• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Christmas Day Games

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about them vs gsw or houston or san antonio.

If they continue to defend well, they're going to be tough for anyone in the playoffs. The real challange, IMO, will be if they could put together a string of efficient offensive games to pair with it. The game against Houston yesterday, they won by 5, but they also shot 54% from the field and 44% from 3 while also limiting Houston to 43% from the field and 32% from 3. They need to be on point on both ends of the court to make any series interesting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's big and athletic?

The Warriors, imo, don't typically have problems against those type of players. They've never had an issue with guys like Drummond, or DAJ or Gortat. They typically have problems against skilled perimeter bigs and/or big athletic wings. I see PG and Melo as much more of a potential problem than Adams, when they're right.

You could be right, but personally I don't see Adams as the real threat. He is key to you winning against the Warriors, but I don't see him as a problem.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors, imo, don't typically have problems against those type of players. They've never had an issue with guys like Drummond, or DAJ or Gortat. They typically have problems against skilled perimeter bigs and/or big athletic wings. I see PG and Melo as much more of a potential problem than Adams, when they're right.

You could be right, but personally I don't see Adams as the real threat. He is key to you winning against the Warriors, but I don't see him as a problem.

He gets in green's head.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets in green's head.

Not in the way you hope. Draymond doesn't play worse when he's angry, if anything he plays better. You're only shot is to hope he gets ejected for some dumb shit (which isn't out of the realm of possibility). Maybe that happens, but if you think that's your edge with Adams, I'll take him getting into Green's head every day.

Also I don't see a game where Draymond and Adams have genuinely gotten into it or seen Adams, get into Draymond's head. The only incidents that come to mind were the kicking ones, and those weren't caused out of any hatred or bad blood towards Adams. If you think it was incidental, or if you think it was a dirty play, either way it wasn't because he was hunting him for any reason.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the way you hope. Draymond doesn't play worse when he's angry, if anything he plays better. You're only shot is to hope he gets ejected for some dumb shit (which isn't out of the realm of possibility). Maybe that happens, but if you think that's your edge with Adams, I'll take him getting into Green's head every day.

Also I don't see a game where Draymond and Adams have genuinely gotten into it or seen Adams, get into Draymond's head. The only incidents that come to mind were the kicking ones, and those weren't caused out of any hatred or bad blood towards Adams. If you think it was incidental, or if you think it was a dirty play, either way it wasn't because he was hunting him for any reason.

It was because he was frustrated with Adams. If you don't want to call that "in his head" that's fine. But it is just one match up. And it's the 3rd-4th best player on each roster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was because he was frustrated with Adams. If you don't want to call that "in his head" that's fine. But it is just one match up. And it's the 3rd-4th best player on each roster.

Nah.

Draymond used to flail his legs on every drive. The fact that Adams was the recipient of the kick was incidental.

Kanter would have been more likely to get in Dray's head. Adams just plays hard. He isn't that kind of guy. I am positive Dray respects the hell out of him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draymond Green shares what he said to Steven Adams after Game 7

"But while fans might think — after public run-ins with each other — that the two despise each other, that isn’t the case, at least not according to Green.

In an interview with "Warriors Plus Minus" he revealed that the two chatted after Game 7, and actually shared a pretty interesting conversation."

"If anything, Green believes that it goes beyond that, and that he and Adams are almost kindred spirits. They are the rare players who not only mix things up, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the repercussions of being unpopular with other teams and players."

Here's the actual interview where he discusses Adams:

Draymond Green on the Cleveland match-up, LeBron James, and more

At the 4:50 mark he starts talking about Adams. He holds him in high regard as a player and really respects him and his game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's big and athletic?

When facing Adams and OKC, at least Kerr's got more options now. He can go big with Pachulia or athletic with Bell and see which one works best. It's early, but Bell is looking like he's worth every penny that the Warriors paid the Bulls to draft him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green shares what he said to Steven Adams after Game 7

"But while fans might think — after public run-ins with each other — that the two despise each other, that isn’t the case, at least not according to Green.

In an interview with "Warriors Plus Minus" he revealed that the two chatted after Game 7, and actually shared a pretty interesting conversation."

"If anything, Green believes that it goes beyond that, and that he and Adams are almost kindred spirits. They are the rare players who not only mix things up, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the repercussions of being unpopular with other teams and players."

Here's the actual interview where he discusses Adams:

Draymond Green on the Cleveland match-up, LeBron James, and more

At the 4:50 mark he starts talking about Adams. He holds him in high regard as a player and really respects him and his game.

IIRC, I think I heard Adams make similar comments about Green after Game 7. He said something like that Green plays hard and that he has no hard feelings towards him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just like Phil Jackson.

Instead of adapting the offense towards the strength of your roster, he's trying to force grit and grime where it isn't needed.

Ps. I really hope KCP saved most of his one year salary.

He might not get half that per year if he keeps playing like this.

He left 80 million on the table...Lmfao

I'm sure Rich Paul thought he would have a Harrison Barnes like coming out party as one of the focal points on a bad Team.

Uh, he isn't.

Yeah, he's been okay on defense, the Lakers are far better defensively than they were the last couple of years and Lonzo is playing better defense than anyone could have foreseen. I think KCP has a lot to do with that.

But he was supposed to be a good bit better offensively than what he's shown. It's still early, so he has time to turn it around. But you're right, he's costing himself money just about every game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When facing Adams and OKC, at least Kerr's got more options now. He can go big with Pachulia or athletic with Bell and see which one works best. It's early, but Bell is looking like he's worth every penny that the Warriors paid the Bulls to draft him.

Why are you yelling? :noidea:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you yelling? :noidea:

LOL! Honestly, I don't know why that happens some times when I post from my phone. It's gone the other way, too, where the text is really small after I posted from my phone.