• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changes in the bowl lineups

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with the poster ... ND has a great OOC schedule, but it is hard to decide what is OOC for them. My post was not meant to be a slam on ND.

FWIW, I went to the ND game two years ago. Unreal trip. We had an incredible time, and the ND fans were some of the best I've seen and I go to a lot of away games. I have a feeling the return trip this year to Athens is going to be a hell of a night, too.

Oh I wasn't taking it as a slight. It's just probably the best way to do it. Since those 8 games are gonna be the same every year. Next year we actually play 6 ACC games so our three "OOC" games would be Western Michigan, Arkansas and Wisconsin. Looks good on paper, but we'll see what Wisconsin and Arkansas look like next season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it'll be a shitty bowl which means the season has been a failure, but it'd be a nice consolation if OSU played in the Cheez-it Bowl. They're the shit.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no excuses now for tSEC fans to go west for a game if it's in Vegas and held in a NFL quality facility.
We can’t help if you guys want to play in SEC country for recruiting purposes.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it'll be a shitty bowl which means the season has been a failure, but it'd be a nice consolation if OSU played in the Cheez-it Bowl. They're the shit.

If only there was a Bourbon & Whores Bowl. I think that should be what we call the Las Vegas Bowl. 'Cause if Bama ever goes that's how I will console myself.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to judge ND's schedule take away the ACC games and Navy, Stanford and USC. As far as games they can control in scheduling. That leaves this year with New Mexico, Bowling Green, UGA and Michigan. That's pretty good for 4 games.
Hey - I remember a time that Notre Dame/Bowling Green was quite the rivalry ... in hockey.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's bring in @UCFhonors for his expert opinion.

I had a colleague who was / is on the FL Citrus Bowls committee. The inside scoop that he gave me showed me just how corrupt FBS postseason is.

It should be no surprise that bowls only care about their 3 year TV deal. Only ratings matter. That’s all. 1 person, not a committee makes matchup decisions.

This is why I could care less about the bowls when FBS moves to a 26 team playoff.

#UCFacts

SHillTiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went one time for literally a day and a half. Enough Vegas for me in a lifetime, something in the water down there.
Buddy of mine is a Generac certified installer and went to a conference in Vegas for two days. Said it was enough to last him two lifetimes. I work for Nestle Waters NA so he texted me and asked how much a 24pk of 8oz water cost. I told him I wasnt positive but about 2 bucks I think. He said they were selling it at the conference for 8 bucks a bottle. I was like WTH!!!! They were selling this for 8 bucks.
images

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy of mine is a Generac certified installer and went to a conference in Vegas for two days. Said it was enough to last him two lifetimes. I work for Nestle Waters NA so he texted me and asked how much a 24pk of 8oz water cost. I told him I wasnt positive but about 2 bucks I think. He said they were selling it at the conference for 8 bucks a bottle. I was like WTH!!!! They were selling this for 8 bucks.
images
He should have left the conference and headed to the nearest grocery store.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was me, I meant OOC. I often use OOS when I am discussing of state tuition issues on other sites. Got it confused.
Jeez ... I am an idiot. Out of State tuition ... hence OOS. Damn, can't type, can't think!