• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly zero interest in USC

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from seeBS

With Lane Kiffin's dismissal comes a regular season full of speculation regarding the Trojans' next head football coach. USC AD Pat Haden does not plan addressing the search publicly, but plenty of hypothetical candidate lists have been compiled.
One of the names suggested has been former Oregon and current Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly. According to Philly.com, Kelly shot down any speculation that he might have interest in the USC coaching job on Thursday.
"I'm the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles," Kelly said. "I'm very, very excited to be here. I'm not entertaining anything like that. I'm here."
The concern for Eagles fans is that Kelly would follow in the footsteps of Bobby Petrino; jumping back to the college ranks for a high profile job. For what it's worth, Kelly was not on the initial list of expected candidates compiled by CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman. After two years of scoping out NFL jobs before finally taking the Eagles gig, it doesn't seem likely that Kelly would leave so soon.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he said about the NFL too, isn't it?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from seeBS

"I'm the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles," Kelly said. "I'm very, very excited to be here. I'm not entertaining anything like that. I'm here."

That's right up there with what I'd tell em. If they wanted a recommendation....give them Doug Marrone's name.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he said about the NFL too, isn't it?

Yes, until his attorneys informed him he would be suspended for at least 6 games possibly the entire 2013 season at the University of Oregon. He had to take the Eagles job, and why not? More money and when he wants to return to College he can have virtually have any job in CFB outside of a handful of schools with stable coaches.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC probably wouldn't take him considering they too are still under sanctions.