• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie Casserly off the rails?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already been reported that Casserley works for a company that trains prospects on how to do interviews--and guess what, a certain Oklahoma QB didn't hire them.

This is BS. Now, Murray may or may not pan out. But I can assure you this bad toupee MF is corrupt.

BnIaIFaIcAAoj_6.jpg
Seems like a massive risk on his part to ruin his reputation because he got burned. It's possible that he is an idiot but that still seems somewhat unlikely. I think him having a bad source is more likely. Or him telling the truth. No reason for him to throw his career away on this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just doing his jobs. It's not like he was sitting in those interviews and then gave his opinion. He was reporting what his sources gave him.

Nah...if a QB is a legit 1st rd talent, you don't eliminate a QB from 1st round because of a bad interview...I agree he's reporting what he heard, but that's way over the top.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it every year there is some thing weird that comes out of the combines, ( the kid this year that said he was asked if he still had both his nuts) then there was the one a while back ( asked if his mom was hooker)

I guess my thought is why would a veteran former front office guy fall for "fake news"?
Sure he can play dumb and say multiple valid sources gave him the information, but he could have reported a little different.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may or may not be true but Casserly is a bit odd either way

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question isn't whether he's smart or likable; the question is whether he's just a compulsive liar or not. This would be a pretty tough one to get away with, especially with so many people in the NFL who could refute this story (which nobody has).
He could very well be right about this kid. I don't know for sure, nor do I really care. It's just that Casserly is such a buffoon that I really can't take anything he says at face value. The only cred he has over idiots like Skip Bayless and Stephen A is his actual FO experience. His record in that regard isn't much to write home about though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the local sportstalk radio shows here gets Casserly on as a guest interview around draft time and he tries imo to have "hot" takes...some he's right, most he's not.

To pass on 3rd party noise like that imo is a lazy reporting.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserly worked with what team that currently needs a qb to drop to them in the draft?? This isnt rocket science people....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the local sportstalk radio shows here gets Casserly on as a guest interview around draft time and he tries imo to have "hot" takes...some he's right, most he's not.

To pass on 3rd party noise like that imo is a lazy reporting.

It wasn't only that but the way he made it sound, ( I actually saw it live)
It was almost like he believed every word of it and we should as well along with teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserly worked with what team that currently needs a qb to drop to them in the draft?? This isnt rocket science people....

No it's not...we know he doesn't have a personal vendetta against the kid...a big part of the shame of it

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a strong opinion of Casserly, but his comments seemed a bit over-the-top. Has anyone else backed up his claims....cause it seems most everyone have pushed back.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it every year there is some thing weird that comes out of the combines, ( the kid this year that said he was asked if he still had both his nuts) then there was the one a while back ( asked if his mom was hooker)

I guess my thought is why would a veteran former front office guy fall for "fake news"?
Sure he can play dumb and say multiple valid sources gave him the information, but he could have reported a little different.

He was ultimately proven to be a liar. Karma came back and bit him in the butt for that one.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserley has done a 180 on Murray and now says good things. What a loser.

“Arm strength? He can make all the throws,” Casserly said. “Vision? It’s hard to read vision in this offense but you do see him sit there and have poise in the pocket and be able to see the field. And in running ability, guy is an excellent runner with the football. I think he’s got Russell Wilson arm strength and Russell Wilson running ability. I think this guy has got all the potential in the world to be a successful quarterback in the National Football League. And Mahomes — let’s bring up Mahomes for a second. Compare him and Mahomes on the college tape, I put this guy ahead of Mahomes.”

Charley Casserly changes his tune on Kyler Murray

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes hes off his rails with his crap on murray and this is further proof