• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chargers @ Seahawks

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs fucked the Seahawks through the first three quarters. But, that was also one of the worst games I've ever seen Russell Wilson play, and I've seen them all.

Kudos to our secondary which only allowed Rivers to complete 8 of his last 22 pass attempts over the last three quarters. Too bad they had no answer for Keenan Allen.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team looked unprepared today. Russ was all over the field missing open targets and that pick 6 that still boggles my mind why he threw it with 3 Chargers staring right at him. This was a game they needed and botched the hell out of it.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching pats/packers game. It appears the refs here can’t differentiate running into the kicker vs roughing the kicker. What a joke

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same game. If Pack wins. I get in a tie for 1st plaxe on a pickem pool.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the game. We had no answer for Allen and Gordon killed us

On to LA

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just pay attention to WHO the hawks beat and HOW they win or lose and you all wouldn't make jackasses of your self stating how great they are. Rams lost, that stings them badly, they had players crying. Hawks lost at home and i didn't see any emotion from them for the most part. Rams will be all about killing someone next week, i totally expect 4-5 after next weekend. Like i said this is more a 8-8 team than a 10-6 team right now. Thing is i still see growth but the Hawks need more growth and this is the season to get it. They need some weapons on offense as proven so far this season and they need some time to mature the young guys on defense.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts:

- Although I completely acknowledge that Wilson is one of the better QBs (top 5-10) in the NFL, I've never been his biggest fan and yesterday was a big reason why. When he's locked in, he's great, but at the snap of a finger he can just lose it. The first few games of the year were like this too. Everything was great coming in, and the first drive was awesome, and then poof - everything was off. Accuracy was terrible, he was holding the ball too long and running into sacks (and running backwards inexplicably). Very frustrating game for #3.

- Losing Carson was a big blow. The gap between him and the other two running backs is a lot larger than I thought. Davis is a talented back, but he just lacks the explosiveness of the other two. If Carson is out for an extended time (hopefully not), I'd like to see them try to get Penny going.

- Really bad game for Moore. I know the last pass was tipped, but he has to come down with that. There was at least one other bad drop that I remember seeing.

- I have no idea what they were doing on offense in the 4th Quarter. I get that Carroll and Schotty want this persona of being a team that will never give up on the run, but the sense of urgency was laughable. It was almost like they were trying to run the clock for LA. I'm not a huge fan of their offensive philosophy in general, but when you're down 2 scores you HAVE to transition into a quicker, no-huddle offense.

- Defensively, I was pretty disappointed. I thought that first LAC drive was HUGE in terms of how this game went. You march down the field and score, and then they're pinned inside the 10 starting their first drive and you give up 6. Brutal start on defense and it felt to me like if the Hawks get the ball back in optimal field position, that game turns out very differently.

- I've been pleased with Flowers' growth at CB, but he still has a long ways to go. That was a rough outing for him. Same with Coleman - he was absolutely dominated by Allen all day. Probably the worst game I've seen him play.

- Hard to blame the Seahawks, as they expected to have Earl back there, but Thompson is a total liability at FS.

- Pass rush was non-existent. Some of that is Rivers being crafty in the pocket, but there were lengthy periods of time where nobody was getting any heat on him. Clark is great, but he needs some help. I thought they could have worked in a couple blitzes to switch up the looks.

- Time will tell if I'm overreacting to a loss (and there definitely could be some confirmation bias at play here), but to me, this was a game that was going to show whether or not the Hawks were contenders this year and they failed pretty miserably. I mentioned it in the other thread, but if you thought the Seahawks had playoff aspirations this year, that took a huge hit with this loss. You had to win that game with a few games coming up where the Seahawks will be 5-10 underdogs. The way I see it, there are basically 3 games left all year where the Seahawks will be favored.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to see the game as I was in the air coming back from a college reunion, disappointed to see the final when I touched down last night. I haven't watched it back yet, either....dealing with some crud that I must have picked up while packed into that germ tube for 10+ hours. Hopefully Carson bounces back quickly.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upcoming Rams game Seattle is the biggest underdog in the Wilson era .... Rams are HEAVILY favored... Were 10 point underdogs, Wilson has never faced more than a 7.5 dog ....