• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chubba Hubbard

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can;t think of an NFL running back who is a Canadien citizen, well here he is. As we know Oklahoma State has has some runing backs, Terry Miller, Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Chris Carson, hell...Tyreek Hill. Now it;s Chubba Hubbard, he has that size/speed thing a 4,36 40 is cooking for a RB, yep another track guy.

He had a monster season in 2019, gained over 2000 yards, last year he had injury problems, I can see this kid the 4/5 RB taken and as a rookie out play a few taken ahead of him.

He never was going to run on a Canadien Olympic 4x1 team

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's worth his own time he'll legally change his name to Chubba Hubba... at which point he should be the #1 overall pick. Fuck off Lawrence.

Jokes aside, know very little about this guy... didn't watch much College last year (with the whole COVID fiasco) but thanks for the heads up @RaZon

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been interesting to read the scouting reports on him. He clearly has home run abilities, and will be a player in the right scheme. But a lot of people are down on his lack of passing game contributions, lack of creativity in the hole, and lack of blocking. He's not seen as starting caliber NFL RB by most draft experts despite his monster college production. More like a #2 change of pace style back.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the scouting report in the Athletic's draft guide btw:

10. CHUBA HUBBARD | Oklahoma State 6000 | 210 lbs. | rJR. Sherwood Park, Alberta (Bev Facey) 6/11/1999 (age 21.88) #30 BACKGROUND: Chuba (CHOO-buh) Hubbard was born in Edmonton, Alberta, and started playing football for the Sherwood Park Rams at the pee-wee level. He attended Bev Facey Community High School where he was a decorated two-sport star in football (running back and defensive back) and track. After rushing for 1,337 yards and 19 touchdowns as a sophomore, Hubbard had a record-setting junior season with 3,213 rushing yards and 40 touchdowns, averaging 18.6 yards per carry to earn First Team All-Canadian and League MVP honors. As a senior, he rushed for 2,330 yards and 23 touchdowns to finish his prep career with 6,880 rushing yards. Hubbard was also a three-time national champion for his age group in the 100 meters. He competed at the 2015 IAAF World Youth Championships, placing fourth in the 100 meters with a personal best of 10.55. A three-star running back recruit out of high school, Hubbard was the No. 23 running back in the 2017 class and the No. 2 recruit outside the United States (behind CB Benjamin St-Juste). He collected over 25 scholarship offers, including Alabama, Oklahoma and others, but Oklahoma State was one of the few that offered him a dualscholarship in football and track. Hubbard elected to skip his senior season and enter the 2021 NFL Draft. YEAR (GP/GS) CAR YDS AVG TD REC YDS AVG TD NOTES 2017: Redshirted 2018: (13/4) 124 740 6.0 7 22 229 10.4 2 Took over starting duties after an injury to Justice Hill 2019: (13/13) 328 2,094 6.4 21 23 198 8.6 0 Unanimous All-American; Big 12 Offensive POY; First Team All-Big 12; Led FBS in rushing 2020: (7/7) 133 625 4.7 5 8 52 6.5 1 Second Team All-Big 12; Led team in rushing; Missed final four games due to injury Total: (33/24) 585 3,459 5.9 33 53 479 9.0 3 [24] HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP COMBINE N/A (Combine canceled) PRO DAY 6000 210 32 9 75 3/4 4.50 2.61 1.56 36 10’0” 4.30 7.28 20 STRENGTHS: Has above-average speed and was highly decorated in track at the high school level (competed at the junior world level as a sprinter)…has improved patience and feel for developing lanes…strong cuts due to his vision and acceleration off his plant step…presses the line before making his cutback decisions…slams on the gas to clear holes in a blink…his sustained speed gives him home run hitting potential (seven runs of 50-plus yards in 2019)…muscular build, runs hard and keeps his feet moving…finished his career No. 8 in school history in rushing yards (3,459) and rushing touchdowns (33). WEAKNESSES: Narrow-based runner with inconsistent gather-and-go…stumbles through contact instead of driving through it…too easily tripped up and lacks grace through tight holes…benefited from large runways in the Oklahoma State scheme…not very elusive at the second level…fumbled 11 times in college, once every 58 offensive touches…tough to trust in pass protection, as he ineffectively throws his body around…simple screen target and needs to make himself more available as a pass catcher…disappointing 2020 season, including only one rush of 30-plus yards (32-yarder versus Iowa State)…battled a high right ankle sprain (November 2020), missing four games and parts of others. SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Oklahoma State, Hubbard was a record-setting player in offensive coordinator Kasey Dunn’s inside/outside zone scheme. The Canadian native put himself on the NFL radar in 2019 with 2,094 rushing yards, which is the 16th most rushing yards in a single-season in FBS history, leading the country in rushing yards per game (161.1). Hubbard senses developing lanes and has track-like acceleration to motor through holes and take it the distance. However, he doesn’t have elusive feet or a high broken-tackle rate, and it is too easy for contact to get him on the ground. Overall, Hubbard has speed and vision, but he is too runway dependent with questionable creativity and third-down value. He projects as a rotational NFL back capable of hitting home run plays if the blocking scheme creates a track. GRADE: 5th Round

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's worth his own time he'll legally change his name to Chubba Hubba... at which point he should be the #1 overall pick. Fuck off Lawrence.

Jokes aside, know very little about this guy... didn't watch much College last year (with the whole COVID fiasco) but thanks for the heads up @RaZon

Thanks!

Last year was the first time I passed on buying my Lindy's College Football Preview magazine, I had little hopes for the season because of the Covid situation. It did get played out a lot better than I had expected. But like you I wasn't as into it.

Hubbard only had 600ish yards last season, was nursing soMething, hopefully he is past that now.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!

Last year was the first time I passed on buying my Lindy's College Football Preview magazine, I had little hopes for the season because of the Covid situation. It did get played out a lot better than I had expected. But like you I wasn't as into it.

Hubbard only had 600ish yards last season, was nursing soMething, hopefully he is past that now.
He didn't do a whole lot against OU in 2019. 104 yards and his only TD coming in the first Qt. He did even less in 2020: 44 yards and no TDs.

He is a solid player, but he is no starter for the NFL, or at least not for a team that is in the running for a title. If he gets picked up by one of the worst teams in the NFL i could see him starting, but he wont make the impact they will hope for most likely. Maybe with a year in he may start to grow into a good starting NFL RB.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do a whole lot against OU in 2019. 104 yards and his only TD coming in the first Qt. He did even less in 2020: 44 yards and no TDs.

He is a solid player, but he is no starter for the NFL, or at least not for a team that is in the running for a title. If he gets picked up by one of the worst teams in the NFL i could see him starting, but he wont make the impact they will hope for most likely. Maybe with a year in he may start to grow into a good starting NFL RB.

Over 4 yards a carry here, and he looks pretty good to me...

......I don;t see him tearing the league apart but he can play and wil help whoever brings him in.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 4 yards a carry here, and he looks pretty good to me...

......I don;t see him tearing the league apart but he can play and wil help whoever brings him in.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it now, the old Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State thing, ok cool!

Obviously Oklahoma is on a whole other level, they are up in that upper ecelon of NCAA football, that is not OSU. The Cowboys however can match the Sooners when it comes to running backs, Barry Sanders trumps Adrian Peterson, Thurman Thomas trumps Billy Sims. Who trumps Terry Miller?

Oklahoma did give us my fav running back name....Elvis Peacock....gotta love it!

Don't like Brooks opting out, that sends a message that football isn;t that important to him, not good!

Last edited:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure zone run scheme RB.

....but he has good vision and when he puts his foot in the ground and hits a hole, he hits with a lot of speed.

Kind of reminds me of Robert Smith.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure zone run scheme RB.

....but he has good vision and when he puts his foot in the ground and hits a hole, he hits with a lot of speed.

