• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chefs at Niners with a QB type that kills our D (usually even in wins)

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Niners have a chance. It's a home game at least.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do the Niners have a chance. It's a home game at least.
with some key injured players returning, yes we have a decent chance of winning.

its always start with the same thing, limit your mistakes.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sad2::rolleyes2::eek::gaah::Cry::brick:

UGH I wish I was Wrong

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was going to be an embarrassing loss no matter what. The offense isn't good enough to keep up and the defense is too banged up to keep the offense in it.

Bad Jimmy was in full effect. When he makes mistakes, we lose. When he has to pass a lot, we lose. He did both. The safety in the EZ was one thing, but the INT inside the 5 was inexcusable, particularly when his dump off route was wide open for the TD. He missed open WRs with bad throws. He has to play better.

Shocked at how good the RBs, TEs, and even the WRs looked. Nice to see Kyle remember that Kittle was on the team. QB play and OL held them back. CMC looked like he could fit in nicely and his arrival might have lit a fire under Jeff Wilson.

The OL. Wow. TW gives up the sack in the EZ and was called for a penalty. McGlinchey continued to play his way off the team, giving up 2 sacks and 2 penalties. Think about it--journeyman OLineman Tom Effing Compton was a noticeable upgrade over him when he was hurt last year. Tells us plenty. We'll be a better Oline when we let McGlinchey walk this offseason.

The defense...don't even get me started.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was a poor game as mentioned plus the number of penalties. Thing was it was poorly played ALL AROUND, including ST's. It always starts with turnovers and then penalties, we saw it again.

CMC looked very good with his athletic ability, his long runs were due to good blocking but he hit the hole and moved thru it well. Next, throw him some passes out of the backfield, I'm sure he'll get open against the Ram LB's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:sad2::rolleyes2::eek::gaah::Cry::brick:

UGH I wish I was Wrong
So was I, but give some credit to KC too. When Mahomes is sharp, you can't stop it.

We can only hope our offense keeps up, but field goals and missed opportunities won't cut it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW - We can see that passing QB's are still key in the NFL, we just saw Mahomes do his thing. Its nice if your QB is athetic but first and foremost, he needs to pass well. We're all hoping Lance becomes a top NFL QB, but he'll need to do it by passing first.

We also saw that the old adage "defense wins championships" is outdated, the rules now favor the passing game. NOT saying forget the defense because you do need a good defense, am saying a good defense can't stop a good offense. We can't just ride this defense to a SB win, as good as it is.