• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Snee to announce retirement

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,118.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longtime New York Giants guard Chris Snee, who won two Super Bowls as a member of the team's offensive line, announced his retirement Monday.

Snee, 32, is having a hard time with his recovery from offseason elbow surgery and hasn't progressed physically to a point that would allow him to play an 11th NFL season.

"I felt worse by continuing to work out," Snee told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Monday. "I am nowhere near the level of strength that I usually have. That's been my game for 10 years, being one of the strongest players out there and using that to my advantage. If I don't have that, I wouldn't be able to do my job the way I expect, but also with what they expect of me.

"That's kind of what [general manager] Jerry [Reese] and I agreed upon in March when we decided to try this thing and see if I can come back. I told him that he had my word, that I would be honest with him, and I was. [Now] I've told him that my body has had enough. With the way last season ended, that's the last thing I wanted to experience again."

Source: ESPN New York

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His retirement was due to injuries but it left our offensive line in a deep hole and it showed through out the year but I think the new line started to jell.