• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Culliver might be the next Revis

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shutting down receivers like no ones business.
Always in good position in coverage and plays ball well without causing penalties.
26 QB rating for QBs throwing in his direction. He needs to get some more play time.

That turned out to be a great 3rd round pick so far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wasn't Bowman a 3rd rounder last year?

All of the sudden, the Niners' drafts are paying off...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how they do when picking lower in each round. That felt really good to type.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's no Revis and to expect that might be crossing the line. I'd say he's definitely earned a right to be on the field more and hopefully he can over take Brown at some point, but our CB's have played leaps and bounds better than i thought they would be this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver when healthy definitely deserves it. To think, per scouting rpts prior draft, he was in that S/CB role limbo as a pro....

Playing solid as a CB as ever....

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's no Revis and to expect that might be crossing the line. I'd say he's definitely earned a right to be on the field more and hopefully he can over take Brown at some point, but our CB's have played leaps and bounds better than i thought they would be this year.

Agreed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shutting down receivers like no ones business.
Always in good position in coverage and plays ball well without causing penalties.
26 QB rating for QBs throwing in his direction. He needs to get some more play time.

That turned out to be a great 3rd round pick so far.

he does look the part - runs smoothly and in good positions?

but i'm far from thinking "Revis", far.............

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree.

didn't think we'd generate as much pressure either?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks starting and All Done is one heck of an upgrade.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

didn't think we'd generate as much pressure either?

Absolutely agree. I liked Aldon as a prospect, but i didn't think he would be able to perform at the level he has so quickly. Ahmad Brooks hasn't received a lot of mention but he's another guy who has stepped up to the plate and i have to admit i was a huge skeptic of letting Lawson go for Brooks.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gotta love all the armchair GMs that thought Baalke was insane for way over reaching for Aldon Smith and over reaching for Culliver.

What's scary about Culliver is he really doesn't have a lot of CB experience and he has the physical tools to be elite so he might wind up being a #1 CB one day.

And can we give some credit to Donatell? Not just with Culliver but with Rodgers and really the entire secondary has been playing at a high level.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta love all the armchair GMs that thought Baalke was insane for way over reaching for Aldon Smith and over reaching for Culliver.

What's scary about Culliver is he really doesn't have a lot of CB experience and he has the physical tools to be elite so he might wind up being a #1 CB one day.

And can we give some credit to Donatell? Not just with Culliver but with Rodgers and really the entire secondary has been playing at a high level.

Taylor who?

haaa, sorry

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ray, let me know if you're looking for a Vice President of the Culliver bandwagon. I'll move you up a notch or two on Aldon's. :)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

culliver was a solid pick where he was taken. aldon is looking good, but he wouldn't have been my first choice. too bad we wasted the 2nd tho. after the garbage last year, i think everyone has a right to second guess anyone involved in drafting.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
culliver was a solid pick where he was taken. aldon is looking good, but he wouldn't have been my first choice.

Then or now? Who would?

too bad we wasted the 2nd tho.

wow, already made your mind up, there?

after the garbage last year, i think everyone has a right to second guess anyone involved in drafting.

Other than Mays, anything specific? Just curious.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
culliver was a solid pick where he was taken. aldon is looking good, but he wouldn't have been my first choice. too bad we wasted the 2nd tho. after the garbage last year, i think everyone has a right to second guess anyone involved in drafting.

Davis, Iupati, Bowman, Dixon...

You mean THAT garbage?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Culliver considered a reach where we got him in the 3rd? I thought he graded to be a 5-6 rd pick? I could be wrong, alot of malt hops and bong resin that has slowed my memory down a bit. =)

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Culliver considered a reach where we got him in the 3rd? I thought he graded to be a 5-6 rd pick? I could be wrong, alot of malt hops and bong resin that has slowed my memory down a bit. =)

He was rated as a 4-5th rd pick as a safety. No one had him as a corner at all. Thank god the niners listened to their scouts and not the pundits.