• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chargers schedule, expectations for 2014?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What say the Chargers fans? Can the Chargers improve on their 9-7 record last season? Are they improved enough to compete with the Broncos in the AFC West?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will have a better team than last year - but we will still struggle to be better than 9-7. Schedule is brutal. Our division is brutal.

AFC West = 6 crazy hard games outta 16 just for starters. Then throw in games:

v Seattle
@ Miami
@ Baltimore
v New England
@ San Francisco

That makes 11 really tough games. I would take 9-7 right now and hope for the wildcard spot.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two glaring issues: the O line and the secondary. We still struggle with establishing a consitent ground game because of a shaky line, and our secondary is a fucking disaster. If it does not see significant improvement this year, I really think we could miss the playoffs. As much as I hate to say it, the Raiders will be a vastly improved team, and we could be looking at a last place finish.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will have a better team than last year - but we will still struggle to be better than 9-7. Schedule is brutal. Our division is brutal.

AFC West = 6 crazy hard games outta 16 just for starters. Then throw in games:

v Seattle
@ Miami
@ Baltimore
v New England
@ San Francisco

That makes 11 really tough games. I would take 9-7 right now and hope for the wildcard spot.

Our final five games are the toughest in the NFL and will certainly make or break our season.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Rivers is begging for a couple of 6' 8" tackles.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line at first sight is a need. However, for some reason the coaching staff kinda solidified the line last year. Running lanes were open, Matthews had a good year, and Rivers was protected for the most part. We could obviously still use help there - but I wouldn't reach for it early unless Z. Martin fell to us (who can play any single position).

We desperately desperately need a shutdown corner back. Problem is that if we don't see a big QB run in front of us - we could miss out on the top 4 at that position. Gilber, Dennard, and Fuller will likely all be taken before us. If one of them falls to us, we jump no questions asked. Verrett may/may not be there, but he may be a reach at 25?

Next of importance, imo, is a Nose Tackle. We lost Cam Thomas. Our 3-4 D depends on a big nose tackle who can eat up the middle. Louis Nix is that guy.

My sincere hope is that both Fuller and Nix fall to us - and then we can't make a wrong decision.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: