• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs LB Feared Flag On Brady TD Run

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it would have mattered much because the Chiefs got flagged for another penalty on the same play so the Pats probably would have still scored a TD, but it's indicative of what these defenders are having to do and think about ....

Speaks thought 'ball was gone' on missed Brady tackle

He said he "thought"...In that case you follow through with the play imo and take the the QB to the ground...the worst that could happen would be half the distance if he was flagged, but I get it.

I forget his name, but there was a player that reportedly this year had a fine larger than his game check. And that comes off the top.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awareness is a thing. He obviously didn't have any on that play.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he "thought"...In that case you follow through with the play imo and take the the QB to the ground...the worst that could happen would be half the distance if he was flagged, but I get it.

I forget his name, but there was a player that reportedly this year had a fine larger than his game check. And that comes off the top.

He would also get fined, most likely. And $20,000 is probably a significant amount of money to him (I do not know what he makes).

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the new rules were a factor here. Brady pumped before he made contact and if the ball had actually been thrown when he pumped, then tackling him in that case might have been a penalty anyway.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it did look like he let up because he didn't want to get a penalty

Yes - I agree - if he was unsure then he needs to follow the play all of the way through and if it is called for a penalty so be it

The underlying thing in all of this is that the way the NFL is now it has all of these defensive players thinking of something else while the play is going on

Despite the NFL brASShats trying to wimpifythe game, the game is still a rough brutal game with huge dudes running and bouncing all over the place and requires focus from all of the players

When that focus is diverted players on both sides of the ball are going to get hurt

The NFL dimwits should just have a rule in place that if you touch the QB that is a sack

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a defensive guy I'm just absolutely crushing the QB every time I get a reasonable chance . If I'm getting flagged for bullshit then I'm going to earn it and hopefully take the others teams QB out with me

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because giving up a TD there is WAY better than a half the distance penalty.

Not buying it. Seahawks hammered Carr all day long yesterday and no flags. Players just need to learn how to do it within the new rules, just like the targeting/defenseless stuff that they've adjusted to. 11 sacks on Carr and Prescott for the Seattle D and not a single one flagged.

Defenders just need to quit making excuses and play.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've seen some defenders starting to just 'grab' the QB (when they can) instead of taking him to the ground and then just wait for the whistle to blow ... most plays don't play out perfectly like that to enable them to do that though

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it did look like he let up because he didn't want to get a penalty

Yes - I agree - if he was unsure then he needs to follow the play all of the way through and if it is called for a penalty so be it

The underlying thing in all of this is that the way the NFL is now it has all of these defensive players thinking of something else while the play is going on

Despite the NFL brASShats trying to wimpifythe game, the game is still a rough brutal game with huge dudes running and bouncing all over the place and requires focus from all of the players

When that focus is diverted players on both sides of the ball are going to get hurt

The NFL dimwits should just have a rule in place that if you touch the QB that is a sack

They need to call "in the grasp" as soon as a defender has the QB.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we will be seeing much more of this. They are afraid to follow through. QB's will continue to benefit.

Don't hit them in the head, don't hit them below the knees, don't Big Splash them taking them down.

Taking them down is still legal.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a defensive guy I'm just absolutely crushing the QB every time I get a reasonable chance . If I'm getting flagged for bullshit then I'm going to earn it and hopefully take the others teams QB out with me

"In for a penny, in for a pound"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just go for the tackle. If you get flagged so be it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL should just go to 2 hand touch, at least that way a defender knows exactly what he has to do... NFL competition committee should be bitch slapped for enacting this rule, bunch of @#$^ing pansies....

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first watch I thought he was full of it, but after watching a bunch of times I'm starting to believe him that he pulled up because he thought the ball was thrown. I'm not sure that was the right decision to do though. You risk the flag when the ball is that close to the goal line. He had to have felt Tom rushing forward and not giving himself up? I guess only he knows