Kind of reminds me of Robert Smith.

You won;t believe this but, I also thought of Robert Smith. Smith was a 45ish 400m cat while at Ohio State.

Last edited:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can;t think of an NFL running back who is a Canadien citizen, well here he is. As we know Oklahoma State has has some runing backs, Terry Miller, Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Chris Carson, hell...Tyreek Hill. Now it;s Chubba Hubbard, he has that size/speed thing a 4,36 40 is cooking for a RB, yep another track guy.

He had a monster season in 2019, gained over 2000 yards, last year he had injury problems, I can see this kid the 4/5 RB taken and as a rookie out play a few taken ahead of him.

He never was going to run on a Canadien Olympic 4x1 team

Rueben Mayes had a 1,000 yard season and made a couple of Pro Bowls

Rueben Mayes Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it now, the old Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State thing, ok cool!

Obviously Oklahoma is on a whole other level, they are up in that upper ecelon of NCAA football, that is not OSU. The Cowboys however can match the Sooners when it comes to running backs, Barry Sanders trumps Adrian Peterson, Thurman Thomas trumps Billy Sims. Who trumps Terry Miller?

Oklahoma did give us my fav running back name....Elvis Peacock....gotta love it!

Don't like Brooks opting out, that sends a message that football isn;t that important to him, not good!
Just throwing shade, as it is little brother. Hubbard is going to be alright, he is a great RB in college, hope he can continue through his career. OSU has produced some of the best RBs in football period, i wont deny that.

Brooks opting out is fine with me. He got an extra year to bulk up, get faster, and stay healthy. Football is not more important than anyone's life period. I wouldn't shame anyone for that.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing shade, as it is little brother. Hubbard is going to be alright, he is a great RB in college, hope he can continue through his career. OSU has produced some of the best RBs in football period, i wont deny that.

Brooks opting out is fine with me. He got an extra year to bulk up, get faster, and stay healthy. Football is not more important than anyone's life period. I wouldn't shame anyone for that.

These kids only have a few years in their life to play college football, really can't see missing out. Right or wrong his love for the game will be questioned.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids only have a few years in their life to play college football, really can't see missing out. Right or wrong his love for the game will be questioned.
Actually it wont, they were given the option to opt out for an additional year of eligibility. Several soon to be NFL stars opted out this year due to Covid. I really doubt any teams will look at this as a problem considering all of them will be back this year to play and showcase their talent.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know, saw him many times at WSU, some connection?

You opened with "Can;t (sic) think of an NFL running back who is a Canadien(sic) citizen, well here he is" . I thought maybe you couldn't think of one either :noidea:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it wont, they were given the option to opt out for an additional year of eligibility. Several soon to be NFL stars opted out this year due to Covid. I really doubt any teams will look at this as a problem considering all of them will be back this year to play and showcase their talent.

Well, if a coach is debating between two/three RB's, who have simiiar stats/ability, little stuff like that will matter, The other two guys sucked it up and played.

You let your team down when you opt out, you send the message that you really don't care. Sure sure everybody will say the right things but bailing out on your team matters.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You opened with "Can;t (sic) think of an NFL running back who is a Canadien(sic) citizen, well here he is" . I thought maybe you couldn't think of one either :noidea:

Got it, and good one. I didn't know that, so thanks. Bound to be some others. Hadn;t thought about that until Hubbard,

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if a coach is debating between two/three RB's, who have simiiar stats/ability, little stuff like that will matter, The other two guys sucked it up and played.

You let your team down when you opt out, you send the message that you really don't care. Sure sure everybody will say the right things but bailing out on your team matters.
Dude, its college, they don't get paid to put their bodies on the line like they do in the NFL. I would completely agree if they were paid and considered employees as they are in the NFL, but they are not. So its not the same. NFL owners know and understand this. I promise you, no one will look at any of the se players in any different view due to this. In fact, several NFL players even opted out, I don't see them getting benched or displaced from work because of it, why... because it would be illegal.