• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cinco de Crapo

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that either Doval gets optioned or Wisler is released when Cueto is activated (unless some other injury pops up). Webb was going to be moved to the bullpen when Wood was activated. I assume that still is the plan.

Good plan. Wisler has inherited 9 runners, 5 have scored. Plus his own stellar 7.94 ERA with the runners he put on his own self. :L

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good plan. Wisler has inherited 9 runners, 5 have scored. Plus his own stellar 7.94 ERA with the runners he put on his own self. :L
We'll see how long FZ will tolerate pitchers he brings in. He's definitely not getting the Connor Joe treatment.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb made it easy for who gets moved from the rotation for Cueto. Now, what to do with the bullpen.
From Brisbee today:

There is not an enormous “MAKE BULLPEN BETTER” lever to pull. There are tweaks and adjustments. Some of them will work. Some of them will be even more frustrating than what you’re already watching.

As it gets closer to the trade deadline, perhaps the Giants will spend some of their resources on some bullpen sure things, overpaying for late-inning arms because that’s exactly what they’ll need. Until then, it’s mix-and-match time. If your hair doesn’t fall out because of this, it will turn gray, and everyone is very sorry about that.

They tried Doval. They tried Gregory Santos. They will try Castro. If none of those work, they’ll have to get creative, and they’ll have to do it at a maddeningly slow pace. There just aren’t a lot of other options in the first week of May.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Brisbee today:

There is not an enormous “MAKE BULLPEN BETTER” lever to pull. There are tweaks and adjustments. Some of them will work. Some of them will be even more frustrating than what you’re already watching.

As it gets closer to the trade deadline, perhaps the Giants will spend some of their resources on some bullpen sure things, overpaying for late-inning arms because that’s exactly what they’ll need. Until then, it’s mix-and-match time. If your hair doesn’t fall out because of this, it will turn gray, and everyone is very sorry about that.

They tried Doval. They tried Gregory Santos. They will try Castro. If none of those work, they’ll have to get creative, and they’ll have to do it at a maddeningly slow pace. There just aren’t a lot of other options in the first week of May.
I'm okay with the team replacing Wisler with any of Tropeano, Kazmir, Bracho, Daniel Alvarez, Tyler Cyr, Dominic Leone, James Sherfy or Shun Yamaguchi. I cannot imagine them being much worse than what he has done. Sure, they could come in and post an ERA over 10 after a couple of weeks but they could also post a better strand rate and an ERA around 5.50 and still be better than what Wisler is doing.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'm thrilled with the starting pitching. It's been far beyond my expectations. Never expected to be in 1st after 30 games. Hell, I didn't think we'd be over 500. But I also never expected to pen to be this bad. They already have 8 or 9 losses credited to them. In 3 of those losses they lost leads of 4 plus runs. Usually in 2 or less innings. Really not sure how they should approach this issue though. It's not just one guy having a bad outing. In many cases it's been a melt down of 2 or 3 pitchers that are following each other. In quite a few cases the melt down starts with the first guy not recording an out through 3 batters. The second guy in also seems to get hit very hard. Before you know it they've given up 3 runs and still aren't out of the inning. None of them seem to be reliable except for Tyler.

We've had a nice schedule up to here. The rest of May will really test this staff.