• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chara's hit

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished reading that Chara was not suspended or fined for his hit against the Montreal player.

I think the league needs to judge players for their actions on the ice, not pass judgement on players last names. Thornton was suspended for a clean open ice hit, and why? Because the player got hurt. The league needs to teach even the stars in the league that if they give a dirty hit, they will be shown no special treatment.

I say Chara should atleast get a 10 game pass to the press box. Intent or not u have to be aware of your surroundings on the ice.

Hope the montreal player will be ok, the hit was nasty.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 games, lmao.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The nhl fucked this up again. They had a chance to send a strong message, but instead they let it slide because he is a star player in a big market.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the hit was malicious, but I am surprised he didn't get a game or two. It seems like most big hits that result in injuries are getting some kind of suspension this year, regardless of how dirty the hit actually was.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I called it, zero games zero fine and im happy with it... The hit was NOT intent to injured nor was it a violent hit, a forceful hit, whatever any of the modern day finger pointers want to call it while they call for hits in making the game NERF hockey... It was a shove while running towards a loose puck... It was a bad location and a bad luck injury... if it happened at 99.89% of any location around the rink no would made a fuss, it just so happened it was right by that divider. Why does everyone call for heads? You know damn well it wasnt a dirty play, but you want to justify injuries at any coast... Shit happens man... And I hate when people use the be aware of you surrounding arguement, IT WAS A LOVE TAP SHOVE, he didnt cream him into that divider, what more do you want the guy to to, say Ya know what, you had a step on me and were by the boards and our benches are divided, ya know what, you can take the puck.. Gimmie a break... Do any of the people that argue these points even play the game?

Things happen, ive had 7 concussions in my life, 3 were hockey related from getting bowled the heck over while in net... Do I wine? Do I care? No... I play the game cause its a brute physical sport and I love every minute of.. To call for suspensions on a non-intent hit, is like me sueing the guy that jumped off the 2 man sled that was sitting in front of me while I launched into a tree and had to get a 3" stick cut outa my eye socket...

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One aspect of the non-suspension was that he didn't leave his feet. He's like 7 feet tall (on skates). Why would he ever have to leave his feet?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a bit surprised. I thought he'd get two or three games. Chara knew exactly where he was on the ice and what he was doing. While I doubt Chara was trying to injure Pacs it was pretty obvious that driving him into the stanchion was his intent and that in itself is an inherently dangerous play.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised. I thought he'd get two or three games. Chara knew exactly where he was on the ice and what he was doing. While I doubt Chara was trying to injure Pacs it was pretty obvious that driving him into the stanchion was his intent and that in itself is an inherently dangerous play.

Exactly, also, Chara and Pax have a history this season as well. Pax scored an OT game winner and then proceeded to shove Chara after he scored. I'm not saying Chara intended to do the damage he did. But I'm sure he knew where he was on the ice and who it was that he was hitting.....

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called it, zero games zero fine and im happy with it... The hit was NOT intent to injured nor was it a violent hit, a forceful hit, whatever any of the modern day finger pointers want to call it while they call for hits in making the game NERF hockey... It was a shove while running towards a loose puck... It was a bad location and a bad luck injury... if it happened at 99.89% of any location around the rink no would made a fuss, it just so happened it was right by that divider. Why does everyone call for heads? You know damn well it wasnt a dirty play, but you want to justify injuries at any coast... Shit happens man... And I hate when people use the be aware of you surrounding arguement, IT WAS A LOVE TAP SHOVE, he didnt cream him into that divider,

I don't have the picture on hand right now but there is a shot showing Chara's arm up on Max's head as it's going into the thingee. He pushed his head directly into it!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have the picture on hand right now but there is a shot showing Chara's arm up on Max's head as it's going into the thingee. He pushed his head directly into it!

Maybe the replays I saw didnt show that angle, cause I didnt see a hand pushing his head into it. Me & my friend in montreal had an hour long discussion bout this and he kept sending me mulitple replay links and I never saw this head push. If he actually pushed his head into it (ala WWE tunrbuckle style) then thats a different story. What I saw was a slight body contact when they got side by side then the canadian going head first and going down.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks that way from the picture, but you do have to keep in mind that a picture just captures one frame and in a fast moving sport like hockey you lose the big picture and everything else that is going on. When someone uses a still to try to prove their point in hockey I ignore it. It just doesn't come close to showing enough.

Somewhat separate but also something I want to point out is that I don't like the argument that goes something like, "it doesn't look that bad at full speed, but when you slow it down..." Well guess what everything looks worse when you slow it down. Slow motion can (not always) help in determining things like if an elbow really did hit a guy in the head or if a guy did leave his feet, but other than that, the game is played in real time and suspensions should be based on that alone IMO, not a replay that's been slowed down 50 times.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

x10000 He knew he was driving him right into that stanchion, was he planning on putting his head into it, probably not. But its obvious it was deliberate he was trying to put him out

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. In slow-mo you can see him look right at the stanchion and then he extends his arms. He knew exactly what he was doing. I'd come off the bench and try and beat down somebody if they did that to my teammate. I wouldn't care if he was 7' tall.