• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Chargers @ Kansas City on Amazon Prime and NFL+

Who Will Win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are no broadcast TV networks to watch this on? Guess I'm not watching Thursday night football this year...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent McDuffie KC ruled out

Keenan Allen LA sounds Doubtful to play
Donald Parnham LA sounds Doubtful to play

Harrison Butker KC sounds Questionable
Trey Smith KC sounds Questionable
JC Jackson LA sounds Questionable

I feel like those injuries might be enough to swing the game one way or another but like always itll come down to QB play, too. If Butker is out, you might see both team all-in on 4th downs which means the health of CBs being able to react to quick pass plays will be huge. It cost KC last year in KC when LA converted a bunch of 4th downs against backup KC CBs.

Chargers pass rush in general is probably also the big factor here. Arizona blitzed Mahomes like crazy and got 0 sacks because Mahomes rips apart blitzes. Chargers wont do that. Chargers got 6 sacks and 3 Ints against Vegas and that was the only reason they won. Orlando Brown on KC really struggled in week 1 and Trey Smith was out, too, so Arizona did get quite a few pressures on Mahomes and the Chargers pass rush is much, much better.

These were the two top offenses in EPA last year IIRC but I wouldnt be shocked if this was a 24-21 type of game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are no broadcast TV networks to watch this on? Guess I'm not watching Thursday night football this year...
I haven't checked into yet, but I'm guessing most sports bars and other watering holes will carry these games. Since I have neither Amazon Prime nor NFL+, I'm in the same boat as you, and I suspect a lot of other fans are as well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent McDuffie KC ruled out

Keenan Allen LA sounds Doubtful to play
Donald Parnham LA sounds Doubtful to play

Harrison Butker KC sounds Questionable
Trey Smith KC sounds Questionable
JC Jackson LA sounds Questionable

I feel like those injuries might be enough to swing the game one way or another but like always itll come down to QB play, too. If Butker is out, you might see both team all-in on 4th downs which means the health of CBs being able to react to quick pass plays will be huge. It cost KC last year in KC when LA converted a bunch of 4th downs against backup KC CBs.

Chargers pass rush in general is probably also the big factor here. Arizona blitzed Mahomes like crazy and got 0 sacks because Mahomes rips apart blitzes. Chargers wont do that. Chargers got 6 sacks and 3 Ints against Vegas and that was the only reason they won. Orlando Brown on KC really struggled in week 1 and Trey Smith was out, too, so Arizona did get quite a few pressures on Mahomes and the Chargers pass rush is much, much better.

These were the two top offenses in EPA last year IIRC but I wouldnt be shocked if this was a 24-21 type of game.
Missing K. Allen would would definitely throw a wrench in things if that would be the case...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is Thursday Night Football only on Amazon Prime?​

Well, it’s pretty simple. Money. Money. More money. Amazon will pay the NFL and its teams $1 billion annually throughout the duration of the 11-year contract. This just goes to show us how popular both the NFL and streaming services have become.:suds:

btw its not on nfl+ but can watch it replay after:suds:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
144 QB rating for Mahomes, 5 TDs, 0 INT; and 129 for Herbert, 3 TDs 0 INT last week Should be a very entertaining game.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked into yet, but I'm guessing most sports bars and other watering holes will carry these games. Since I have neither Amazon Prime nor NFL+, I'm in the same boat as you, and I suspect a lot of other fans are as well.

I’m not paying money to watch football unless it’s the Broncos. I’ll go to a restaurant and spend a few bucks on a meal to watch the Broncos, but I’m not gonna spend obscene amounts of money on games I used to be able to watch for free.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not paying money to watch football unless it’s the Broncos. I’ll go to a restaurant and spend a few bucks on a meal to watch the Broncos, but I’m not gonna spend obscene amounts of money on games I used to be able to watch for free.
Each his own. I had prime just to save on shipping cost and streaming was just frosting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with watching games on Amazon Prime is you can't flip back and forth to other things as easily as when it is on regular tv. For Football it's not as big of an issue but it's why I don't even bother putting Yankee games on. So being on Prime, even though I have it, is a thumbs down for me

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s gayern hell

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go out on a limb and pick the Chargers.

I think with Bosa/Mack they have enough pressure points to get to Mahomes without blitzing which is the key to success when playing against him. The ILBs are pretty good coverage linebackers as well and with Kelce being the primary threat, that helps a lot.

And with Butker out, those field goals are going to not be as easy and I think the Chargers can force the Chiefs into kicking situations - certainly a lot more than the dumbass Cards (seriously? Why the fuck were they blitzing over 50% of the snaps?)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw its not on nfl+ but can watch it replay after:suds:
Either the reports of it being on NFL+ are deceptive as well as the display on NFLN I am watching right now claiming it will be, or it's on NFL+.

Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with watching games on Amazon Prime is you can't flip back and forth to other things as easily as when it is on regular tv. For Football it's not as big of an issue but it's why I don't even bother putting Yankee games on. So being on Prime, even though I have it, is a thumbs down for me
That part annoys me as well. For the Yankee games I use my laptop (17" HD screen) so I can flip around on the TV.