• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Change the banner?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to change the banner for to be current for this season? I say put a similar banner up with Bruce Taylor, David Wilson and Jayron Hosley.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cobrabit asked me to make it a while back. It has been up for some time now and I guess it's time for a change. If any of you guys want to make a new one, that's fine with me...or I can make it. It really doesn't matter to me, up to yall!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly fine with me and I again wanted to thank UTVol for the one we currently have.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd like to see something that highlighted the staff and "new" lane stadium. Also maybe the VT hedges off of southgate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not artistic or computer savvy but I think we should maybe annually rep the seniors uP there so maybe Whitley, Coale, Boykin, Blake and maybe Hosley and Wilson since they are likely done....

But whatever you guys wantto do, I just don't know how to do it, ha ha.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Banner for 2012-2013

I am not artistic or computer savvy but I think we should maybe annually rep the seniors uP there so maybe Whitley, Coale, Boykin, Blake and maybe Hosley and Wilson since they are likely done....

But whatever you guys wantto do, I just don't know how to do it, ha ha.

Maybe I am jumping the gun a little bit but I guess it is time to start thinking about a new banner. Do you guys want to enjoy DW and Jayron a little bit longer or maybe get talking about what to do this year??? (if UTVol or someone else can do it). I kind of like 46's ideas above^^^^from last year in some respects. I like the seniors ideas. This is what I would like to have incorporated this year if possible. Everybody throw in their ideas.

1) Sorry Beams, we will see you next year. I would like to see Bud Foster with the red-face..lookin like Bonner or Hill blew a coverage and he is gonna blow a fucking gasket.
2) The Lunchpail would be sweet too, considering the D is going to be flat out nasty this year.
3) LT would definitely be my pick for offensive player. The rest are such unknowns.
4) Would like to see the elder Hopkins and a return of Bruce Taylor on the banner. They are the seniors and they will be the leaders. Fuller would also be a welcome addition as he will def. be the heart of the secondary...

To early to talk about???

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we move them on after draft day.

I say we stick to adding seniors though. All of the underclassmen that we have put up there have left early, and much like the Hokie Annual, I think it is best we not play with the fates.

Here are the seniors for the coming year who should be considered:

Bruce Taylor (given)
Dyrell Roberts
Marcus Davis
DJ Coles
JGW
Antoine Hopkins

DAMN are we young. We may have to go for underclassmen, but I just don't want to jinx it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinespring, OCain, Newsome... Maybe they will all be gone after next season then?

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the one now and it has 3 players and a coach. I would vote for Coles, Taylor, Hopkins, and Foster. Since the season looks to be defense filled I would continue that theme with the lunch pail and a notable building with hokiestone to tie in the school (new facade at lane, torg bridge, burruss).

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else that would be cool to incorporate would be the tunnel hokiestone with "For those who have passed. For those to come ... Reach for Excellence."

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we move them on after draft day.

I say we stick to adding seniors though. All of the underclassmen that we have put up there have left early, and much like the Hokie Annual, I think it is best we not play with the fates.

Here are the seniors for the coming year who should be considered:

Bruce Taylor (given)
Dyrell Roberts
Marcus Davis
DJ Coles
JGW
Antoine Hopkins

DAMN are we young. We may have to go for underclassmen, but I just don't want to jinx it.

After the draft. Good idea. No need to jump the gun as we have plenty of time. Didnt realize the "VT SportsHoopla jinx" of players leaving early. We might be better to leave LT and Fuller off then.

I wonder if there would be any way to attach a .mpeg to the Virginia Tech link. The intro to Sandman would sure be cool when anyone "Entered" the VT forum.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking about this the other day.

Whatever we do, I really want Dyrell up there. After everything he has been through we owe it to him.