• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Bears hire CFL coach....

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young, from that article:

"Jay's now old enough to see. I've got to believe that if someone came in and, in a resonant way, could speak to him ... that he would respond to that," Young said. "Why wouldn't you respond to that? I think he's ready for it. Part of it is just work. Part of it is really boring. It's like going to law school or med school: a lot of study. What I'm saying, to make the transition, and this is the most difficult part is you've got to turn the TV off. You've got to stay inside. You've got to put up your white board. You've got to memorize things. You have to get so you have reflexive recall. When you have reflexive recall, and you own all the data, you become Peyton Manning and Tom Brady."

I think Cutler's been in the league long enough that he'd probably appreciate whatever Trestman has to impart to him. I don't think he's quite as headstrong and abrasive as some people would like to believe. Should be interesting.

Titanlova09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real? LOL The other options may not be the best but why let go lovie for some dumbass from Canada. The nfl is a whole different ball game. :wtf2:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also hired DiCamillis from Dallas. Seriously, if there was one coach who hasn't earned any of his money over the last few years, it's Joe. The only reason he wasn't fired last year was because of the whole practice facility collapse thing. Not sure what Chicago sees in Joe, but good luck you all.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Trestman is a great choice.
Cutler, Forte and Marshall just got instant boners..
It's going to be quite a change having an offensive minded coach.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They needed an offensive mind there. Everybody knows this and this guy has paid his dues enough to get a shot. I think it was the best choice out there for the Bears. And to the guys who know nothing outside their little world, the CFL has been a high offense QB driven league for a long time. Of course, it's not the NFL caliber talent, but it's not exactly parking lot ball either. A lot of top notch players have learned the game there and played under really good coaches.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think you are Chicago...huge market, historic of historic teams within the NFL. You should be able to pick and choose whoever you want. Seems like they settled and panicked.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We don't know how this will work out but it should be noted that 2 other coaches who came from the CFL to the NFL did pretty well. Not saying Trestman will end up like them but Bud Grant and Marv Levy had a lot of success. Of course, it helped that they both had HOF QB's. Cutler isn't that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think you are Chicago...huge market, historic of historic teams within the NFL. You should be able to pick and choose whoever you want. Seems like they settled and panicked.

why cuz they didn't hire some retread from yesteryear?

Or cuz they didn't hire yer boy Spurrier?..er I mean, Chip??