• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Chiefs @ Ravens 8:20 pm EST NBC

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs couldnt stop the run so the odds were better to put the game on the line there imo. Ravens D made key plays down the stretch, but they werent gonna stop that offense from moving down the field either way. Best way to beat Mahomes is to never give him the ball.

I get that. But if he doesn't get it, is Harbaugh still the hero with grapefruit balls?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But if he doesn't get it, is Harbaugh still the hero with grapefruit balls?

Yes. Chiefs would have got the ball back with about a minute left only needing to get in fg range. It is a decision you only should make if a fg can beat you. Had they been up 4 then i think they punt it.....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Chiefs would have got the ball back with about a minute left only needing to get in fg range. It is a decision you only should make if a fg can beat you. Had they been up 4 then i think they punt it.....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Great. You proved my point. The guys I'm friends with are praising Harbaugh, but shredded Zimmer for making the same decision last year vs. Seattle because the play didn't work.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. You proved my point. The guys I'm friends with are praising Harbaugh, but shredded Zimmer for making the same decision last year vs. Seattle because the play didn't work.

Difference is when you have a player like Lamar you can be risky because he’s that good. When your QB is Kirk Cousins you don’t get the same leeway.

Harbaugh getting praise has more to do with him having tremendous faith in Jackson over him being afraid of Mahomes. Zimmer had the opposite problem. He was more afraid of Wilson than his faith in his Offense and so his decision was based out of fear whereas Harbaugh was confidence.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news for the Chiefs.
They dont have to deal with those pesky question about do you think you will go undefeated! :happy:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs in two great games the first two weeks…could very easily be 0-2 if the Browns get a couple breaks. Still, wouldn’t be worried if I am the Chiefs. Their defense seems to step up at the right time but Lamar is just a different type of challenge. They wouldn’t lose to him in the playoffs, he’s way too inconsistent as a passer
Could easily be 0-2 or 2-0. This is what I figured heading into the season with the opening two games but I do think the Chiefs don't look quite as good as I thought. Mostly that they can't run the ball and they aren't a SB contender if they can't run it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson continues to be the most fun player to watch in the league

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could easily be 0-2 or 2-0. This is what I figured heading into the season with the opening two games but I do think the Chiefs don't look quite as good as I thought. Mostly that they can't run the ball and they aren't a SB contender if they can't run it.
I still think TB looks like the best team. KC will find their stride defensively, they seem to find a way. CEH is proving to me he is who I thought he was, not much a playmaker. Doesn't do anything very well, just decent all-around.

I'm more worried about the Browns defense and their DC..it hasn't been good so far. Long season though, we will see

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think TB looks like the best team. KC will find their stride defensively, they seem to find a way. CEH is proving to me he is who I thought he was, not much a playmaker. Doesn't do anything very well, just decent all-around.

I'm more worried about the Browns defense and their DC..it hasn't been good so far. Long season though, we will see
Pretty much agreed with everything here but I did think CEH would be at least decent. Short guy hard to find behind the line and the ability to change direction and worm his way for some yards. He hasn't looked like that type of player so far this year. There were some flashes of it last year but just in general he has been very disappointing.

TB is pretty much all alone in the top tier right now. Maybe a dozen or so teams in the next tier. I think a clear tier 3 and maybe only Jacksonville, and maybe the Jets in the basement. The league is pretty 'flat' right now. Injuries are going to take out some teams and some teams will figure out their weaknesses as the season goes along and maybe gets up to TB's level.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are beatable.
FWIW, they were just as beatable last year. Its just that most teams couldn't do it. Their team this year is very similar to last year's team, tbh.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, they were just as beatable last year. Its just that most teams couldn't do it. Their team this year is very similar to last year's team, tbh.
Looking forward to playing them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to playing them.
Raiders definitely look good right now. Broncos beat the Jaguars and Giants. Raiders beat the Ravens and Steelers. Those definitely aren't equivalent wins.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders definitely look good right now. Broncos beat the Jaguars and Giants. Raiders beat the Ravens and Steelers. Those definitely aren't equivalent wins.
Yep. But, they have a solid QB so I think they won't be easy to beat.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs offense is fine. It's fully loaded cannon. The RB powder is a bit damp and causes the cannon to hiccup.

The defense is not. The run has been a problem for several years and they either don't understand exactly what the problem is or believe whatever they do will fix it and it's not working. The pass defense is good but the DBs get chippy and have a bad habit of grabbing. I can't for the life of me understand why the DC doesn't kick them in the ass because it's the stiletto that draws the most blood come playoff time.

The Chiefs are going to struggle in Denver and LV this year against two very upgraded defenses.

Warning to Chiefs fans. Don't expect a home bye this year. Your road to the playoffs could be extremely bumpy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs offense is fine. It's fully loaded cannon. The RB powder is a bit damp and causes the cannon to hiccup.

The defense is not. The run has been a problem for several years and they either don't understand exactly what the problem is or believe whatever they do will fix it and it's not working. The pass defense is good but the DBs get chippy and have a bad habit of grabbing. I can't for the life of me understand why the DC doesn't kick them in the ass because it's the stiletto that draws the most blood come playoff time.

The Chiefs are going to struggle in Denver and LV this year against two very upgraded defenses.

Warning to Chiefs fans. Don't expect a home bye this year. Your road to the playoffs could be extremely bumpy.
They've definitely tried to fix the defense. Dorsey was a great offensive GM but he totally gutted the defense. Veach has drafted quite a few guys but hasn't had the best of results and the 2 big contracts were to Anthony Hitchens and Frank Clark and they haven't been good, either. The Chiefs have almost nothing invested at CB and the scheme is based around that imo.

Generally the issue is at LB and the 3rd Safety. No division games have been played, though. I think next week we'll see where the Chiefs are for the season.

No one should expect the bye week. Even the best teams probably shouldn't have more than a 20%-30% chance or so of landing the top seed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awesome.

Just about the only time I pull for the Ravens.

But they were my 4th favourite team yesterday.