• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Carson or Leonard Fournette?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WoW I really thought Carson got paid! I swore I heard something haha!

Well Carson is a free agent still so I am sure "IF" he wanted to come back they would have put something together and still could. The issue I see is I think Carson wants a Pay-day. I don't think the Hawks want to pay him more than 5mill per maybe 6mill max. Hawks might have gave him a offer before the season ended and he felt like they lowballed him, that would explain him removing all the Seahawk stuff off his pages and such right after the last game. He knew he was done here and was pissed?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Carson over Fournette, but not for more than 8M.

I'd prefer an Olineman over both, but the top line names are taken.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must not know football for the life of me I have no idea why anyone would want to go after Leonard Fournette he has done nothing in his career that would tell me he would be productive for us or anyone else at that. My only guess would be if you are a team like the Bucs or Chiefs where you don't ask for much out of your back and your focus is to throw the ball then getting a cheap option at the position is the idea.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......except he doesn't feel it is all on him.
His own words before the season were that his goal was to remain healthy. When he was injured, he felt he was ready to come back sooner but was held out by the staff for a few more weeks.

There is no indication he had any issues playing next to Wilson. But there is evidence that he is pissed at the coaches and training staff for not letting him play when he thought he was ready. He was playing for a contract and felt the team management intentionally (from his pov) sabatoged his ability to get the big bucks with their decision.
I agree with this take I do believe that they would hold him back an extra game to take away leverage in the offseason to sign him and I believe that is why they never gave him the ball more than 20x. I prefer the approach of the steelers and run their running backs into the ground. They pretty much gave bell the ball 250-300x a season and franchise him the 5 year and by now he pretty much doesn't have much left to give and move on to a new one.

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe anyone would take Fournette over Carson. Fournette's last few seasons with the Jags were mediocre, and he wasn't a significant contributor to the Bucs' Super Bowl season until the last few games. Carson, on the other hand, is one of the best RB's in the NFL, and he hasn't missed any more games due to injury than Fournette. No contest.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you find a guy who can avg 4.6 a carry ya do what ya can to keep him. As ya kow teams carry three RB's, so there are other to pick it up if need be. 700 carries over 3000 yards in the last three seasons is a problem, really?
It's his injuries that are a problem. Hence I keep saying injuries. I'd take him back at a 1yr prove it deal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the hell wth my opinion based on 50 years of following this stuff and just agree with you when I could ramble off a list a mile long of RB's who don't fit what you are saying at all.

Ok Harold whatever you say , ok?
No, you like to argue cause someone doesn't agree with you just like in the Dak thread. Please don't act like you're the only one who watches football.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like people take "exceptions to the rule" to defend their point. Shows me they are trying at least.

Carson was not worth the contract he got because all though good he wasn't light years better than Davis when Davis was the back up or Penny or Hyde. All these RB played when he rested or was hurt and played as well as Carson for the most part. We all loved Carson and even the ones saying no ( to expensive )would have loved to have kept him but not at that price not for someone that can't stay on the field and not for someone that is only slightly if at all better than your back-ups that are MUCH cheaper.

Loved Carson and I will miss him and his running style. I wish him all the luck and a full 16 game season next year. If someone deserves a break it is Carson, go out there and be a top RB for this next season! you deserve it.
Razon has watched football for 50yrs, he knows the Hawks better than anybody.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Razon has watched football for 50yrs, he knows the Hawks better than anybody.

lol I know many people that have been watching football for as long as they can remember but don't know a damn thing about it when you get right down to it. But they do like to believe they do. These people tend to have delusions of grandeur and a massively bloated self worth and believed knowledge. lol They are dangerous as much as they are stupid ( dangerous to themselves )

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I know many people that have been watching football for as long as they can remember but don't know a damn thing about it when you get right down to it. But they do like to believe they do. These people tend to have delusions of grandeur and a massively bloated self worth and believed knowledge. lol They are dangerous as much as they are stupid ( dangerous to themselves )
Very true. Razon has put himself on the same level of RTK and PE1 to an extent. I find these people who google stats, chest thump and will argue to death not knowing the entire picture annoying. We all like Carson but someone is going to over pay for an oft injured RB. Would love to have him on a prove it deal but doubt that's going to happen plus he seemed pissed he was held out an extra game or two cause of injuries.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this thread's question has been emphatically answered. Carson pounding the seams for a couple more years!

I'm surprised. I thought he was gone.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this thread's question has been emphatically answered. Carson pounding the seams for a couple more years!

I'm surprised. I thought he was gone.
We won this one. Wise decision by Carroll and Schneider.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks are chasing Leonard Fournette then why not just re-sign Chris Carson instead?
Is it because Carson is brittle? Well, yeah, he is brittle but Fournette has missed more games in the last three years than Carson has.
Is it because Fournette is a better backfield receiver? Well, yeah he is, but the Seahawks can only capitalize on that if they actually throw the ball to him. And, historically speaking, we have not seen enough RB receptions in the Wilson era to justify bringing in an RB just for that reason.

So why else would they show Fournette the money rather than Carson?
Initially I preferred Fournette given his upside and lack of Carson's medical record, and at first I was stunned that Carson signed the contract he did with Seattle until I thought about it a bit more. The Seahawks and the league aren't going to commit a ton of guaranteed money to a guy who even when he plays 14-16 games is still going to get banged up.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I know someone very well connected to the organization who doesn't think Chris can stay healthy. As a Seahawks fan I hope this assessment is incorrect, but he's already incredible banged up physically. Based on what I've heard, it's incredible that Chris has been able to produce at the level he has with how banged up he is.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially I preferred Fournette given his upside and lack of Carson's medical record, and at first I was stunned that Carson signed the contract he did with Seattle until I thought about it a bit more. The Seahawks and the league aren't going to commit a ton of guaranteed money to a guy who even when he plays 14-16 games is still going to get banged up.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I know someone very well connected to the organization who doesn't think Chris can stay healthy. As a Seahawks fan I hope this assessment is incorrect, but he's already incredible banged up physically. Based on what I've heard, it's incredible that Chris has been able to produce at the level he has with how banged up he is.

Yeah Carson runs real hard and bangs people a ton even though he doesn't really ever run over people. He hits them back but he doesn't steam roll people. He does make them pay every time they tackle him though for the most part. I had actually thought Carson got paid by someone i didn't even think he was still a free agent till the day we resigned him. I swore someone gave him 8+ mill a year. I thought NE had signed him for some reason.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with him back I think we are set at RB with both him and Penny, we still have Dallas and signed Collins to a 1 year deal. We traded for a Guard, signed a new athletic TE they have don't more on the offensive side of the ball while not really doing much on the defense other than signing witherspoon.