• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs are still the Chiefs, Chargers are still the Chargers

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs get a big 'road' win by making a lot of big plays. Special teams and Hill showed up as the Chargers went all-in on stopping the run and the Chiefs were able to get Mahomes going. Rivers could get whatever he wanted in the passing game against the Chiefs awful pass defense.

Chiefs still look a lot like the team from last year except with more depth at offensive skill positions. Mahomes looks a bit rough around the edges especially when running but the accuracy was there.

Offense: B+
Defense: D
Special Teams: A+

You kind of feel like the Chargers had their chances in game 1 but the Chiefs just made bigger plays. Now KC has the Steelers in week 2 with a game thats probably close to a must-win for them considering their schedule and expectations.

The defense still looks like it needs Eric Berry. Or Marcus Peters. But a win is win.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs get a big 'road' win by making a lot of big plays. Special teams and Hill showed up as the Chargers went all-in on stopping the run and the Chiefs were able to get Mahomes going. Rivers could get whatever he wanted in the passing game against the Chiefs awful pass defense.

Chiefs still look a lot like the team from last year except with more depth at offensive skill positions. Mahomes looks a bit rough around the edges especially when running but the accuracy was there.

Offense: B+
Defense: D
Special Teams: A+

You kind of feel like the Chargers had their chances in game 1 but the Chiefs just made bigger plays. Now KC has the Steelers in week 2 with a game thats probably close to a must-win for them considering their schedule and expectations.

The defense still looks like it needs Eric Berry. Or Marcus Peters. But a win is win.

playing a lot of soft zone and prevent defense had a lot to do with it, but agree. that kinda D ain't gonna cut it throughout the season...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note: Patrick better learn 2 things quick...

1. learn how to spread the ball around to other targets beside Hill, though let's face it, it's one helluva target when it works...

2. learn to take a little something off his passes some times. not every one has to be a bullet...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing a lot of soft zone and prevent defense had a lot to do with it, but agree. that kinda D ain't gonna cut it throughout the season...
The secondary lacked ball awareness, and Scandrick straight lacks skill at his age; as do the safeties (poor Parker has just aged some) and the passrush was inconsistent.

Terrance Smith was kind of the moneybacker and played 45% of the snaps. Given the huge number of receiving yards going to RB's in non-prevent situations, I'd say he was a resounding failure, and should be benched for Dorian O'Daniel ASAP, and if not O'Daniel, Sorensen when he returns.

Breeland Speaks came in over Kpass in passrush packages. That is not a wise decision, imo.

When you have 2 CB's play decent and you still get boatrushed on pass D (Fuller and surprisingly Nelson), it's not a great look, imo.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Clayton. After yesterday, I am looking over my shoulder to see if O'Daniel, Berry, and Tremon Smith could enter the lineup anytime soon, because Terrance Smith, Murray, and Scandrick ain't it. I can get why they throw Breeland Speaks out there in passrush packages even if I disagree, but they need to pull the plug on some guys and just deal with the youth if we get a repeat of yesterday on defense. It's great we got the dub against the Chiefs' main competition for the division on the road, but what would really be exciting is to see something resembling an NFL defense against Pittsburgh for once. (unlikely as it seems right now)

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Clayton. After yesterday, I am looking over my shoulder to see if O'Daniel, Berry, and Tremon Smith could enter the lineup anytime soon, because Terrance Smith, Murray, and Scandrick ain't it. I can get why they throw Breeland Speaks out there in passrush packages even if I disagree, but they need to pull the plug on some guys and just deal with the youth if we get a repeat of yesterday on defense. It's great we got the dub against the Chiefs' main competition for the division on the road, but what would really be exciting is to see something resembling an NFL defense against Pittsburgh for once. (unlikely as it seems right now)

being those guys bitches is getting VERY tiresome...

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are predicting a first round home loss again?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Mahomes threw four touchdown passes in his first start as the franchise quarterback, and displayed his impressive arm, going 15/27 for 256 yards. With Mahomes behind center, the Chiefs offense resembles one you’d see on Saturdays, as Andy Ried has tailored his playcalling to suit Mahomes’ strengths. It will be interesting to see how NFL defenses adjust against them in the coming weeks.

Although the Chiefs couldn’t get their running game going at full speed, Kareem Hunt looks just the same as he did a season ago, breaking multiple tackles and often dragging defenders after contact.

If there was one thing that stood out for the Chiefs defense, it was the frequency at which they were missing tackles. Reggie Ragland and Anthony Hitchens both missed multiple tackles, but there were at least half a dozen other players that missed a tackle too.

Interior defensive lineman Chris Jones continues to be a force as a pass-rusher. He had great success when going up against Dan Feeney and he got to Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers on a handful of occasions.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers schedule is still easier than the Chiefs schedule because they get the Bills instead of the Patriots so week 1 isnt really the huge setback for the Chargers that one might think. If the Chargers don't fumble at their own 10 yd line and dont give up that return to Hill then they probably beat the Chiefs.

I think the Chargers are still the favorites unless the Chiefs beat the Steelers and Eric Berry stays healthy. This division doesnt look all that great but I think all of the teams have potential to play better.

This was a really good win for the Chiefs but that defense looked as bad as ever.