• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chipper Jones

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will make you feel old like seeing your childhood hero getting voted into the HOF.

Glad to see Andruw make the cut to remain on the ballot too.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will make you feel old like seeing your childhood hero getting voted into the HOF.

Glad to see Andruw make the cut to remain on the ballot too.

I'd put Andruw in my HOF, though I can't see him making it on the BBWAA vote. He's probably the best defensive player I've ever watched and he was a pretty damn good hitter. I think his peak is good enough (3rd most WAR from 1997-06 (60.9) behind A-Rod (72.9) and Bonds (79.5)).

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Andruw in my HOF, though I can't see him making it on the BBWAA vote. He's probably the best defensive player I've ever watched and he was a pretty damn good hitter. I think his peak is good enough (3rd most WAR from 1997-06 (60.9) behind A-Rod (72.9) and Bonds (79.5)).

Baseball is hilariously selective with who goes into the HOF. Much more selective than basketball and football. I mean, Dennis Rodman, a very limited player on offense, made the Basketball HOF.

Andruw Jones has 10 gold gloves and hit 434 Home Runs. He has zero chance at making the HOF. Its pretty crazy when you think about it.

Larry Walker was an MVP, averaged .313 over 17 seasons and won 7 gold gloves...and he is only getting 34% of the vote on his 8th year on the ballot.

It is really hard to make the baseball HOF.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is hilariously selective with who goes into the HOF. Much more selective than basketball and football. I mean, Dennis Rodman, a very limited player on offense, made the Basketball HOF.

Andruw Jones has 10 gold gloves and hit 434 Home Runs. He has zero chance at making the HOF. Its pretty crazy when you think about it.

Larry Walker was an MVP, averaged .313 over 17 seasons and won 7 gold gloves...and he is only getting 34% of the vote on his 8th year on the ballot.

It is really hard to make the baseball HOF.

Meanwhile, the shortstop with Gold Gloves and that was barely a better hitter than Alex Gonzalez will probably make the HOF (Vizquel). I really don't understand it. Rolen, Walker and Jones all had strong defensive reputations like Vizquel and they could actually hit.