• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs V Browns 1/17/2021

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's idiotic. The receiver was diving for the goal line. The defender was targeting with the crown of the helmet.
Honestly, penalties at the goal line are so minimal that it was the smart play to make regardless of what you feel about player health. I remember that Amendola play against the Chiefs in the playoffs where the Patriots intentionally rocked a Chiefs player because they knew the penalty wasn't that big of a deal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the play that ruined the Browns season. It was the last play of the game. This play was called correctly based on the rule book. Can't say that it wasn't controversial OR that the rule shouldn't be changed, but that's a totally different conversation.

"this isn't the play that ruined the Browns season"

Totally agree. But it's funny that you think I think that was the play the ruined the entire season for the Browns. Just disappointed in that rule and nothing else. Browns had plenty of opportunities to take care of business but couldn't.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"this isn't the play that ruined the Browns season"

Totally agree. But it's funny that you think I think that was the play the ruined the entire season for the Browns. Just disappointed in that rule and nothing else. Browns had plenty of opportunities to take care of business but couldn't.
Exactly. Funny how haters always wanna blame a loss on the refs, though...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Browns fans, it was a missed call and more importantly the fumble out of the end zone rule is really terrible.
Not disagreeing. but the refs obviously had to go by the rule in place concerning the fumble. The helmet thing thing was definitely a muff on their part and I get all that, but refs miss stuff all the time. Hell, we could go back to the tuck rule for example as far as crappy rules in place...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing. but the refs obviously had to go by the rule in place concerning the fumble. The helmet thing thing was definitely a muff on their part and I get all that, but refs miss stuff all the time. Hell, we could go back to the tuck rule for example as far as crappy rules in place...
In the very same game they called crackback block on Seals-Jones that is pretty plainly not one. Forced the Chiefs into a 1st and 25 situation which Henne promptly threw an INT on. Compare that to 2nd and 8 on the CLE 21.

Definitely not the refs' best outing.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the loss on the Browns. Plain and simple. So if any Chiefs fans (or other NFL fans) wanna say otherwise I'll just laugh at them.
Yep. Even with the call Browns still had the ball with a chance to win and didn't get it done. Then a chance to stop them on 3rd and 14 and get it back. Didn't get it done again....KC did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Browns fans, it was a missed call and more importantly the fumble out of the end zone rule is really terrible.
No doubt...but I liken it to the call that helped lose the NFCCG for the saints (an even worse no-call).....still had plenty of chances to win after the call or non-call.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Even with the call Browns still had the ball with a chance to win and didn't get it done. Then a chance to stop them on 3rd and 14 and get it back. Didn't get it done again....KC did.

Exactly. Plenty of time left after that play. Was really disappointed in the D once Henne was forced to play. Hopefully in the off season some defensive upgrades will be a priority.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Plenty of time left after that play. Was really disappointed in the D once Henne was forced to play. Hopefully in the off season some defensive upgrades will be a priority.
would think if they make any splash moves in FA will be like last year but on D. 1-2 ascending players coming off rookie deals. Doubt they pay big money to aging and/or regressing players.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would think if they make any splash moves in FA will be like last year but on D. 1-2 ascending players coming off rookie deals. Doubt they pay big money to aging and/or regressing players.

They gotta do something. According to profootball-ref-.com they ranked 21st in the league.