• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Classic Games

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yesterday I watched the final game of the 1989 season vs the Cincinnati Bengals, win and we are in lose and we are out, same for the Bengals. If the Vikes lose then the Packers go to the playoffs.

The following week we went into San Francisco for the Divisional Round of the Playoffs and got destroyed 41 - 13

I was reminded of a couple things watching this game, just how good Chris Doleman was and how shitty our offense was, Herschel Walker wasn't being used correctly and Wade Wilson was just plain terrible, I wonder how good Anthony Carter could have been with a real quarterback. I was also reminded how much I liked Rick Fenney.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, tonight it was this one. This reminded me again just how great Chris Doleman was. Probably the best game Wade Wilson ever played.

I always liked Alan Rice, I never liked Alfred Anderson and Darin Nelson sucked, fuck you he did!

Carl Lee is the best corner we ever had!

AC > Jerry Rice

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching this one. I remember as a kid watching this game, had a bunch of family at my parents house, aunts, uncles, cousins. When Rashad caught the hail mary pass my dad jumped up in celebration and accidentally punched a hole in the ceiling.

A few things, first thing is holy shit kickers sucked back then, fucking Rick Danmeier was terrible. This was probably Tommy Kramer's best game as a pro. This game happened December 14th 1980, the next summer is when I would actually go to Ahmad Rashad's house and meet him, he was really cool gave me and my cousin all kind's of shirts, posters, signed everything. I have prolly posted that before but i'm drunk so whatevs!

This was our final win of the 1980 season, we lost the last game of the year at Houston and were crushed by the Eagles in the first round of the playoffs thanks to eight turnovers in the game.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched this one. This reminded me how upset I was in the failures of this team this season, this team was a good team but completely shit themselves in the playoffs against Washington a team I believe we were clearly better than. Sean Salisbury really sucked!

I don't remember why we traded Gannon but bringing in McMahon for the 1993 season was obviously a mistake.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching this one...

Yeah, the Vikings have never won a game that really mattered but, we have won a lot of good games. This one is a prime example.

Where would you put Joey Browner on your list of all time great Vikings?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching this one. The one thing that really stands out is how terrible both of these teams were. Steve Dils, there's name i'll be happy to never talk about again. I did like Teddy Brown though... The next few seasons were obviously going to be difficult ones...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching this one. Wow these teams sucked! Alan Page stood out but unfortunately for the Bears! Walter Payton is the best running back of all time and the fact he went for 100 in this one with such a shit team around him is amazing.

It crazy how different the game is played today.