• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cindy Crosby

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I'm glad the Flyers may not have to face him again for awhile.
Having said that, this is bad for the NHL. The guy is the face of the NHL and one hell of a player. Something tells me he may be done for good. He wont take the risks other player would. He has won a cup,gold medal and has made millions already.
I just hope I'm wrong and we see him out on the ice and healthy very soon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a guy i love hating.. hating the penguins without him just isnt the same.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His injury sucks for the Penguins, and the NHL on the whole. I didn't think the hit he took was even worth talking about, which is even scarier that they had to shut him down again.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks he went down... And I wish the best for the guy. The sport always takes a hit when it loses superstars like him. But I hate when he is labeled the "face of the NHL". The face of the NHL is the hockey helmet that everyone wears. The sport WOULD be fine without him. That said, he should really take the season off and just allow maximum healing time. Why risk it? That hit was nothing.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more JS. Though his talent level is miles higher than most, he isn't the face of the league. He's just another prominent name within a sport. A cog in the machine if you will.

Having said that....I still hate to see the little pussy sitting for such a weak/soft/cupcake/lillywhite/excuse me hit, but with his very serious condition.....man, the kid needs to just shut it down and regroup. He's young and extremely skilled -- he has plenty of time to come back and shatter all kinds of records yet.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a shame because if anyone in recent memory has had a chance at touching Gretzky's records, it was Sid. Now, they grow more impossible every day.

It's always exciting when it's a player I have watched throughout his career break records. Gretzky is slightly out of my time frame since I only got to watch him towards his final few years. Would have been nice too witness the next great one considering me and Sid are just 1 year apart.

Sad time for hockey, but I think he will recover.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couldn't agree more JS. Though his talent level is miles higher than most, he isn't the face of the league. He's just another prominent name within a sport. A cog in the machine if you will.

Having said that....I still hate to see the little pussy sitting for such a weak/soft/cupcake/lillywhite/excuse me hit, but with his very serious condition.....man, the kid needs to just shut it down and regroup. He's young and extremely skilled -- he has plenty of time to come back and shatter all kinds of records yet.

Lol at least Lindros took one of the more brutal hits in the games history.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i disagree with him being the face of the nhl. for the longest time i thought he was one of the things the league was doing wrong, in trying to focus on star players instead of teams. this isnt the nba, TEAMS have identity's that aren't based on one player but as a whole. that being said you never like to see a guy lose his livelihood. but i don't remember getting any sympathy from any other teams for lindros and primeau, so i offer none to pittsburgh, it is what it is.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for a new face and i am nominating Claude the Great for the cover

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a jinx. No Flyers!!!!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THERE IS NO FACE GOD DAMNIT!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, was that supposed to be an insult?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame because if anyone in recent memory has had a chance at touching Gretzky's records, it was Sid. Now, they grow more impossible every day.

It's always exciting when it's a player I have watched throughout his career break records. Gretzky is slightly out of my time frame since I only got to watch him towards his final few years. Would have been nice too witness the next great one considering me and Sid are just 1 year apart.

Sad time for hockey, but I think he will recover.

Damn, you're a young buck! Lol. Gretzky was so exciting to watch, even when he played against us. I saw him play several times, his days with the Oilers, Kings, and the Rags. I think it was in '85 when I went to a game at the Spectrum when the HOF team Oilers came in town and I was just in awh. They were loaded with Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Fuhr, Coffey. I was lucky enough to see Pelle Lindbergh during his final days. The game IMO was a much better game back then than today's game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you took away Gretsky's all time best 894 goals he still has more points than anyone in history so i could say that sid wouldnt come close to Gretsky's records without hesitation.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is out with concussion like symptoms. If they understood this now back when Lindros played he might have been around longer. I don't blame them for not letting him play but don't be upset with Giroux is out feeling concussion like symptoms because it will happen.

As for the whole "face of the league" garbage. That was all on the NHL I never liked it either making it about Crosby and Ovechkin when there are ton of other stars in the league that do great things every night.