• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris May Miss the Rest of the Regural Season

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris is believed to have a broken leg and may miss the rest of the regular season.

The injuries keep piling up.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken fibula, so yeah, he's done.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the severity will determine whether surgery is required and recovery time, Harris will hopefully be back for the 2019 fully healed

The treatment of a fractured fibula depends on the severity of the injury and whether or not additional injuries have occurred in association with the fracture. Isolated fibula fractures usually heal quickly and do not require surgery, especially if the break occurs in the upper half of the bone.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bright spot of the Harris injury is that it’s now time for Roby to prove he wants that second contract. If he steps up I think he gets it, if he continues to play like he has been I believe we let him walk or offer him something pretty low.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Chris Harris on crutches or in a protective boot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is not placing Harris on IR with the hope if we make the playoffs he will be able to play.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bright spot of the Harris injury is that it’s now time for Roby to prove he wants that second contract. If he steps up I think he gets it, if he continues to play like he has been I believe we let him walk or offer him something pretty low.

I would hope that that ship has sailed

I cannot think of another player that has had to run the length of the field on a single play more times than Roby has done this season .. Both his coverage and tackling have been dismal ...

What Roc Alexander did in one game, Roby has done all season

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bright spot is that that Isaac Yiadom seems to have improved through the season. I guess we will see more when the opponent can game plan for Yiadom. I hope Brock can come back next week.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope that that ship has sailed

I cannot think of another player that has had to run the length of the field on a single play more times than Roby has done this season .. Both his coverage and tackling have been dismal ...

What Roc Alexander did in one game, Roby has done all season

Oh he's terrible but if this somehow makes him step up his game and he actually plays like he did a few years ago I don't think a quick 2 year team friendly deal should be out of the question.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bright spot is that that Isaac Yiadom seems to have improved through the season. I guess we will see more when the opponent can game plan for Yiadom. I hope Brock can come back next week.

Glad you brought this up. Was thinking the same thing with Yiadom. It will be a good opportunity for him to learn and grow.

Anyone else notice when Yiadom came in for the Steelers game when Brock went down he quickly twice got toasted on hitches... Played them terrible and a dropped pass and a bad pass bailed him out on both. After that he was pretty good. He learned quickly.

This week when he came in on the fly I felt he was coached up/prepared a little better. He didn't gamble. He didn't get fooled on hitch moves, he gave a bit more of a cushion.

Yiadom has very good technique and tackles well. He has a chance to last in this league. Not totally sold on him from a coverage standpoint but he has nice tools and with good technique he could be trusted rather quickly.

Tramaine Brock started to play a little better before he got hurt. He started off the season very rocky.

I am surprised more people aren't talking about what Justin Simmons did this weekend. Guy went in and filled the slot role vacated by Chris Harris. You know how hard that is? To move from FS to slot coverage for a guy not use to it? And he did it really well. The guy has such good length. Not the best cover guy at safety, but I started to wonder if the guy has the ability to play CB after how well he played the slot yesterday.

He is also the brains of the Broncos D. He wears the ear piece. He calls the defense. If he can improve in his coverage ability, this guy combined with intelligence, leadership, length and ability to read and react could really come into his zone next year.

We haven't allowed a rushing TD since October 14th.

Sometime I think people are too busy complaining/hating on about the coaching staff here that they forget to notice this stuff.

This team is showing fight. They are starting to believe in each other.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you brought this up. Was thinking the same thing with Yiadom. It will be a good opportunity for him to learn and grow.

Anyone else notice when Yiadom came in for the Steelers game when Brock went down he quickly twice got toasted on hitches... Played them terrible and a dropped pass and a bad pass bailed him out on both. After that he was pretty good. He learned quickly.

This week when he came in on the fly I felt he was coached up/prepared a little better. He didn't gamble. He didn't get fooled on hitch moves, he gave a bit more of a cushion.

Yiadom has very good technique and tackles well. He has a chance to last in this league. Not totally sold on him from a coverage standpoint but he has nice tools and with good technique he could be trusted rather quickly.

Tramaine Brock started to play a little better before he got hurt. He started off the season very rocky.

I am surprised more people aren't talking about what Justin Simmons did this weekend. Guy went in and filled the slot role vacated by Chris Harris. You know how hard that is? To move from FS to slot coverage for a guy not use to it? And he did it really well. The guy has such good length. Not the best cover guy at safety, but I started to wonder if the guy has the ability to play CB after how well he played the slot yesterday.

He is also the brains of the Broncos D. He wears the ear piece. He calls the defense. If he can improve in his coverage ability, this guy combined with intelligence, leadership, length and ability to read and react could really come into his zone next year.

We haven't allowed a rushing TD since October 14th.

Sometime I think people are too busy complaining/hating on about the coaching staff here that they forget to notice this stuff.

This team is showing fight. They are starting to believe in each other.

Any chance at least for the rest of the year we move Simmons to CB full time, Parks to FS, and Cravens to SS so all are on the field at once at least in a 5 DB set?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see that. I expect Simmons may get slot duties with Harris out which would make that scenario above you mentioned likely.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I have thought a lot about Roby the last two years is the guy plays with no emotion. You never see him excited, you never see him jawing with a WR... I mean if that isn't his game it isn't his game but just rare for a CB. I feel like the guy isn't excited to be here. Maybe it is the cold weather.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of random thoughts today.

Shawn Williams of the Bengals reminds me a lot of Darian Stewart.. Same style of play.

It seemed like Saquan Barkley was running way with OROY. Phillip Lindsay is #4 in the NFL in rushing yards. Behind Gurley, Ezekiel, Barkley.

The Defensive rookie class has some ballers

Bradley Chubb
Derwin James
Darius Leonard
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Leighton Vander Esch

all making bids for rookie pro bowlers.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I have thought a lot about Roby the last two years is the guy plays with no emotion. You never see him excited, you never see him jawing with a WR... I mean if that isn't his game it isn't his game but just rare for a CB. I feel like the guy isn't excited to be here. Maybe it is the cold weather.

He is best friends with the Atwater family so I don't think it would be that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is best friends with the Atwater family so I don't think it would be that.

I thought the Atwater family was best friends with the McCallahan's?

I wasn't serious about him actually not wanting to be here.

Just a point about his lack of emotion/excitement... Some players just play that way, I think Roby should try and add a little fire to his game. His emotion has matched his game the last two years.