• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs V Browns 1/17/2021

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, almost every Chiefs game down the stretch involves the Chiefs having a great first half and then barely hanging on in the 2nd half. I actually think there is a decent chance this is a back and forth game for all 4 quarters. I think the 2nd most likely outcome is the Chiefs blowing the doors off the Browns but a back and forth game is generally what I expect.
Yep...only thing I cannot see is Browns blowout.

As for the spread, Vegas knows that they are doing, that's for sure. I thought Steeler game started out way low (around 3-4) and was incredibly low after news was out over who wouldn't play at 6. Bet Vegas made a killing, as the nonshark gamblers usually play the favorites and this was incredibly enticing I thought.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Chase has really stepped up in all those playoff game wins hes been a part of.

Wait...Oh hes a rookie and has never won shit?

Hmm.

But surely he kicked tail in college in the playoffs right?

Whats that? 30 to 3 to Clemson?

Oh
and clearly doesn't realize if Browns get crushed just makes his team look worse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard this I completely forgot he used to be a Chief lol. Yeah I can see why he has motivation but he was released for a valid reason. I dont have much confidence against KC but at least they will be more healthy than vs PIT
Can only hope. Friend of mine is usually the one who tells me about the breaking news......I dread seeing texts from him as last couple weeks all it meant was another Browns' player (or coach) was out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well kicking a woman is pretty shitty but let's face it, there's worse offenses committed. Now lying to Clark Hunt about it? Yeah...
agree...pretty sure the actual act (minus the lie) by Peters and Hunt were a lot worse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full credit to the Browns for cashing in on 4 turnovers in the 1st quarter.
It's a good thing too because Pittsburg would have won that game otherwise. Giving up 501 passing yards to only 52 rush yards says an awful lot about their pass defense. Awful being the key word.

Putting that aside, the Browns are still scary good on offense. They're as unstoppable as anybody when Mayfield, Chubb and Hunt are having a good game. Try to stop the running game and Mayfield can hit you with accurate deep passes.

The Chiefs are slightly above average at running the ball when they bother with it. We all know about their passing offense so nothing to add there.

Defensively they also give up alot of passing yards but they are somewhat better in scoring defense. Their pass rush is even more generic than Clevelands's.

On paper this is a very even matchup overall with Mahomes having a pretty significant statistical advantage over Mayfield while the Browns are more balanced with a better running game.

X-Factors:
Will the Chiefs turn it up to 11 again in the postseason? If they don't they might be one and done against the Browns.
On the other hand, maybe the Browns are this year's Chiefs. The potential is there after yesterday's game.

That all said, I think the smart money is on the Chiefs.
Be hard for me to say I think Browns should win, but didn't have much hope against Steelers. Yes, KC far better than them but we are far better if we get our guys back (specifically Bitonio, Johnson and Ward). If we faced KC with the same roster on D I think they might have hung 60 on us if they needed to.

as for the yards we gave up to Ben was a combo of a big lead and having 1 legit NFL CB. Not legit starter, but legit CB. we were missing the top 3 and 4 of top 5. Heard Cody Parkey was considered an option at CB in a pinch (being serious). Up 35-7 idea was not allow the big play or short drives....of which there were a few last week against Steelers.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that it will be low scoring affair in 1st half and then in 2nd half things get wild.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that it will be low scoring affair in 1st half and then in 2nd half things get wild.
go crazy dancing GIF by MLB

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt lied to the team. If the Chiefs let him get away with it then no doubt they would have had issues keeping other players in check. I doubt anybody on the Chiefs actually thinks that Hunt isn't really good.

Anyways, battle of the Big 12 QBs, right?

Why the heck are the Chiefs 10 point favorites? They haven't been covering the spread for 2 and a half months now. Vegas still thinks that Andy Reid has a bunch of tricks and that the Chiefs will play better than what they have all season.
138725403_10119148744339661_4916556694394479802_n.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody loves a mouthy WR from the bench.
One of the highest paid part-time employees I've ever seen

We'll need Watkins and CEH to win a Super Bowl with this team, I'd imagine. Not having either against the Browns would be bad.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Stat I just heard that Mahomes leads the league in..

16 - That's 16 DROPPED INTs.... 16 times he should have been picked and the defense dropped them. Wonder what the Chiefs record would be had those not been dropped