• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chargers @ Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's game day so lets get things started.

Chris Carson is a game time decision for the Hawks. God i just want a RB that can stay healthy on this team and Carson has shown he can't. It's to bad because he seems like the type of runner that hawks want.

Chargers have won 4 in a row and the Hawks have won 4 out of 5. Both teams are playing better but they also have not been playing very good teams. The Chargers last 4 wins have been against 49ers, Raiders, Browns and Titans. Seattles 4 wins have been against the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders and Lions, not much better.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers have won 4 in a row and the Hawks have won 4 out of 5. Both teams are playing better but they also have not been playing very good teams. The Chargers last 4 wins have been against 49ers, Raiders, Browns and Titans. Seattles 4 wins have been against the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders and Lions, not much better.

That doesn't matter as much to me... I think that card gets played too much... What matters to me is that they are beating the teams their supposed to...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin was released by the Raiders... They're definitely cleaning house...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter as much to me... I think that card gets played too much... What matters to me is that they are beating the teams their supposed to...

you also got to look HOW they beat those teams. Last second wins over a winless or 1 win team doesn't bode well for your team. you need Clean games against those type of teams. Solid play no stupid mistakes and a comfortable win. Nail biters against poor teams just means you are more poor than rich if you get my meaning lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin was released by the Raiders... They're definitely cleaning house...

Hawks could use a edge rusher. He will never make it through the waiver wire though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a weird game to predict. Seattle has the #5 ranked defense going against the Chargers #6 ranked offense. The Chargers have Gordon, yet Seattle has Wagner (although Chargers RBs are averaging 2 YPC before contact). Rivers is throwing a great deep ball, so is Wilson (these guys are literally the two best deep ball passing QBs in terms of %). Seattle does have a home advantage, but not like the Chargers had to travel far (and have a shaky home support crowd anyway).

I HAVE to imagine this is a shootout and similar to the Rams game. Mind you the Rams could've EASILY blown us out given Gurley fumbled at the goal line and Kupp/Cooks both went down in that game (during first half if I recall). I see this as a similar contest with everyone staying healthy. The Chargers do not feature near the defensive pass rush with Bosa still out, but Liuget is a great run defender so I don't expect Carson/Penny/Davis to have as big of a game. This IMO should be a classic duel of QBs which can get ridiculous either way.

On the flip side, Clark should be able to pressure Rivers all day because Okung is washed up and is a false start nightmare which is especially worse given it's at CLINK. After the blown false start call (on Okung) that ended up in an official getting fired, I'd have to imagine Okung will especially be under heavy scrutiny.

There's matchups to watch ALL over in this game and given both teams are in the playoff hunt, I'm surprised this didn't get more broadcasting or pushed to a nationally televised game. This is going to come down to some sort of fluky play or field goal, I feel.

LA WRs vs. Seattle secondary (got worked by Jones Jr. and Rams receivers - Rivers + Allen + Williams offer a similar threat).
Clark vs. Okung.
Gordon vs. Wagner.
Rivers vs. Wilson.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know status on McDougald? If he is out that is a HUGE fuckin' blow.

I mean I get Wright is getting back into game shape but the Chargers suck at tight end. It's their receivers we have to worry about. I get Wright helps with Gordon potentially, but if the downfield resistance isn't there Rivers is going to constantly light it up (best deep ball % QB in the league atm) which will free up Gordon.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully expecting to see the Paul Allen bump today. Paul’s sister will be raising the flag today

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great announcers....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really annoying to not see that Penny isn't getting carries and that is because he's been whatever this offseason.. but I'm not expecting Carson to last (just too much injury history). Hopefully Penny keeps working hard and gets it figured out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.... Seattle's interior line is generating WTF holes this year. I get Bosa isn't in, but Jesus. Firing Tom Cable... FUCKING CALLED IT FOR YEARS.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop that lateral dancing bullshit. Easy first down if he just lunges forward.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop that lateral dancing bullshit. Easy first down if he just lunges forward.

Yah I was screaming at my screen from doing that.... and now it results in another 3rd down. I HATE when guys dance like that...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I was screaming at my screen from doing that.... and now it results in another 3rd down. I HATE when guys dance like that...
He had the first down if he just lunged forward. They all want to be the hero. Just do your f'n job.

Nice TD

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck did I start Gordon and Rivers this game? Seattle is going to waste an entire quarter with this drive, lol.

Edit: Oh NVM they scored... ha.