• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Bears to Hire KC Personnel Director Ryan Poles as GM

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it the team that hires him that gets those picks and KC would get a 4th or 5th?
My recollection is it goes to the team that the team is hiring from, and they get two 3rds. One this year and one next year.

So that means KC gets two 3rd round picks. Theoretically they can get another if Bieniemy were to be hired as a HC.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it the team that hires him that gets those picks and KC would get a 4th or 5th?

No the team that hires him doesn't get any extra picks. The team that the guy comes from gets two 3rd round picks.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My recollection is it goes to the team that the team is hiring from, and they get two 3rds. One this year and one next year.

So that means KC gets two 3rd round picks. Theoretically they can get another if Bieniemy were to be hired as a HC.

I stand corrected.

Good for the already well-off Chiefs then.

I would submit that this would discourage teams from hiring minority coaches or executives within the division and/or conference. It basically DQs Bieniemy from getting either of the two openings because the Broncos and Raiders that don't want to give KC another third.