• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charles Trade

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been working on getting Charles. He wants a 1st round pick back in the trade. I traded my 1st round pick last year for JJ Watt. I can move JJ Watt for a 1st round pick. He wants me to give him Justin Hunter with the 1st round pick. But he says he doesn't think that Hunter and a 1st is enough for Charles. So he asked if I would give up my 2nd round pick as well. Would you give up JJ Watt, Justin Hunter a 1st and a 2nd to get Charles on your team?

.5 PPR
Dynasty

My Roster
QB- Luck
RB- Lynch
RB- Stacy
WR- Maclin
WR- Wright
WR/RB- Wayne
TE- Witten
DL- Watt
DL- C Jones
LB- Timmons
LB- Lamur
DB- Barron
DB- Branch
DP- D Jackson
K- Dawson

Bench
QB- Foles
RB- T Richardson, Rice, Ivory, Bradshaw, B Brown, J White
WR- Gordon, Cruz, Benjamin, Hunter
TE- Reed
LB- Clowney, Trevathan
DB- S Thomas

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't include Watt. But future picks fof last year's MVP not named Peyton isn't bad. Plus Stacy is really not a good RB2, especially in this format. Hunter is goid, but you really don't need him at all.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't include Watt. But future picks fof last year's MVP not named Peyton isn't bad. Plus Stacy is really not a good RB2, especially in this format. Hunter is goid, but you really don't need him at all.

Well the issue is I have to get a 1st round pick. The guys who have responded to me have interest in Hunter, Watt, Gordon and Lynch. I don't want to move Gordon or Lynch. Because everyone wants to low ball for Gordon. While the guy interested in Lynch only wants to give up one 1st. While I gave up two 1st in Austin/Nuk plus R Randle to get Lynch last year. So that leaves me with Hunter or Watt. The guy with Charles wants Hunter. So Watt is my last current option to get the 1st rounder I need to make a Charles trade.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems a bit too steep to me, but if you really want Charles in a dynasty format, you'll have to pay for him.
Unless something drastic changes this year.

Can't remember what thread this was on or who said it, but even in the Westbrook hay-days, Coach Reid would abandon his star player at times and not get him enough touches. Something to keep in mind, even though Westbrook and McCoy were both studs when they were healthy in Reid's system.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a little work and asked him what he thought of Stacy, Hunter and a 2nd. He said it sound alright and to give him today and he would let me know either tonight or tomorrow. What do you guys think?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way more reasonable - you actually might be getting the better end now

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah! That is miles better.!!!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a little work and asked him what he thought of Stacy, Hunter and a 2nd. He said it sound alright and to give him today and he would let me know either tonight or tomorrow. What do you guys think?

That deal - I would do. The first deal - No, too much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The second deal looks good, but all these questions are impossible to assess because we don't know the value of a 1st round pick.

How many do you keep and who is typically available in the first round? In a re-draft first round picks are a lot more valuable than in a full dynasty where only rookies get picked.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st deal not even close I would say move on target some one else..then I read 2nd deal. That works for sure

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way in understanding it, you traded a 1st rounder to get Watt... that tells me either you got taken to the woodshed in that deal, or a first round pick isn't really an "A+" negotiating chip. Given that someone else is also willing to give up a 1st rounder for him again this year, I'm assuming the latter. Therefore, I don't think a first and a second is too big of a price to pay for Charles. But I would counter with the 1st and 2nd only, no Hunter.. or Hunter and a 1st, and like a 3rd or 4th. That is of course, if he doesn't go for the Stacy deal

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting cold feet on the Stacy deal now. Saying he wants the 1st, 2nd and Hunter. I'm trying to work on him some more.

TLance we are a dynasty league. So the 12 teams keep 30 players from year to year. Cutting the back end to make space for our rookie draft. So think of these picks as late 1st or 2nd round rookie picks. Looking back I would prefer to have my 1st in 15. But at the time I thought I had a chance at the title last year and Watt would push me over the top. But I should have no trouble recouping a 1st. It just might not be as high as mine might be with all my roster issues ie Richardson, Rice, Gordon and so on.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can get away with that (1st, 2nd, Hunter). That late, diamonds in the rough are available (and it will make your draft more fun!)

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can get away with that (1st, 2nd, Hunter). That late, diamonds in the rough are available (and it will make your draft more fun!)

Remember I don't own my 15 1st. So it would be Watt to get the 1st. Then flipping the 1st plus 2nd and Hunter to get Charles. So in total My 2015 1st that got me Watt to move Watt for a 2015 1st. To trade that 1st plus my 2015 2nd and Hunter for Charles. :omg:

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though he does seem willing to give me something else if I did do the 1st, 2nd and Hunter. But he doesn't have much on his roster worth going after. The only guy I would covet would be West. Have not got a response back from him but highly unlikely that he wants to move West.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember I don't own my 15 1st. So it would be Watt to get the 1st. Then flipping the 1st plus 2nd and Hunter to get Charles. So in total My 2015 1st that got me Watt to move Watt for a 2015 1st. To trade that 1st plus my 2015 2nd and Hunter for Charles. :omg:

The issue is not dealing the pick. I think Watt is worth more than a first rounder in your league unless you have reason to believe that first pick will be in the top 4 or 5.

I am not a big believer in paying for IDP players, but Watt is awesome and first round picks in your league just aren't worth a premium player IMO.

Is there another way you could acquire a first round pick?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is not dealing the pick. I think Watt is worth more than a first rounder in your league unless you have reason to believe that first pick will be in the top 4 or 5.

I am not a big believer in paying for IDP players, but Watt is awesome and first round picks in your league just aren't worth a premium player IMO.

Is there another way you could acquire a first round pick?

The only owners who have got back to me on trading a 1st round pick want Lynch, Gordon, Hunter or Watt. The owner interested in Lynch was interesting because he owns Hyde. But he would only offer a 1st for Lynch and nothing more. Not really interested in moving Gordon now even more so with him coming back for sure this year. Hunter is going in the Charles deal if we ever get something he's happy with. So that leaves me with Watt. I sent out a offer with Stacy for my 2015 1st back. But he turned that down with no response.

Charles owner said he's really hoping to keep West no big surprise. He asked if I would want R Jennings or CJ0K. Not really high on either. He seems to be pushing for a ton. So maybe if I push back on West he comes back and finally accepts Stacy, Hunter and a 2nd?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt touch Charles, he plays the rams. sf, and sea and arz division and he lost his entire left side of his line.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well things turned out. He decided to accept my offer of Hunter, Stacy and my 2nd rounder for Charles. Now hopefully my team comes together with Luck/Lynch and Charles leading the way. Then Gordon gives me a stud WR come the stretch run and playoffs.