• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris Appreciation thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't bother me much until this year. Just saw him pointing the fingers a lot on the field when a bad play happened his way almost every single time. And then some of the things he decided to publicly say this offseason of pretty much burning every bridge possible with the Broncos. Honestly if he hadn't burned those bridges I think the Broncos would have made a better deal than what he got with the Chargers.

He did say being in the slot he was able to communicate with the other players . Traveling with the #1 as he did last year he could not do that and it was frustrating

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this on two fronts:

1. Chris Harris, Jr is one of my all time favorite Broncos and founding member of the No-Fly Zone. Humble, chip on shoulder, lockdown corner, that took a hometown discount. Family man and good member of the community. I'll always think of him this way.
  2. A Charger? WTF? Seriously? Sorry CHJ but that's a low blow to Broncos Fans!
Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a low blow imo. It is a business. Hope he does well there. I don’t see the Chargers as a serious team next year.

He did turn down the Raiders.

The Chargers are also the team he tore his ACL against in the playoffs prior to us losing the Super Bowl to the Seahawks.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't bother me much until this year. Just saw him pointing the fingers a lot on the field when a bad play happened his way almost every single time. And then some of the things he decided to publicly say this offseason of pretty much burning every bridge possible with the Broncos. Honestly if he hadn't burned those bridges I think the Broncos would have made a better deal than what he got with the Chargers.

This he should be humble. you get more with sugar.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part Harris was humble, hard working and a great player on and off the field. I won't remember him for the little finger pointing he did in a frustrating season. Wish he had gone to the Saints though.

Always had this feeling he would end up on a division rival.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say being in the slot he was able to communicate with the other players . Traveling with the #1 as he did last year he could not do that and it was frustrating

Also, his DB coach is SD and the crapy year he had made him want his blanky back

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, his DB coach is SD and the crapy year he had made him want his blanky back

Wouldn't say Harris had a crappy year by any means. He declined a bit last year, but as CEH noted above he was also playing a different role. He needs to stay covering the slot. At one time he was the best slot CB in the NFL. Keep him in the role that works for him. It just shows our lack of depth at CB last year.

Harris decline is still better than most CB's in the NFL.

Very common for a player to go sign under a former coach from the past. Not sure the blanky comment was warranted.

Guy gave nothing but respect for the Broncos and the coaching staff when he departed. No need to be bitter on this. Harris is probably a top 3 CB. I would argue he could be their best cover guy in NFL franchise history. Champ Bailey their best overall CB. No need to hate on the guy.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have said team* history. Stupid Hoop timed me out from editing.

I never got to see Louis Wright play (I do have football cards of him though), but in my lifetime If I were to choose the top two CB's in Bronco history (my lifetime) it would be a no brainer. Champ Bailey and Chris Harris. Two guys who did things the right way, pro bowlers, played their positions well, well loved by teammates. Smart on and off the field. There is nothing to be upset about over Chris Harris' Denver Bronco career. Enjoy it, embrace it! It was a great one prior to a time where we really struggled to find good CB's.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree with DC. I wish the NFL would find a way to help keep my players like Chris where they made their name. In the end it would be up to the team and player. Denver could have kept Chris, but choose not to.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree with DC. I wish the NFL would find a way to help keep my players like Chris where they made their name. In the end it would be up to the team and player. Denver could have kept Chris, but choose not to.

When Harris turns down $13.5 million from us during the season and then signs at $10 million a year to go to LA, he pretty much made up his mind.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't say he made up his mind.

He gambled and it didn't pay off. Darius Slay got 17 mil this year, he is two years younger. I think Harris was probably hoping for that 2 year 15 mil dollar a year deal.
Gambled and it didn't pay off. Still has plenty of money to support his family and all of us and then some. Although Mingo has a pretty expensive purse collection.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have said team* history. Stupid Hoop timed me out from editing.

I never got to see Louis Wright play (I do have football cards of him though), but in my lifetime If I were to choose the top two CB's in Bronco history (my lifetime) it would be a no brainer. Champ Bailey and Chris Harris. Two guys who did things the right way, pro bowlers, played their positions well, well loved by teammates. Smart on and off the field. There is nothing to be upset about over Chris Harris' Denver Bronco career. Enjoy it, embrace it! It was a great one prior to a time where we really struggled to find good CB's.
I’d put Wright just behind Champ.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't say Harris had a crappy year by any means. He declined a bit last year, but as CEH noted above he was also playing a different role. He needs to stay covering the slot. At one time he was the best slot CB in the NFL. Keep him in the role that works for him. It just shows our lack of depth at CB last year.

Harris decline is still better than most CB's in the NFL.

Very common for a player to go sign under a former coach from the past. Not sure the blanky comment was warranted.

Guy gave nothing but respect for the Broncos and the coaching staff when he departed. No need to be bitter on this. Harris is probably a top 3 CB. I would argue he could be their best cover guy in NFL franchise history. Champ Bailey their best overall CB. No need to hate on the guy.

He wanted to up his creed so he can get paid again. and he knows this CB coach will play him right so he can bitch next year he wants more pay

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him by the way he was not being use the way he is best and look at him now. He is worth $12 a year.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted to up his creed so he can get paid again. and he knows this CB coach will play him right so he can bitch next year he wants more pay
Dude is 30. No way he's getting more after this contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more random note on Chris Harris.

He played more snaps in Super Bowl 50 for the Broncos than any other player. (Beating Talib by 1 snap)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is almost two weeks later and I still miss Chris Harris Jr.