess we will see.